Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411488 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 04:12:48 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingZoX Universe
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: ZoX Universe  (Read 4681 times)
khsandja
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: February 25, 2008, 04:17:24 AM »

Hello ,

this is our new game

www.zoxuniverse.com

i would like to hear your comment  Smiley
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 02:15:37 AM by khsandja » Logged
Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 06:54:05 AM »

Can you give us a bit more explanation about what the game is about? You could also throw in some in-game screenshots too...

Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 07:28:36 AM »

I thought it looked good, although I thought that the boxes being the same colour as the play area was a bit confusing. The bomb effects look a little unpolished as well. Overall it looks like cute mayhem Smiley

khsandja
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 01:36:37 AM »

The game is for max 5 players and it is played on one computer with joystick
and keypads.
Its very fun to play it that way because you can scream at yours opponent and laugh  :D and they can do it to  Lips Sealed

the goal is to be the last ZoX standing in the arena , and to be proud about that!!!

here are some pictures

@haowan
hm , about the color of the boxes , i had the same question , but i was in minority
do you have an idea about what  color you would like to see ?
Alex May
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 07:02:14 AM »

I dunno, anything I guess. Different themes? I mean, the play area is yellow, the boxes are yellow and even the player craft are yellow. It's hard to see what's going on.

I really think you should look at the explosion effects too, they don't look very satisfying.

khsandja
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 03:29:27 AM »

Ok, we are making changes for the color of the boxes right now  Wink
the main reason they are yellow is because of cpu power we dont use shadows for
the boxes , so if they are some other color they look like chicken in the boots ,
but we find a between solution that is looking good .
And also we are going to make changes to the explosion , to look more colorful.

Thanks again for your comment Smiley
khsandja
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 04:23:56 AM »

Hi,
 this is a movie where we tested the AI players
which would be include in new version :

Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 05:24:56 AM »

I think you should use a different joystick image, instead of stealing Nintendo's Virtual Controller.

lowpoly
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2008, 09:53:08 AM »

Your game looks great, I love the whole Bomberman soccer aspect to it.  Smiley
Is the camera distance fixed or can you zoom it in a bit?

Looking forward to the new bomb effects. New colors should help and possibly some slight shading to thicken it up a bit.

khsandja
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2008, 03:27:38 AM »

Thanks to your comments on ZoX - Space Arena we are finnishing new version of it
ZoX - Space Atrena 2. More about it on our site

www.zoxuniverse.com

To show our gratitude for your time to test and comment , we are giving for
free the ZoX - Space Arena Smiley
Alex May
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2008, 08:27:42 AM »

Looks like you're getting somewhere now!

khsandja
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2008, 02:18:12 AM »

It took a little bit longer  then we expected it, but now it's here :

ZoX Universe - Space Arena 2 .

We took all the comments we got from you,
 for our first game and make them happen  in the Space Arena 2 Smiley

Visit us here

www.zoxuniverse.com

Alquesm
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2008, 02:34:07 AM »

I really like your game, it's cute and the game mechanics is working great I think. I really like the idea of explosions being obstructed by crates, creating irregular shaped explosions. Although it can make it a bit more difficult to know when you're safe. But I guess that comes with experience.

I played through the easy campaign. However, on my computer the game started to lag in the last 2 levels. It lagged both when bombs went off, but also when no bombs was in the arena. It lagged so much, the game practically stopped for about 500 ms when bombs went off. Pretty annoying. If I had to play 5 more levels like that, I would have quit.

My laptop is a Intel Duo Core 2, 2 Ghz, 2 GB RAM and a nVidia Quadro NVS 110M. I have Windows XP.

I agree with haowan that you should make the boxes another color than the arena.

On the good side, I really like your cute theme, and the intro to the campaign made me smile when you see the giant UFO with the sign "Recruiting in progress". Also, the main menu is also nice with the aliens following your mouse cursor.

I really believe you should try to get your game on the Nintendo Wii. Use the Nunchuks joystick for movement and throw bombs with a swinging motion with the Wiimote. More swing, equals a longer throw? Perhaps just publishing via WiiWare?! (They definately need some good games there currently...)

If you get it onto the Wii, I'll buy it. Seriously.
Ciardhubh
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2008, 09:52:25 AM »

Graphics are cute and good looking. Controls are smooth and easily usable. I like the animation of the characters. Looks like a fun game. As far as the boxes are concerned, I did not find anything wrong with them.

I guess there are basically two issues that make me hesitate getting it:
- How many single player levels are there? I don't think I'll find somebody to regularly play it with, so I'd prefer an extensive single player campaign Wink.
- Is there a way to increase the display resolution? My computer can handle more so I'd love get rid of those aliasing artifacts.

I had 2 minor cosmetical bugs in the menu:
- The zox running around sometimes run through the elevated platform in the centre.
- If you push the exit-button all the way to the left, it will return on a different way partially "crashing" through the arena.

Oh and in the non-square arena, bonuses would sometimes fall outside the arena. Probably not a bug but it caught my attention while playing.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 09:54:47 AM by Ciardhubh » Logged
Greg Game Man
Level 5

i have to return some videotapes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2008, 04:29:00 PM »

ah, i like the look, and it plays really well..i think it needs some more catchy songs in the background really...

itd be great if everyone started out in a little house built of blocks haha, or if you could jump up onto towers of blocks, only to have someone blast it and bring you back down..

i think theres a whole lot more you could do with the block physics really.. jumping up onto piles of blocks to escape explosions would be cool too

really well polished game though

khsandja
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2008, 10:25:21 PM »

Thanks for your comments Smiley

@Alquesm
hm, about the lag, we tested it a lot and there were no such a things, from other people we heard  some things like that, but when they closed some other programs that where running on their computer, the game worked perfectly.
It is small in size, but it does use resources, so programs like winamp  can make it slower.
And for wii, nice idea we will think about it Smiley

@Ciardhubh
it's only demo version so we didn't put all there Smiley
there are more then 40 levels all together in the full version, and the hard campaign it REALLY hard to finish  Wink
The game uses  your current resolution , so you can adjust your screen resolution on the desktop to suit you the best Smiley

@Greg-Anims
There is a different song for each arena, and they are all original thanks to Nino Rajacic who
composed them. And we are wery pleased with them. It would be easy to take same famous song and  put it there but  Wink
and about the jumping on the crates?
look, we called the game Space Arena 2, and it's under the ZoX Universe series, so there will be a lot of new games in the series, and if jumping on the crates is what people would like to p(l)ay ...
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic