Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411514 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 01:31:02 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesNintendo 3DS
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 107
Print
Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS  (Read 249379 times)
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: December 21, 2011, 02:59:49 PM »

I discovered today that by adding funds during the purchasing process, instead of adding them beforehand, you can choose to add only the exact amount required, instead of adding £10 minimum.

Why would you add funds before you wanted to buy something, except because you don't have a credit card?

Converting the cash to Nintendo fun money before you intend to use it results in a loss of liquidity with no benefits.
Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1281 on: December 21, 2011, 03:40:40 PM »

As far as I'm aware the option I mentioned was only in the recent update. At least I've seen people mention that the £10 minimum spend was removed, and I remember people moaning about it before. I used to add money beforehand because I didn't know the 'amount required' option existed if you do it during a purchase.

..Yep it was in the recent update.
http://3ds.nintendolife.com/news/2011/12/guide_nintendo_3ds_system_update?page=3

[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: December 22, 2011, 01:02:36 PM »

Swapnote is fun, and we got Mighty Switch Force as well! I may buy it later today.
[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: December 24, 2011, 04:52:05 PM »

Just got Shinobi, it's actually pretty decent. Definitely quite challenging, and I hope level design doesn't go downhill after the first levels like most reviews say. But man, it's kind of ugly. I'm okay with the PS1 graphics, but the art itself is somewhat bad. Overall I'm glad I bought it.

Also, VVVVVV hits the eShop next week.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: December 24, 2011, 06:29:19 PM »

I'm still struggling in Pushmo. The Bonus Pushmo are really brutal! When I cleared the first three chapters in an hour I never expected the last chapter would take up to half an hour per puzzle.
Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1285 on: December 25, 2011, 02:39:26 AM »

I'm still struggling in Pushmo. The Bonus Pushmo are really brutal! When I cleared the first three chapters in an hour I never expected the last chapter would take up to half an hour per puzzle.

I'm on the last chapter too (called Special Challenges on my version). Two more to go, and they are super-hard.

Letter Box is ace!

Oh and I love Mighty Switch Force. Justice SERVED!

Kramlack
« Reply #1286 on: December 26, 2011, 12:36:03 PM »

Nintendo 3DS Games Getting Paid DLC.

I know, I know, Nintendo haven't done DLC yet so we don't know how it'll turn out, but whenever I hear paid DLC now, I get depressed.

EDIT: Ah, I almost forgot the reason I posted in here. Has anyone tried Mighty Switch Force? It looks to play almost the same as Mighty Flip Champs, with only slight enemy interaction? Is this true? I was hoping for more of an action oriented platformer instead of another puzzle one...
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 12:41:16 PM by Kramlack » Logged
paulmcgg
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1287 on: December 26, 2011, 12:51:59 PM »

My god, pushmo/pullblox is incredible. Catching up on all the DSiWare/3DSWare stuff now (Pict, Starship defense), there's some good stuff! Any recommendations?

*It's a bit annoying all three of these games have different names in each region. :/
Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1288 on: December 26, 2011, 01:15:29 PM »

I'm on the last chapter too (called Special Challenges on my version). Two more to go, and they are super-hard.

Actually *now* I'm on the bonus levels.

EDIT: Ah, I almost forgot the reason I posted in here. Has anyone tried Mighty Switch Force? It looks to play almost the same as Mighty Flip Champs, with only slight enemy interaction? Is this true? I was hoping for more of an action oriented platformer instead of another puzzle one...

Just finished Mighty Switch Force today. It's not really like Flip Champs. That was very puzzly, basically movement and flipping to the next screen. Switch Force is a mix of puzzle and action, scrolling levels, shooting, enemies, and the switching just moves individual blocks in and out of the screen (and later in the game there are different kinds of these blocks). It's really nicely paced. Some levels are linear action fests, and some are explorey, and some are puzzly and don't involve shooting at all.

Switch Force is pretty short lived; I completed all the levels in 2 hours compared to the 18 hours I've got out of Pullblox for the same price. There are time trials in Switch Force too, so that's a bit of longevity if that interests you. Not sure if there's anything unlocked by beating all the par times.

Really quality game though. The pixelart is gorgeous, music is fantastic (downloadable incidentally), and I love the cheesy voice samples - Justice Served!

Kramlack
« Reply #1289 on: December 26, 2011, 01:28:03 PM »

Yeah, are there any bosses though? It looked like just going around shooting the same few enemies and doing puzzles. Also the 2-hour campaign is what I was worried about, that's really too bad.
Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1290 on: December 26, 2011, 01:59:25 PM »

There's a final boss, but it's an easy one.

Signal Walker
Level 0

World Champion 1995

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1291 on: December 27, 2011, 10:22:29 AM »

I have played too much Mario kart 7; I was riding in a car and I looked up from the game and my first thought was "DRIFT THERE YOU CAN GET PAST THAT GUY AND GET A BOOST!"

Mastodon - @AshWalker
Rotonde - @Ash
DavidCaruso
YEEEAAAHHHHHH
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: December 28, 2011, 01:18:55 PM »

Just played through the first 8 worlds of Super Mario 3D Land in about 4 hours. It's a decent game, I'd personally put it above the Galaxies and slightly below NSMBW (multiplayer.)

It's great that they implemented the tighter structure of the old 2D games, but then it seems they just gave up in the end and made it a mandatory collectathon anyway, since you have to get 100 star coins to even access the final level (and other multiples of 10 to access earlier levels, one in each world, but those aren't mandatory.) It's not nearly as bad as star hunting, since you come across star coins fairly easily and they don't each have their own lame mission, but it's still pretty stupid and kind of defeats the entire point of having linear structure in the first place.

I know it's supposed to ramp up in the "postgame" (which isn't much of an excuse, since you need to play through the entire regular game to get to the postgame in the first place, but I'll go with it for now) but the difficulty seems ridiculous low so far. Practically everything you do in this game seems to give you an extra life. Hidden block? Extra life. Jump on the very top of the flagpole? Extra life. Low time on a level? More coins = extra life. Why even bother doing this if you're going to make the game autosave after every level? The game's difficulty curve seems a bit wack too, even disregarding the general easiness; it's more like a slowly ascending sawtooth than a line. It ramps up kind of within a world, then it resets to slightly higher than where it was before at the beginning of the next world. At least, in the first "half" of the game.

Where the game succeeds is in level and enemy variety. Every level manages to feel fresh and introduce something new that I hadn't seen before. I think the short length of the campaign works to its advantage here, since if it had been much longer all the cute novelty would have worn off (see: the Galaxies.) The last few levels in particular are pretty great, and I think this might have the best final boss of any Mario game (the other bosses aren't nearly as great; whytf does Nintendo feel the need to recycle the same boss patterns we've already defeated 200 times without adding any significant twists to make them, well, threatening? closest was the one airship where OMG TWO BOSSES but that was still pretty trivial.) I'll probably play through the Special World levels soon; I think they've introduced enough elements in the main campaign to make some really awesome level designs if they combine them well, so I hope they'll be able to deliver on that. Hopefully the Tanooki suit becomes less game-breaking too (as in, it makes half the platforming trivial.)

Aesthetically the game is pretty nice! I played with 3D off, though, because I can't seem to find the sweet spot for it. Just screws with my eyes no matter what I do. Music isn't bad either, especially the new tracks.

Steel Assault devlog - NES-style 2D action platformer: successfully Kickstarted!
rob
Level 8

all 'bout Zumba (absolute pro @ Zumba)

View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: December 28, 2011, 07:29:12 PM »

I got one of these thingies for Christmas and I think Nimptempo did a bang-up job!

Trevor Dunbar
Level 10

Working on unannouned fighting game.

View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: January 02, 2012, 07:43:57 PM »

anyone with SwapNote on the 3DS want to draw silly pictures to each other?

Toucantastic.
cynicalsandel
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: January 02, 2012, 07:46:16 PM »

Got my Zelda 3DS for Christmas. Have to take my glasses off if I want to see the 3D. So, I just play with the 3D off.

[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: January 02, 2012, 07:50:52 PM »

anyone with SwapNote on the 3DS want to draw silly pictures to each other?

5241 1973 5614

I don't think we have swapped FCs around here before.
Trevor Dunbar
Level 10

Working on unannouned fighting game.

View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: January 02, 2012, 07:54:44 PM »

my FC: 1418-6749-9188

Be prepared to bombarded with pictures of cartoon toucans and totally racist Chinese charactures.

Toucantastic.
Fifth
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: January 03, 2012, 05:26:53 PM »

Ooh, let me in on that!

4725-8279-7831
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: January 05, 2012, 06:10:11 AM »

According to analyst logic nintendo is doomed again ... The 3DS is outselling the wii first year ...

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 107
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic