Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411517 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 10:44:31 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesNintendo 3DS
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 107
Print
Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS  (Read 249384 times)
[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: January 20, 2013, 03:30:04 PM »

I still need to play it... maybe in the following months.

I'm currenyl obsessed with the Fire Emblem demo, I still can't beat it in Lunatic and I'm a FE veteran. Going to play this so much once it gets released Coffee
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: January 20, 2013, 03:43:16 PM »

Anyone else played Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask? I didn't like how the Masked Gentlemen's identity was so obvious from the start, but gameplay-wise, things were made more convenient (like searching for puzzles, coins or collectibles) and the 7/8 floor dungeon was fun as hell

I'm playing it right now. It's my first Layton game so I don't know what the rest of the series is like. It's an incredibly cozy game but I wish the writing could be a bit more aimed to an older audience. Not because the game needs to be different in tone but because as you say that the villain is so obvious. Some puzzles are surprisingly difficult and the quality of the puzzles ranges from "kind of illogical" to "fair and entertaining." If it weren't for hints how would kids beat some of these without consulting the internet? I like it so far and the 3D looks nice.

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: January 20, 2013, 04:05:33 PM »

Do the puzzles use the 3D, or is the 3D completely optional?
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: January 20, 2013, 04:11:57 PM »

It might help when navigating in some puzzles and in the world overall. Pretty much optional.

vinheim3
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: January 25, 2013, 12:36:27 AM »

I'm playing it right now. It's my first Layton game so I don't know what the rest of the series is like. It's an incredibly cozy game but I wish the writing could be a bit more aimed to an older audience. Not because the game needs to be different in tone but because as you say that the villain is so obvious. Some puzzles are surprisingly difficult and the quality of the puzzles ranges from "kind of illogical" to "fair and entertaining." If it weren't for hints how would kids beat some of these without consulting the internet? I like it so far and the 3D looks nice.

Compared to the previous Layton games, the puzzle in this one were very straightforward, especially with pen and paper. The challenging ones were pretty much all in the dungeon, like the sliding tiles in water, and the final door.

The best puzzles were post-game, the downloadable ones, and the 2 mini-games that weren't the rabbit show. Enjoying the boat one the most, which is also known as Yajilin. The deflecting ghost one is also a nice brainteaser

Not needed anywhere. Makes it look good, but that's it
Sharkoss
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: January 25, 2013, 08:57:02 AM »

I am looking forward to Waifu Emblem.  There are a couple of other games I'm keeping an eye on.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: January 31, 2013, 05:15:35 AM »

so fart emblem has been getting pretty good reviews. not coming out in europe before april tho. anyone here played it?
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1647 on: February 01, 2013, 10:52:15 AM »

Is it more like GBA ones or more like those crappy DS ones?

QuickFixInc
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1648 on: February 02, 2013, 02:33:01 PM »

If you guys love DS fighting games I'd highly suggest getting the Dragonball Ultimate Butoden. It was definitely the best DBZ experience I've had on a portable in a long time.
feminazi
« Reply #1649 on: February 02, 2013, 05:02:23 PM »

that look like da only good 3ds gam

-Rob-D.
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1650 on: February 03, 2013, 04:57:08 PM »

so fart emblem has been getting pretty good reviews. not coming out in europe before april tho. anyone here played it?

Planning to pick it up tomorrow, but stores are having shipping delays. I've played the demo, though. Definitely seems to be one of the best entries in the series.
Adam H
Level 0

Music Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1651 on: February 04, 2013, 09:12:40 AM »

Picked up a red 3DSXL in Decemeber, along with Final Fantasy Theatrhythm, which I'm enjoying immensely. It's a bit on the easy side though! I'm taking it very slowly, completing a 'series' in the main mode every few days. I can imagine how easy it'd be to steamroll through the whole thing in an afternoon, which I'd rather not do. Anyway, I'm throughouly enjoying the nostalgic feels that this game is throwing upon me.

I've always been fond of rhythm games, my favourite being Amplitude on the PS2. Many many hours were put into that! I tried the demo for Rhythm Thief, and it seems quite entertaining. It's definitely on my to-buy list. Are there any other rhythm games for the DS/3DS I should look out for? I have Elite Beat Agents, which admittedly I haven't played yet.

Adam Haynes ~ Music composer, orchestrator, arranger
adamhaynes.co.uk | Soundcloud | Youtube | adzin.co.uk | @duckthatbites
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1652 on: February 04, 2013, 10:19:34 AM »

If you love rhythm games, you should definitely beat Elite Beat Agents, as well as the Japanese version, Ouendan, and its sequel Ouendan 2. They are all incredibly good. Ouendan doesn't let you skip the song intros like the others, so I recommend playing it later when you're better at the game.

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: February 04, 2013, 05:05:19 PM »

Since playing it, I prefer Rhythm Heaven (DS and Wii, which are different games) for Rhythm games. Rather than an arbitrary sequence of keys or commands that can only be learned by playing the game over and over, Rhythm Heaven emphasizes simple cues and makes each level about mastering a handful of cues or tricks.

Then, once you've mastered simple levels, you're given a remix level that combines all the cues to make a different song. It's fun that you can move really quickly from the memorization stage to mastering stages, but as a consequence the levels go pretty quickly, especially if you don't bother trying to get perfect scores and settle for just "Superb" ranks.

I liked Elite Beat Agents, though. I felt like it was above average compared to most rhythm games, because it required a lot less memorization - you got enough advance warning that you could play on through and do okay on your first try.
Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: February 04, 2013, 05:13:35 PM »

Fire Emblem was delayed... probably just going to purchase it on the eShop. Something feels wrong about not having a hard copy, but... oh well.

Adam H
Level 0

Music Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1655 on: February 06, 2013, 08:12:47 AM »

If you love rhythm games, you should definitely beat Elite Beat Agents, as well as the Japanese version, Ouendan, and its sequel Ouendan 2.

Ah yes, I've heard good things about the Ouendan games. It's probably best to venture over to eBay for these. Thanks!

Since playing it, I prefer Rhythm Heaven (DS and Wii, which are different games) for Rhythm games.

This sounds very interesting, thanks for the recommendation! I'll keep my eye out for it.

I think what I enjoy most about rhythm games is the pick-up-and-play mentality you can have with them. I no longer have time to invest in 100-hour RPGs or all-night deathmatches, and so these types of games can be used as quick gaming sessions in-between bouts of work. Although saying that, I am rather excited about the new Pokémon games this year!

Adam Haynes ~ Music composer, orchestrator, arranger
adamhaynes.co.uk | Soundcloud | Youtube | adzin.co.uk | @duckthatbites
mewn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: February 09, 2013, 07:49:06 AM »

getting pumped for Fire Emblem I did order it last week as it's not released yet in Europe. And then this morning realized that it's not like with the Vita and there is a region lock :-(

Either I wait until April for the European release and try to sell this one off ebay. Or I order a US 3DS...
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: February 09, 2013, 12:57:39 PM »

the game has been delayed in the US anyway from what i heard. maybe you can still cancel your order?

if not, just wait for the euro release and sell the US game on ebay.

p.s. fuck region lock.
Sharkoss
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: February 09, 2013, 01:21:01 PM »

The game is pretty hard to find, you could probably make a tidy profit off an ebay sale if you do it quick before a restock.
Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: February 09, 2013, 07:54:12 PM »

Ah, Fire Emblem's pretty great. It still seems to have a lot of the problems/weird design choices as any of the old games (I hate you, chance-based leveling, I hate you so much) but it's still a blast to play and the higher difficulty levels really require strategy. The good ol' fire emblem AI just knows that you're going to restart the mission if even one of your units die, and thus gangs up on the weakest and least defended unit. Gotta love it.

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 107
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic