Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 05:43:02 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDeadLogs
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: DeadLogs  (Read 1321 times)
maxwell
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: March 18, 2010, 07:09:03 PM »

So I have a pretty big stash of dead projects I didn't finish cause they sucked, but even though they sucked they're fun to look at. I suspect many of you have your own collections, so bust em out! Part of why I love reading these forums is to see what people who dev in similar ways to me can get working, maybe we can learn something about what hasn't worked as well.  I will start. Hand Knife RightHand Fork Left

One of the games I wanted to make was a tactics RPG.  Can't build it anymore or I'd post a demo, but this is basically what I got done:

Place some units...(the number at the bottom is a timer)

(artwork is temporary, stolen from disgaea)
The images at the top show the order of turns and how much time is left until each character's turn.  Right now it's etna's turn, so the menu on the right shows the actions she can do and how long they take.  The more the character does in their turn, the longer it take until their next turn.

Etna moves...

and shoots.  Not really sure why there's two cancel buttons.

I had a lot of ideas for this one but I got way ahead of myself.  When I should have been prototyping I was working on infrastructure--networking, abstract game systems, all this stuff that doesn't really matter until you have some real play.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 07:13:17 PM by maxwell » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic