Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411414 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 10:45:49 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesNicalis
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16
Print
Author Topic: Nicalis  (Read 49722 times)
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2010, 04:02:26 AM »

If you'd met Tyrone like I have you'd know he isn't a "greedy asshole". Stop whining or worrying or whatever and untwist your knickers.

Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2010, 04:42:14 AM »

If they said the wii version would come first and then they'd release the pc version I'd bet a lot of people wouldn't mind waiting for a few months just to avoid paying for it. Saying it's a wii exclusive actually force people to buy it because as far as I know you can't pirate wiiware games.

sure you can, just search dunno, megaman 9 wii torrent on google

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
googoogjoob
Level 3

The Walrus is me.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2010, 04:42:47 AM »

If you'd met Tyrone like I have you'd know he isn't a "greedy asshole". Stop whining or worrying or whatever and untwist your knickers.

Because personal conduct is a sure indicator of professional ethics.
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2010, 04:45:26 AM »

Because personal conduct is a sure indicator of professional ethics.

yeah serial killers are quite polite people too if you meet them once in a while  Cool

drChengele
Level 2

if (status = UNDER_ATTACK) launch_nukes();

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2010, 04:47:24 AM »

As far as I know, nobody launched an explicit ad hominem attack at Tyrone, we are just discussing how Nicalis handles its acquired franchises and the possible repercussions for the indie industry.
yeah serial killers are quite polite people too if you meet them once in a while  Cool
They actually quite often are (which may or may not have been your point). Some of them were positively charismatic.

Praetor
Currently working on : tactical battles.
Movius
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2010, 04:48:25 AM »

I wish I was a rich corporate CEO like Tyrone Sad
PaleFox
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2010, 04:51:06 AM »

In much the same way that it is easy to run Homebrew on the Wii, it is in fact rather easy to pirate WiiWare games, and has been for quite some time. You need a SD card and some tools and that is about it. Nintendo tries to stop it of course, but they do appear to be rather bad at it.
Alex May
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2010, 04:57:36 AM »

I wish I was a rich corporate CEO like Tyrone Sad

I'm going full time 'indie' soon and hope to milk every franchise I can lay my stinky little hands on. Fuck the customers. YES I SAID FUCK

Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2010, 05:03:32 AM »

It still confuses me how some people can have a problem with this. Only one of the games has been released this far, so I find it a bit hard to say that they would be 'buggy' or otherwise bad. Also Nifflas has stated that he doesn't mind what has been done with Night Game, so I don't think even the most hot-headed fans can argue with that - even if he didn't like the situation, he did understand that he wouldn't have power over the game afterwards and accepted it. Apart from the slow production and lack of reply from Tyrone, I can hardly find anything to criticize with Nicalis. To me it has looked like the wiiware-exclusiveness was a hard hit to some Nifflas fans, thus making them unable to admit the situation as it is.

googoogjoob
Level 3

The Walrus is me.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2010, 05:08:40 AM »

Also Nifflas has stated that he doesn't mind what has been done with Night Game, so I don't think even the most hot-headed fans can argue with that - even if he didn't like the situation, he did understand that he wouldn't have power over the game afterwards and accepted it.

Nifflas has stated that he is upset that there is not going to be a PC version of Night Game, and apologized to his fans for this. He also said that the decision was made against his wishes.
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2010, 05:27:30 AM »

Also Nifflas has stated that he doesn't mind what has been done with Night Game, so I don't think even the most hot-headed fans can argue with that - even if he didn't like the situation, he did understand that he wouldn't have power over the game afterwards and accepted it.

Nifflas has stated that he is upset that there is not going to be a PC version of Night Game, and apologized to his fans for this. He also said that the decision was made against his wishes.

But that doesn't really contradict with what I said. Even though Nifflas wasn't happy with the decision, he was aware that such things could happen when he gave the rights of Night Game to the company. In the end he also said that even though the decision was made against his wishes, he thought it was anyway a good opportunity for him, despite the downsides.

googoogjoob
Level 3

The Walrus is me.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2010, 05:28:30 AM »

But that doesn't really contradict with what I said. Even though Nifflas wasn't happy with the decision, he was aware that such things could happen when he gave the rights of Night Game to the company. In the end he also said that even though the decision was made against his wishes, he thought it was anyway a good opportunity for him, despite the downsides.

It still means Nicalis acted against Nifflas's wishes regarding his game.
bento_smile
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2010, 05:30:07 AM »

It still means Nicalis acted against Nifflas's wishes regarding his game.

This is why people should read their contracts. Read your contracts people! ARGH! If you don't understand it, hire a lawyer.

Edit: Not siding with anyone.
Alex May
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2010, 05:31:18 AM »

He also said

While I hoped for a PC release as it was part of the initial plans, I don't regret that I took the chance to get a game out on the Wii, it's an important step for me towards getting to live off what I like to do.

boo hoo poooor nifflas

Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2010, 05:46:39 AM »

They actually quite often are (which may or may not have been your point). Some of them were positively charismatic.

that was my point

Movius
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2010, 05:52:43 AM »

We have to stop this madman Tyrone before he kills again.
bento_smile
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2010, 05:53:32 AM »

We have to stop this madman Tyrone before he kills again.

Quick! Make a petition and a facebook group. Those things work every time!

(Seriously. What.)
Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2010, 05:54:21 AM »

Googoogjoob, do you think that every creator should be allowed to violate their contract? Agreements are made for a reason, to benefit both parties. It's more peculiar that Nifflas spoke out and effectively encouraged his fans to be angry towards Nicalis/his publisher.

It's the equivalent of Jon Blow saying "boo hoo, Microsoft won't let me release the PC version of Braid for a whole year!"  
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 06:04:46 AM by Hayden Scott-Baron » Logged

twitter: @docky
Rudolf Kremers
Level 1

Grow!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2010, 05:55:29 AM »

Tyrone is a really nice guy imo. Without prompting he has been very generous to me with advice and support on numerous occasions to do with surviving as an indie, and none of his help included suggestions that were unethical, greedy, mean or disrespectful to players/customers or other devs.

Top bloke in my book.

Alex May
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2010, 05:57:33 AM »

But but but where are my free games??

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic