Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411421 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 18, 2024, 01:37:33 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGore Hounds [DEAD] incomplete version available.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Gore Hounds [DEAD] incomplete version available.  (Read 4611 times)
siegarettes
Level 0

new week, new persona

View Profile WWW
« on: March 20, 2010, 02:49:44 AM »

"this WIP definitely has potential"-AuthenticKaizen
"Like Gauntlet, only good!"- Fork and Beard
DOWNLOAD BELOW:
http://www.mediafire.com/?nvz1qwi8c6oldde

Project is now dead. Will be using scraps of it for a new game. More info in latest post.

this is my first real big project. currently i'm using it as an exercise in game design and my project to learn GML. please leave as much feedback as you can.

i'm looking for comments on the overall feel of the game, things you liked, and ESPECIALLY things that you do NOT like or that bother you. Suggestions to these problems would be appreciated as well. Thank You fellow TIGers!  Beer!

"when there's no more room in hell, the dead shall walk the earth. so make some."

CURRENT FEATURES
--------------
  • arena based Arcade Mode
  • survival horror style Story Mode
-1 episode available. with alternate path and secret boss.
  • Complete a variety of missions in the arena based Arcade Mode
  • plain old Survival Mode. to scratch that zombie killing itch.
  • DIE System: randomizes enemy locations, paths, and other elements for variety.
  • 6 characters with different weapons and play styles
-dude: uses machine guns and shotguns to take on enemies from long range
-ray: uses heavy shotguns and grenades for crowd control
-superhuman: due a genetic engineering error, he posses the ability to shoot lasers
-ben: smashes enemies with his bat, and can command survivors to do his bidding
-tricia: turns enemies into psychic bombs
-brent: sets enemies aflame with flamethrowers and molotov cocktails
  • bloody good pixel gore effects
  • destructible environment elements:breakable walls and barriers. wood objects can be burned to create new paths.
  • tutorial mode hosted by James of Typing of the Dead ©2000 sega
  • slime mode: switches graphics and sounds to slime themed ones.
  • hardcore mode: makes the game even harder. so you can prove you are a man.
  • music by Rushjet1, The Videogame Orchestra, Robad Pills, and Nine Inch Nails
  • Graffiti story delivery system. Think Splinter Cell:Conviction
  • Kill Streaks accessible by comboing large amounts of enemies. Set your bullets on fire, call down air strikes, and create Multiple satellites, Gradius style.

BASIC CONTROLS:
WASD- move
left click- primary fire
right click- secondary fire
middle click/F- knife/ specific action
SPACE- action key- opens orange doors, breaks down brown doors, pushes enemies, read signs
R- reload (required in story mode only)
CONTROL-Use extra medkits
Q-command survivors to stay
E- command survivors to follow
ESC- restart/end game
F1- changelog and other stuff
F4- fullscreen/window switch

THINGS TO COME
----------------------
-complete removal of the default message boxes in favor of custom message boxes/in game message system
-ACHIEVEMENTS! and stat tracking [IN PROGRESS]
-Redesign of Tricia and Superhuman's abilities.
-more levels, missions, etc
-Survivalism mode. survival mode based on story mode gameplay w/ randomized levels and item locations.
-support for user made Mods. [IN PROGRESS]
-THE SURGEON. possible stand alone program that allows you to play in randomized arenas as well as modify stats such as weapon damage, max zombies, etc.
-unlockable weapons for all game modes

OTHER INFO:
-----------------
File Size: 26MB [ZIP format]
GM Ver. 8
Changes Screen Resolution:Yes
Uses Super Sound System Dll
Uses message system from Eddie's Platform Engine
Windows XP or higher.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 06:41:16 PM by siegarettes » Logged

rayteoactive
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 11:44:22 AM »

I'm downloading the game now, but the banners link is not work  Concerned

siegarettes
Level 0

new week, new persona

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 11:40:07 PM »

ah! thank you for the heads up!

Fork and Beard
Level 0

kappa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 05:20:18 AM »

This is a beaut. Though it reminds me more of Gauntlet than Robotron. Yeah, like Gauntlet, only good!

I haven't spent a lot of time of this game yet - though I intend to because the amount of detail is awesome - but I can say what I have seen is sweet as.

Sorry to say I was a bit confused over the controls though. When I was Guy and pushed space bar it launched an orange projectile but the tutorial said space opens door. The tutorial also said right click used alt. weapon but it didn't seem to do anything. I guess I need to spend a little longer in the tutorials or maybe I'm not hardcore enough...

The sprite when your brain gets eaten is perfect and an early highlight for me.

siegarettes
Level 0

new week, new persona

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 08:50:45 AM »

ah thank you very much! i'll try to work on that SPACE thing. maybe make it automatically open doors around you.

you may not have been able to use the alt fire as guy if you set hardcore mode on. that empties your ammo count at the start.

thank you for the reply, ive worked hard on it and its great to see someone actually playing it.

siegarettes
Level 0

new week, new persona

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 02:30:27 PM »

im currently working on a system to track the levels completed and game settings using .ini files.

this will be useful not only for the possibility of adding achievements, but it will also allow me to update the game with new versions without requiring the player to unlock everything again.

i'm also working on the SPACE door opening thing. its tough.

siegarettes
Level 0

new week, new persona

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 03:06:07 PM »

implemented a new ACTION system. automatically opens nearby doors. not perfect, but working. i will probably make the old version available as an option as well.

i'm working on some tweaks for the MODs as well as possibly allowing others to create their own.

siegarettes
Level 0

new week, new persona

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 01:33:53 AM »

UPDATED .EXE WILL BE COMING SOON...

~redid ACTION system again. you will automatically open/close doors that are within range. a hand symbol also pops up to alert you to doors within range. the system is near perfect, so i will not include old version.

~added incomplete tracking system for levels. changes level select icons when level has been completed. also shows if a level has been completed on HARDCORE mode.
~added options menu to change settings and activate mods.
~added music on/off setting
~added option to view ACTION collision boxes
~slime mode can now be turned on and off
~dumped most of the main sprites into .gmspr files for use with GM8. they are not much, but feel free to use them as long as you give credit. will be added options in the menu for user created mods as well.
~laid groundwork for stats and achievements. total blood spilled and zombies killed are recorded.
~moved survival levels to a separate menu. additional survival modes will be implemented in future.
~created an updated game manual. will come in .chm format and details many aspects of the game as well as offering tips and strategies.

~fixed various glitches.

~added objective compass to Story Mode. can be turned on/off with the "H" key.

~added new enemy type: Stalker. almost invisible until close. when killed can mutate into another form that teleports close to you at random intervals.

~tweaked damage settings for Smasher.

~enhanced gore effects.
gibs can now splatter upon walls and leave decals. if the high gore effect is turned on it you can create multiple decals and cover walls almost completely in gore. creates a lot of instances however, so it is optional.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 01:37:22 AM by MercuryBlind » Logged

siegarettes
Level 0

new week, new persona

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2011, 06:32:15 PM »

UPDATE: After a damn long time working on this game I am finally giving up on it.  Panda

Good news is that I will be reworking a totally new version with a more arcade focus from the scraps of what I've got.

If you want to play what I've got right now here is the link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?nvz1qwi8c6oldde

source code is also here if you'd like to see what's up, mess with it or whatever. I've licensed it under Creative Commons Non-Commercial Share-Alike so you are free to do whatever you'd like with the assets as long as you also license it under Creative Commons.

source code:
http://www.mediafire.com/?4qh4l4u85kmm26h

I've revised the menu to be a bit clearer, added new options for better performance, and done a few things like added a new text delivery system to story mode.

The "dude" character also has the ability to use kill streaks if you manage to kill 50, 150, and 300 enemies without getting hit. Press 1,2,or 3 when the icons appear to select one.

For the best experience I recommend playing Suvival mode with dude. Probably the best part of the game.
There is also some new music in the game from Nine Inch Nails and Robad Pills:

http://www.archive.org/details/mode004

Creative Commons (more info):
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/us/
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 11:08:02 AM by siegarettes » Logged

siegarettes
Level 0

new week, new persona

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2011, 11:09:55 AM »

On another note: Sorry to see the game die. Hopefully you get some folks using the source code from it.

Thank you for the heads up. No idea how that slipped past me. I'm actually going to use parts of it to build a new engine which will hopefully actually be useful to people other than myself.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic