Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 06:01:45 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsVoltorometer 2
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Voltorometer 2  (Read 4904 times)
JoeInky
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2010, 03:48:05 PM »

http://www.inkidia.net/db/db.games/files/Voltorometer%202.rar

Created a 4 level 'demo', I'd like some feedback on how it plays, the lava levels are missing music because my musician signed out before he gave me the music  Sad
JoeInky
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2011, 08:30:40 AM »

Ok, I decided to get off my arse recently and actually start working on this again, I lost a lot of motivation for it when my computer broke around christmas, but at the same time it was a good thing, as I played DKCR for most of my time without a computer, and the factory world especially show me how boring and bland my levels used to look, so I decided to start from scrath again.

These are some mockups I made a few weeks after I'd got my computer working again, as you can see I'm trying to make it so that there are more platforms that aren't just big, black, squares.

I also redesigned the map screen, now instead of being able to select a world and then you're greeted with a splash screen before the level starts, I decided to just make an animation of volt walking into the factory with an autosave as the splash screen, so there's no more map screen and each world continues from the last.

I then redid the title screen, there isn't really much different except from the ability to start the game from the beginning or continue, and the difficulty option in the options menu.

And this is basically where I'm at now, working on the ice world.
I decided to just choose a world that I liked and work on that first, instead of starting from the beginning like I normally would, I've done 2 / 6 levels for it so far and, hopefully, the rest should be finished by the end of the week.

I also wanted to ask if anyone would want to be a level tester, because I always make the game harder than it should be as I know all the exact spots where you're supposed to jump and stuff, so I need about some volunteers of varying skill to play each level on easy and hard mode, I'll make it output a text file of statistics and you can just send me that, so I can see what kind of scores people are finishing the level with, how many deaths they had, how quick they completed the level etc.
MaloEspada
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2011, 08:40:12 AM »

looking great, joe.
i know how you feel about the difficulty thing. i would surely help you test it!
swordpond
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2011, 10:00:47 AM »

Looks fantastic. I played VR, and it was great. I love the fact that the game gets a simple plot, that's what drives me through a game at least, along with the stylish graphics you've got going    Hand Thumbs Up LeftSmiley

Adam F.
Level 1

hold your head up high

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2011, 12:14:21 PM »

Looking excellent, man! Much better than before.

I love the atmosphere of that snowy world, keep it up!

Halcyon
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2011, 10:50:57 PM »

Oh wow, I will admit that I haven't been reading much of the thread,.. I have been to busy being mesmerised by the pictures.  Addicted

Gonna go play the demo now.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic