Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411414 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 10:41:03 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDesktop Dungeons Tileset Sharing!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: Desktop Dungeons Tileset Sharing!  (Read 109140 times)
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2010, 08:34:08 AM »

Get work done!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7216965/oryx014.rar
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7216965/rogue014.rar

I've got another possible one in the works, too. Funstuffs.

Please send me messages if there are any errors. Seeing as I have only unlocked the first two areas, some things may not look right in the later ones.

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
JoeHonkie
Level 8

RIP Major Sebastian Bludd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2010, 08:52:40 AM »

Grabbin' these.  The Derek Yu one is still the "classic" for me, nut I like the ZX Spectrum one a lot and the "strain" one.

The R-Type tileset is a neat idea, but I found it impossibly confusing to play with.

When you pick a god to worship, his altar turns into the default one from Derek's tileset.  Is this a problem with the game rendering code or is there supposed to be a different sprite for your chosen altar in the new game that's just missing from all the 0.051 tilesets?

EDIT: Good lord, the ASCII Rogue one is killing me.  Hilarious!
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2010, 10:05:55 AM »

0051 tilesets are missing a few things added to the 014 tileset, such as a lit altar, plant monster, piety logo, and one or two other things.

So the strain/spectrum/gb tilesets are currently missing tiles.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!
The tileset that literally NO ONE was asking for!
1-bit oryx! Feel like you're playing on a gameboy but not really because it doesn't even have shades of gray!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7216965/bitryx014.rar

AUST
JoeHonkie
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2010, 10:08:29 AM »

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!
The tileset that literally NO ONE was asking for!
1-bit oryx! Feel like you're playing on a gameboy but not really because it doesn't even have shades of gray!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7216965/bitryx014.rar
This is hilarious but it's too bad you can't turn the rest of the HUD colors off.
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2010, 10:29:25 AM »

AAGAHGAHGHAGHAGA
There's no devlog, so I'll just put this here.

I HAD BEATEN THE ENTIRE DUNGEON AS A MONK OF TAUROG AND I WAS ABOUT TO KILL FRANK AND I THOUGHT I'D GET ONE LAST EXP BONUS

But blessings of Taurog reduce your max MP. I already had the blessing of RAGE, so my MP was 1. I then reduced it by 2.

Number outside limit, game freaks out, endless error cycle, game crashes.

Undecided WTF Lips Sealed Epileptic Who, Me? Mock Anger Screamy

AUST
JoeHonkie
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2010, 11:18:51 AM »

AAGAHGAHGHAGHAGA

I HAD BEATEN THE ENTIRE DUNGEON AS A MONK OF TAUROG AND I WAS ABOUT TO KILL FRANK AND I THOUGHT I'D GET ONE LAST EXP BONUS

But blessings of Taurog reduce your max MP. I already had the blessing of RAGE, so my MP was 1. I then reduced it by 2.

Oh no!  That sucks, although I've gotten to -2/-2 MP with no problem.

However one of the gods (Binlor Ironshield) gives you a 25% physical damage reduction boon.  If you do it as a monk, your damage reduction actually gets replaced by the boon, which sucks, because I wanted my monk to be nigh-invincible.
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2010, 11:59:26 AM »

I don't think the Binlor thing is a problem, personally- the game is always clear about whether it's adding to your resistance (such as Draklor's resistance boon) or setting the resistances to a certain point (such as Binlor).

Overall I'm having a lot of fun with the new version, but the Warlord is definitely the worst of the lot right now! I kind of wish the developers would touch that class up a bit.
tso
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2010, 04:38:43 PM »

damn this game. got most of the classes tho.

also this.

and then i realized it's 20x20.. so imma make my own game damnit

Cypress
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2010, 07:59:20 PM »

tso, that's pretty sweet. I'm digging the watermelon.
JoeHonkie
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2010, 05:57:14 AM »

and then i realized it's 20x20.. so imma make my own game damnit
Might be good for an Android/iPhone game!

More casual dungeon crawl stuff is great, no matter what.
dislekcia
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2010, 12:41:38 PM »

AAGAHGAHGHAGHAGA

We use the forum link in the readme to catch bugs (or the wiki) - I think this one's been caught and fixed already. Download from the same link... Sorry it messed up your run Sad
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2010, 02:07:12 PM »

So of the new piety system, I'd say Tiki is currently by far the weakest of all of them. It's the only one that I will always pass up without reason. This is mostly because it only has one boon that really boosts your character (the 10% dodge bonus), and the first strike boon is mostly useless when you already pretty much have to have first strike to gain piety in the first place. The gold boon is also mostly pointless, because it costs gold to worship Tiki, and Goblin Wizards still gain gold at a significantly faster rate than anything else.

On the other hand, The Earthmother went from basically useless to my favorite with its revamp. I like the gods that really change the way you progress. She and Dracul are the two strongest, Dracul because the lifesteal + damage boost + resistances means you'll be a tank no matter what class you start with (and there's no magic restriction apart from healing, which makes it basically entirely better than Binlor and Taurog). The Pactmaker and Jehora are both generally above average, The Pactmaker because the high mana/health boosts mean you'll basically always have a decent game with him, and Jehora because while faith is easy to earn and the boons are all excellent, the restrictions are a bit troublesome at times. Binlor and Taurog are generally average (I could use them to win on normal mode with the first few characters, but the special maps are all pretty much impossible with them).

I haven't played with the Glowing Guardian enough times to make a decent analysis of it yet, mostly because it's hard to get the circumstances right (the first few times I tried converting to him, I didn't get close to the 100 necessary for absolution, even in the crypt). I might try abusing the Halpmeh glyph some time to see if I can make absolution work decently.
Pencil_In_Pain
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2010, 02:13:40 PM »

I just found a minute to update my old tileset for the new v1.14. Lots of tweaking and a new band of heroes, so go grab It here:

http://pencilinpain.deviantart.com/art/Desktop-Dungeon-Strain-tiles-158174283

Also, those R-Type tiles were insanely cool. Awesome!

J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2010, 10:18:46 PM »

Is there any way to do images for all the classes or for race-specific images?  I can't find anything about it on his site/posts or the wiki...

hi
Nandrew
Level 0

Working on Cadence

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2010, 01:59:53 AM »

Is there any way to do images for all the classes or for race-specific images?  I can't find anything about it on his site/posts or the wiki...

Sorry, we haven't got that level of granularity sorted out yet ... hopefully something for the next update. Wink

The feedback and tilesets here are made 20% of win and 118% of awesome. Thanks for the interest, we're taking these discussions into account where we can. Smiley
soundofsatellites
Level 2

no way baby, let's go!

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2010, 06:09:33 PM »

Finished the tileset I was working on. It's of the chunkier pixel variety. Beer!

Enjoy! (mediafire)

and the glitter is gone
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 04, 2010, 11:55:44 AM »

I'm fairly surprised no one has made a penis tileset yet.

The artist formally known as "Javet."
JoeHonkie
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: July 08, 2010, 11:21:55 AM »

Finished the tileset I was working on. It's of the chunkier pixel variety. Beer!

Enjoy! (mediafire)
Oooh, I need a new tileset.  Very Apple II.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: July 09, 2010, 08:35:10 AM »

I don't see those kinds of people playing DD.

baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: July 09, 2010, 09:39:23 AM »

I don't see those kinds of people playing DD.

Begin as one of 4 penis varieties (or three plus a tongue?), and go around the map "hitting" as many hot asses as your experience will allow you to... Grin We can call it "Junior High School."

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic