Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 09:46:07 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesNintendo 3DS
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 107
Print
Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS  (Read 249297 times)
BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1320 on: February 22, 2012, 12:54:24 AM »

One thing I dislike is that the 3DS practically forces main gameplay to be on the top screen. Before on the DS it was more ok because the only difference between the screens was touch functionality. Now the top screen has 3D, so naturally that will be expected to be the main point of attention. There's no way people would go for a 3D minimap or some shiz.(that would be an interesting idea though--a game which uses the 3D screen as the auxiliary.) It also makes segmenting gameplay between screens much more difficult because you have to readjust your eyes to the 3D each time you look back. I feel like the 3DS is more limited in some capability than the DS. The 3D screen gimmick has damaged the potential of the dual screen and touch screen gimmicks. Good god, man.

[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: February 22, 2012, 09:48:14 AM »

I agree that one screen being the main focus this time makes it a less versatile system. I mean, technically they can do games focused on the bottom screen, but I doubt anyone will do it. On the other hand, there's a pinball game which lets you user your 3DS upside down, so the main action is in the "bottom" screen which is actually the 3D one.

MGS and buttons: I think they should have implemented gyro controls like in RE:Revelations. That way you can keep your face buttons and aim with gyro controls, which ended up being my favorite control method in RE. It's actually very precise, way more precise than aiming with the face buttons.

What do you think about Nintendo Direct? These are the games I really want:

Mario Tennis Open <<<< Online? I'm sold.
Fire Emblem Kakusei
Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland
Etrian Odyssey IV
Dynasty Warriors VS <<<< Full character customization.
Rune Factory 4
Paper Mario 3D
Luigi's Mansion 2
Denpa Ningen RPG
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: February 22, 2012, 03:47:39 PM »

Nintendo Direct, as in direct download first party games?

Good idea that should have started years ago!

It's a great idea for games that are too niche to warrant a full release, like maybe that Tingle game from a few years back.
BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1323 on: February 22, 2012, 04:17:30 PM »

Nintendo Direct is the video streaming service Nintendo made to broadcast their stuff. As far as I know it's only in Japanese though.

I watched it last night(well, this morning I guess) and Fire Emblem looked awesome.

Trevor Dunbar
Level 10

Working on unannouned fighting game.

View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: February 22, 2012, 08:28:25 PM »

What do you think about Nintendo Direct? These are the games I really want:
../list

Mario Tennis Open <<<< Tennis? Really? No thanks.
Fire Emblem Kakusei <<<<< Maybe. I'm starving for RPGs.
Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland <<<<<< 99% chance I'm going to buy it.
Etrian Odyssey IV <<<<<<< What is this?
Dynasty Warriors VS <<<< Only the 46th Dynasty Warriors game? I'm on board! - Not.
Rune Factory 4 <<< not interested.
Paper Mario 3D <<< Need to see more gameplay. Needs to be clever.
Luigi's Mansion 2 <<< Probably Buy.
Denpa Ningen RPG <<< Not sure what this is

I also want Seaman on 3Ds.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 08:33:36 PM by Trevor Dunbar » Logged

Toucantastic.
Ivsucram
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: February 23, 2012, 12:13:50 AM »

Nintendo Direct is the video streaming service Nintendo made to broadcast their stuff. As far as I know it's only in Japanese though.

I watched it last night(well, this morning I guess) and Fire Emblem looked awesome.

They had 2 versions. The Japanese broadcast first and them, 2 or 3 hours later, the USA broadcast.

I didn't watched, but I read some live blog about that. Nothing really call me attention.
Kramlack
« Reply #1326 on: February 23, 2012, 04:47:38 PM »

@Trevor Dunbar: Etrian Odyssey IV is an old school first-person, dungeon crawler RPG. The art is fantastic, but I haven't been able to pull myself to pick any of them up on DS because I'm not fond of the old RPG style.
saturdaymorning
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: February 23, 2012, 04:48:01 PM »

So I've been out of the handheld loop. Thinking about picking up a 3DS. Are there any cool co-op games? VS games? Preferably with support for 4 players.
Kramlack
« Reply #1328 on: February 23, 2012, 04:49:32 PM »

Zelda Four Swords is free and co-op (it's actually for DSi but you can grab it on 3DS). Aside from that, racing games? StarFox, Mario Kart 7?
[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: February 23, 2012, 05:21:36 PM »

So I've been out of the handheld loop. Thinking about picking up a 3DS. Are there any cool co-op games? VS games? Preferably with support for 4 players.

Mario Kart 7 (Wi-Fi and local, 8 players with one single game card)
Super Street Fighter IV (Wi-Fi and local, can be played with one game card but only Ryu is available)
Dead or Alive Dimensions (Wi-Fi and local)
Tekken 3D Prime Edition (Wi-Fi and local)
BlazBlue CS II (Local)
Pokémon Rumble Blast (Local, it's a very simplified Diablo or Gauntlet)
Sonic Generations (Wi-Fi, maybe local too? I'm not sure)
Resident Evil: Revelations (Wi-Fi "raid mode", not sure if local)
Resident EVil: The Mercenaries (I think it has local co-op)
Tetris Axis (Wi-Fi, local)

Upcoming:
Kid Icarus: Uprising (Local only, but the multiplayer mode looks interesting)
Mario Tennis Open (Wi-Fi, local)

Just have in mind I wouldn't recommend all of these game, I'm just posting the ones I recall having multiplayer. Mario Kart 7 is a must in that aspect, but apparently Sonic Generations for 3DS is not very good, for example.
BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1330 on: February 23, 2012, 06:04:18 PM »

Kid Icarus Uprising has both online and local multiplayer modes.  Smiley

Squid Party
Level 5

Oh hi mark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1331 on: February 24, 2012, 11:58:57 AM »

the 3DS has grown on me a great deal, due to playing super mario land and the release of vvvvvv

[img]http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r527/Daniel_Sharman/areyouonyourperiod.gif[img/]
BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1332 on: February 24, 2012, 05:44:10 PM »

Wow--So I watched the US version of Nintendo Direct just now. Wow. It feels really bad compared to the Japanese one.  Shocked Like, it's a whole world of difference. The Japanese one feels polished and well thought out and the American one feels rushed and.. somewhat.. incoherent? Plus in the Japanese one you get the actual devs/producers and Iwata hosting.

[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: February 24, 2012, 10:52:20 PM »

NOA is painfully bad, yes. Japan gets the absolute best version of Nintendo.
Trevor Dunbar
Level 10

Working on unannouned fighting game.

View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: February 25, 2012, 04:42:08 AM »

Played the snake eater demo.

The controls are really weird, and the worst is trying to control the camera with x/y/a/b.

I never feel like there are any consequences for getting caught in the beginning of these games. I got caught over and over again and just flailed around with the weird-ass controls until I knocked all the guards out with CQC/mk22. The AI on the guards is still stupid-as-all-hell and that is really funny, but also kinda boring.

Also- expect Pokemon Gray/Chrome annoucement coming tomorrow.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 04:56:56 AM by Trevor Dunbar » Logged

Toucantastic.
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: February 25, 2012, 05:19:40 AM »

swapnote will always be the best game for the 3ds

-Rob-D.
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: February 25, 2012, 04:41:53 PM »

Speaking of SwapNote does anyone here use it much or have the Zelda stationary they could send me?
[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: February 29, 2012, 02:52:13 PM »

Hey guys, no Binding of Isaac for 3DS:
http://kotaku.com/5889193/indie-game-blocked-by-nintendo-over-questionable-religious-content

Because of "questionable religious content". I saw this coming, there's no way this was going to make it to 3DS.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: February 29, 2012, 04:32:06 PM »

So the fact you must kill your mother matters less than vague religious allegories and a few biblical characters. Right then.

On the other hand, I can't fault Nintendo for wanting to maintain their impressions of being a family friendly console. The Binding of Isaac does really push the limits of good taste.

It's just incompatible goals, I suppose.
[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: February 29, 2012, 05:24:29 PM »

^ Yeah. It's particularly true with NoA, which is okay with the Wii being a WiiSports machine.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 107
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic