Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 05:26:01 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesNintendo 3DS
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 107
Print
Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS  (Read 246761 times)
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1240 on: December 15, 2011, 12:32:20 PM »

It's the weakest Waroland game besides Shake It, but it's fun and real purdy.

Amazing Mirror is the best Kirby game.

dustin
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: December 15, 2011, 12:37:23 PM »

I think warioland 1 is the weakest of  the warioland series.  Either 2 or 3 probably gets my vote for best platformer ever though so even though I liked 4 worse it was still amazing.

I'll have to try amazing mirror, I've never played it but I love kirby games.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1242 on: December 15, 2011, 12:58:09 PM »

I agree with 2 and 3 being the best ever, but 1 did some cool things and had some fun level design. It's really different from the rest of the series though and I kind of think it should be considered as a separate game.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: December 15, 2011, 02:37:28 PM »

tbh i prefer this lineup to the nes lineup which was mostly gams everyone's played already and ones that weren't all that good imo. super circuit is the only real dud.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: December 15, 2011, 03:16:33 PM »

What about that Wario: Master of Disguise game? I never played that one.

I found all the Wario games to be excellent. Unlike Nintendo's other series, Wario's games seem to constantly be doing something completely new. 4 and Shake It! come closest, but they still wind up being pretty dissimilar to each other and certainly all the other games in the series.

The treasures with amusing descriptions in Shake It! kicked it up pretty high on my list, though.

I wonder if this will have any impact on folks buying the WiiU, hoping to get a windfall of free game downloads for being in the first tier of buyers.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: December 15, 2011, 03:28:36 PM »

What about that Wario: Master of Disguise game? I never played that one.
Feels unfinished. The concept is cool but boring level design and incredibly annoying gimmicky touch controls aren't exactly an enticing combination. One of Nintendo's weakest first party (well second party) games in recent years imo.

Speaking of which, how's Wario World?
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: December 15, 2011, 03:43:48 PM »

Whoops, I forgot about Wario's World. I guess that's another one I have not played.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: December 15, 2011, 03:50:55 PM »

I'm interested in it cuz it's by Treasure, a developer that has rarely if ever let me down.
Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: December 15, 2011, 04:24:05 PM »

It was pretty good, definitely under-appreciated along with Shake It. Plus, it had these:

Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1249 on: December 15, 2011, 06:34:08 PM »

I have to jump in and defend Wario Land as being the best Wario Land, in addition to being one of the best games ever. It got a little dull once they made him invincible. Plus, Wario Land had a ludicrous amount of mood and atmosphere for a Game Boy platformer.

I had Wario World but it was from CEX, and had a rubbish sticker on it which didn't peel off properly, so it kinda stuck in my Wii. Hence I only played it a couple of times. Was good though.

Got a random 3DS spotpass just that added a Eurosport icon to the homepage. I don't really have any interest in 3D sport videos but it's good for free. I've set it to download while in sleep mode, and accepted future automagic spotpass app downloads.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: December 16, 2011, 01:00:10 AM »

Metroid Fusion is still a damn fine game. I'd already forgotten just how good it really is.
Kramlack
« Reply #1251 on: December 16, 2011, 02:05:31 AM »

Can't say I care for these 3DS ambassador games, but I did download them anyway. The 3DS filters the game's poorly, and I'll see how it handles the emulation when I get to Nightmare in Metroid Fusion. I do think I'll end up sticking with my PSP if I want to run NES/SNES/GBA/etc games though.
Richard Kain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1252 on: December 16, 2011, 09:54:41 AM »

I just finished downloading the new crop of GBA ambassador titles.

I feel the GBA titles are a better selection than the NES titles. Roughly 50% of the NES games were weak entries, and could have been easily replaced by better choices. Zelda 1 and 2, Metroid, Super Mario Bros., and Donkey Kong Jr. were respectable choices, and solid entries in the NES's earlier catalog. Ice Climber, Wrecking Crew, Nes Open, Balloon Fight, and Yoshi were all second-stringers and not really worth the trouble. They felt like filler, and weren't representative of that system's strengths.

The GBA titles are a better representation of it's strengths. One of the weakest titles in that list is Mario Kart Super Circuit. The rest are all solid choices, and there is a good cross-section of Nintendo's major first-party franchises.
Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1253 on: December 16, 2011, 10:02:31 AM »

A bit of a shame about the lack of home button / sleep mode / save state functionality in the GBA games. Presumably the games are running on hardware (the same chip as DS games) rather than being software emulated. Otherwise there's no reason for them not to behave like a normal 3DS app. If so, I can see why Nintendo aren't planning on releasing them to the public.

Looking forward to getting stuck into some of the games. Not sure Wario Land 4 is for me, not keen on the level design so far - the self-destruct sequences particularly. But the intro was fantastic.

[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: December 16, 2011, 10:11:28 AM »

If I recall correctly, both the NES and GBA games will be updated later to work like regular VC games (home, sleep, save state).

I'll download a couple of these games but I don't expect them to make me stop playing Mario Kart 7 and Pushmo. When I'm done with those, I'll get serious about Mario vs. DK, Kirby and Fire Emblem Cool
Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1255 on: December 16, 2011, 10:55:13 AM »

Yep, I need to keep focusing on Pullblox. I'm in the penultimate chapter, but have slowed down to one or two puzzles a day thanks to being busy.

Incidentally, I should have posted this when talking about Wario Land.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: December 16, 2011, 03:39:15 PM »

The GBA titles are a better representation of it's strengths. One of the weakest titles in that list is Mario Kart Super Circuit. The rest are all solid choices, and there is a good cross-section of Nintendo's major first-party franchises.
if they replaced super circuit with mario & luigi superstar saga it'd be pretty much flawless imo.
eld
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: December 16, 2011, 04:32:07 PM »

A bit of a shame about the lack of home button / sleep mode / save state functionality in the GBA games. Presumably the games are running on hardware (the same chip as DS games) rather than being software emulated. Otherwise there's no reason for them not to behave like a normal 3DS app. If so, I can see why Nintendo aren't planning on releasing them to the public.

Both ds and gba games are emulated though arent they? So it should be fully possible.

dustin
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: December 16, 2011, 05:14:17 PM »

Both ds and gba games are emulated though arent they? So it should be fully possible.

Really?  I didn't think the 3DS had nearly enough power to emulate the ds.

Looking up the processors DS has
ARM 9 and ARM 7 (which is the GBA processor so it's used to run gba games nativly on the ds)

The 3DS has 1 ARM 11 so I guess it is emulating it... That seems like it wouldn't run to well for DS emulation.  Should be strong enough to do GBA well though...
James McCloud
Level 3

I can't art

View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: December 16, 2011, 08:35:37 PM »

Oh man CA.  Superstar Saga is so great.  Now I need to get out my limited edition NES designed GBA and play the shit out of it again.
Partners in time and Bowser's inside Story be damned, Superstar Saga is the best.  Challenging bosses, fun combat, fun special moves, great puzzles. 

I had stuff to do too...

(And yes, I am bragging.)

This is me on steam.

Hey look!  My blog's gone again!  Ain't that somethin?

I really need a better sig :\
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 107
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic