Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411515 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 05:26:15 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesNintendo 3DS
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 107
Print
Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS  (Read 249381 times)
BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1220 on: November 28, 2011, 08:16:38 PM »

So wow, maybe 3DS will have a huge turnaround as a holiday christmas gift this year. It seems Mario has been a hit for just about everyone and for $199(the game bundle) I don't think it pushes most peoples' budgets too far.

I really want Super Mario 3D Land.

Trevor Dunbar
Level 10

Working on unannouned fighting game.

View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: November 28, 2011, 10:56:28 PM »

So wow, maybe 3DS will have a huge turnaround as a holiday christmas gift this year. It seems Mario has been a hit for just about everyone and for $199(the game bundle) I don't think it pushes most peoples' budgets too far.

I really want Super Mario 3D Land.

Expect the 3DS to be fine, maybe Nintendo will finally see that all you need to sell a system is a few great games with a dash of advertizing.

Quote from: TIMMY DILBERT
...fastest selling PORTABLE mario to date

fixed
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 11:03:03 PM by Trevor Dunbar » Logged

Toucantastic.
Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1222 on: December 06, 2011, 01:17:38 PM »

Pushmo / Pullblox is out this week. Excellent news. Looks colour-tastic and fun.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-12-06-nintendo-announces-pullblox-3ds-eshop-release-date

It's got level sharing via enormous QR codes. I love QR codes as a sharing method; makes so much sense considering everything has a camera.

[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: December 06, 2011, 09:21:36 PM »

Really? Oh man, I'm still too obsessed with Mario Kart 7 to get into Pushmo Concerned

EDIT: Game demos coming to eShop. Actual demos, apparently. In Japan.

- Monster Hunter 3G
- Cooking Mama 4
- Puyo Puyo
- Crayon Shin-chan 3DS
- Dead or Alive: Dimensions
Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1224 on: December 08, 2011, 02:31:15 PM »

Pushmo / Pullblox is oh-so-delicious. Colourful, polished, cheap, and great for pick-up-and-play puzzling. The 3D is a genuine benefit too.

New firmware update also. 3D video recording which was a bit eye-destroying when I tried it, but probably works better in brighter light than I was in. Lots of StreetPass fun to be had.

With Pullblox I tried the download-in-background feature. Only works in sleep mode, so you still can't do anything at the same time, but there's less waiting around overall because you don't have to watch the animation.

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: December 08, 2011, 03:25:28 PM »

3DS Slide Pad Expansion Lasts 480 Hours Off Single Battery
That's one less worry:
That's 20 full day
60 work hour day
240 or 120 day on average gamer session (2-4h per day)

[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: December 08, 2011, 09:09:20 PM »

Pushmo / Pullblox is oh-so-delicious. Colourful, polished, cheap, and great for pick-up-and-play puzzling. The 3D is a genuine benefit too.
I seriously want it. I think Nintendo should trust Intelligent Systems more, they're stuck with Paper Mario and Fire Emblem - and of course I love those, but it'd be nice if they let them try something big with a big franchise like Retro did with Metroid and Donkey Kong.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: December 09, 2011, 04:17:42 AM »

Pushmo is pretty sweet. Picked that up yesterday.

The tutorial had me mashing A quickly because I felt like the little delays between dialogue boxes were irritating, but once I got past that it was really fun.

My only concern is that the strategy may be a little thin. A few of the levels I managed to get by a huge puzzle by only shifting a few blocks and using diagonal jumps (Especially the Mural levels). I was left wondering if the game was going to emphasize open levels with multiple solutions, or if later on I'm going to find more rigidly designed levels that require a specific method to solve.

It looks like I'll get several hours out of this without touching the custom level thing, which is a good value.
Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1228 on: December 09, 2011, 07:09:07 AM »

I think most of that first Murals group is just meant to be for fun rather than puzzling. It introduces a few new puzzle elements later on, so it should get tough once the 5-star levels appear.

Dunno if it's worth doing a thread for custom puzzles. For now here's the only one I've made - as far as I'm aware this only has one solution.

I rated it 4 stars but I hadn't played much of the game and wasn't sure what the ratings really meant. It's probably more of a 3.

[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: December 10, 2011, 06:32:03 PM »

I'm loving Pusmo. I made a really quick level:

The music is quite nice, I'm enjoying it a lot.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: December 10, 2011, 07:56:17 PM »

Ishi's level was pretty tough. I had to use the reset at least twice because I'd leave some blocks out that prevented me from climbing back up. I'll have to try RM's puzzle later.

The later puzzles get pretty rough, so it seems my worries of shallow strategy were unfounded. Just finished Murals 2 and I'm a little upset the end of the game is rapidly approaching.
[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: December 10, 2011, 08:56:22 PM »

Mine isn't challenging at all, I was just messing around with the creator Durr...? I just finished the first set of Murals.
Uykered
« Reply #1232 on: December 14, 2011, 03:39:55 PM »

These GBA games are being given to people in the "ambassadors program" on the 16th:

• F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
  • Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi’s Island
  • Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
  • Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
  • Mario Kart: Super Circuit
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong
  • Metroid Fusion
  • Wario Land 4
  • WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Dums
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: December 14, 2011, 03:52:05 PM »

all good gams
rob
Level 8

all 'bout Zumba (absolute pro @ Zumba)

View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: December 14, 2011, 03:55:15 PM »

Can a non-ambassador buy ambassador games?

Aloshi
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: December 14, 2011, 03:58:54 PM »

Nice lineup! The only one of those that I ever really played was LoZ: Minish Cap, so it looks like my 3DS will finally see some use.
Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1236 on: December 14, 2011, 04:21:10 PM »

And Fire Emblem I believe:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-12-14-nintendo-3ds-ambassador-gba-games-out-friday

Can a non-ambassador buy ambassador games?

As far as I know, no. I think I remember reading that the NES games will be fully released eventually (with better emulation, the current version doesn't have proper savestates) but I don't think the GBA games are planned to be released.

BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1237 on: December 14, 2011, 04:28:04 PM »

These GBA games are being given to people in the "ambassadors program" on the 16th:

• F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
  • Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi’s Island
  • Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
  • Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
  • Mario Kart: Super Circuit
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong
  • Metroid Fusion
  • Wario Land 4
  • WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Dums

YEEEEEEEEES...

Maybe I'll actually play minish cap all the way through this time dohoho!

Trevor Dunbar
Level 10

Working on unannouned fighting game.

View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: December 14, 2011, 05:42:15 PM »

Pretty cool Ambassador games, I'm still kind-of pissed about Red 3DSes coming like just a month after I bought one.

Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap should keep my 3DS busy for awhile.

Toucantastic.
[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: December 14, 2011, 11:03:31 PM »

Kirby, Mario (vs. Donkey Kong, Kart), F-Zero and maybe Fire Emblem? Awesome. Wario Land must be good as well.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 107
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic