Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411486 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 10:23:19 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsMini Jam for Ludum Dare 17 in Cambridge, April 23rd-25th
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Mini Jam for Ludum Dare 17 in Cambridge, April 23rd-25th  (Read 17339 times)
Draknek
Level 6

"Alan Hazelden" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2010, 02:21:17 PM »

It's 3am Saturday morning to 3am Monday morning: there's a countdown on the sidebar of the LD blog if you want to check.

I looked into hostels but without a group discount and a YHA membership it looks like about £60 for three nights. Not totally unreasonable, but I need to save up for all the other events that are coming up! I don't suppose I could crash on someone's couch? I met some of you at TIGJam UK2 so you know I'm not a crazed axe-murderer...

Nora Shishi
Level 0

Independent game developer from Japan.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2010, 02:36:38 PM »

I won't be there this weekend, but I'd just like to say that I enjoyed hyper ceremony : )

Awww, Thank you for playing! Tears of Joy

A crazy game generator made in japan.
http://twitter.com/noragames
bento_smile
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2010, 02:38:49 PM »

Every day is Friday to Terry! :D
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2010, 01:01:33 AM »

Hope see you soon!

Oh, excellent! See you there Smiley

Synnah
Level 7

La la la la - oh, what fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2010, 02:52:03 AM »

Okay, since I never made it to the last Cambridge jam, like a twat, I'm going to put my name down for this. You guys will have use for a musician/ideas-guy, right?

"What's that thing at the end of the large intestine? Because that's exactly what you've done here." - Ray Smuckles, Achewood.

My music. Will compose for free!
bento_smile
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2010, 03:17:10 AM »

You might want to check the LD rules first. http://www.ludumdare.com/wiki/ld17:rules (And the historic rules as well.) Ludum Dare is a solo competition Smiley so collabs are against the rules. You can still make a game on your own though! (Even if you've not done it before... Get in there with something like Construct.)
Synnah
Level 7

La la la la - oh, what fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2010, 06:02:32 AM »

Oh man, whoops! I could technically throw something together with Game Maker/Construct, I guess. But, as it happens, I think I'm most likely going to be working this weekend anyway. Always the way!

"What's that thing at the end of the large intestine? Because that's exactly what you've done here." - Ray Smuckles, Achewood.

My music. Will compose for free!
bluescrn
Level 1

Unemployed Coder / Full-time Indie :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2010, 10:19:26 AM »

Kind of tempted by this... But I don't think I'd get much coding done in a location that sells beer! Smiley

(Although I'd have to drive, as Leamington->Cambridge by train is a silly 4hr affair, multiple changes, in and out of London...  So it'd probably be no beer, and expensive parking?)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 11:09:10 AM by bluescrn » Logged

Hinchy
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2010, 12:28:01 PM »

Slightly related because there's no LD 17 topic: I'm extremely disappointed that the theme
"Escape" got so many votes. Do people not realize how many people are going to submit boring "Escape the Room!!!!" games?  Lips Sealed
Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2010, 01:20:30 PM »

I'm sure that interesting games will happen no matter what the theme! Have some faith!!

LD should be pretty interesting! I'll try to make sure I choose something modest, as it'll be harder to work as quickly in a public location, but more fun!

twitter: @docky
eugeneius
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2010, 09:36:30 AM »

ugh... I got my passport yesterday, just in time, but Ryanair emailed me this morning to say my flight is cancelled. I can rebook it for free but the earliest available is 10pm on Saturday, so I'm giving up Sad

I'll give Ludum Dare a go anyway, although I don't know how well that'll work: the main reason I was going over to Cambridge was to get away from various distractions. Roll on TIGJamUK3!

Flash Dump <- ActionScript noobery
bento_smile
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2010, 01:26:04 PM »

Curse those volcanoes! Never mind Sad
Perrin
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2010, 08:17:12 AM »

What time are people arriving at CB2 tommorow?

Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2010, 08:41:43 AM »

What time are people arriving at CB2 tommorow?
Tomorrow? I wasn't planning to go to CB2 until Saturday morning. The theme doesn't appear until saturday morning.

twitter: @docky
Nora Shishi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2010, 03:38:46 PM »

I'd like to use my custom libraries in AS2 this time. I mean it's not deserved to be called like custom libraries but a kind of junk base codes of my previous works which I have the legal rights of them. could this post be the declaration for the competition?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 05:09:22 PM by Nora Shishi » Logged

Triplefox
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2010, 08:41:56 PM »

I'd like to use my custom libraries in AS2 this time. I mean it's not deserved to be called like custom libraries but a kind of junk base codes of my previous works which I have the legal rights of them. could this post be the declaration for the competition?

Last I checked, nobody pays a great deal of attention to what you do in LD, as long as it isn't blatantly disqualifying. It's a personal test more than it is a "competition." See the "Prizes" section.

I'm going to participate in this one(from home, not Cambridge, sadly). I've got some tech that I didn't quite finish and I'm cutting like crazy to get it all in order.

Nora Shishi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2010, 09:46:51 PM »

Last I checked, nobody pays a great deal of attention to what you do in LD, as long as it isn't blatantly disqualifying. It's a personal test more than it is a "competition." See the "Prizes" section.

I see! now I understand the stance of this competition. Thank you so much!

By the way I still don't get what time in which day I should be in Cambridge. Are they perhaps going to develop each works at the same place in Cambridge maybe at CB2?

All the bests anyway!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 09:51:47 PM by Nora Shishi » Logged

bento_smile
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2010, 03:08:50 AM »

Saturday! Smiley Early! (Or whenever you like, but early is always best for LD)
Nora Shishi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2010, 04:51:51 AM »

Saturday! Smiley Early! (Or whenever you like, but early is always best for LD)

Seriously? I saw the CB2's web site. It doesn't seem like a place you can sleep over. So are
you guys going to develop the game at some hostel near CB2?

I'm living in London. So I prefer developing at home. And I would like to visit you guys if I could know the precise time to meet up.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 05:02:56 AM by Nora Shishi » Logged

bento_smile
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2010, 05:07:15 AM »

Seriously? I saw the CB2's web site. It doesn't seem like a place you can sleep over. So are
you guys going to develop the game at some hostel near CB2?

I'm living in London. So I prefer developing at home. And I would like to visit you guys if I could know the precise time to meet up.

Well, personally I am gonna make effort to get there before 10am :D (provided I can kick lazy boys out of the door)

Uhm, if you need somewhere to sleep I'm sure something can be sorted out. Smiley I don't know if anyone has hostel plans, as lots of us are in Cambs already. But because lots of us are already here, am sure there's space on sofas or spare beds somewhere if required :D

Edit: (Sorry, Terry, that I am posting on this lots... I figure I have better internet access than you do atm, so if I can answer a question... Hope that is ok! Sad )
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic