Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 10:09:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallCeramic Shooter: Electronic Poem
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Ceramic Shooter: Electronic Poem  (Read 12991 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2010, 10:05:23 AM »

This is probably the most interesting way I've seen a story presented in a shmup. Very original graphics too. Also, the level design is kinda mean, with those long sections where you don't really have to press any buttons immediately followed by crazy twitch mazes.

Looking forward to Ceramic Shooter 3: Gesang Der Jünglinge  Wink
ThetaGames
Level 5

Informatikmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2010, 06:17:08 PM »

Thanks!

Quote from: C.A. Sinclair
Also, the level design is kinda mean, with those long sections where you don't really have to press any buttons immediately followed by crazy twitch mazes.
Well, the level design follows directly from the music - when the music lulls a bit, the player gets a bit of a break.

Quote from: C.A. Sinclair
Looking forward to Ceramic Shooter 3: Gesang Der Jünglinge
That would make a rather creepy game!  Smiley

Eraser
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2010, 08:24:11 PM »

Lovely game. Only nitpick is that I didn't realize that destroying things at the end was still "painting" them, and so on my first try I wasn't refilling my lifebar enough by just leaving as much as possible recolored but alive. Felt like Kavita was an anti-authority prankster type who didn't want you to destroy anything, though this could be a misread.

And to those of you who think that ortoslon's video is a suitable replacement for actually playing it, shame on you! Play it! Right now!  Grin
+1 to all of that.

Also somehow I missed the key gameplay element of NOT trying to destroy things in the video. I thought he just wanted to get through the game fast  Shrug
ThetaGames
Level 5

Informatikmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2010, 06:43:30 PM »

+1 to all of that.

Also somehow I missed the key gameplay element of NOT trying to destroy things in the video. I thought he just wanted to get through the game fast
Haha - that is a bit of an important element.

BoneDaddy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2010, 06:04:49 PM »

What Ke$ha song's at the main title screen? Is it Tic Toc?
ThetaGames
Level 5

Informatikmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2010, 07:06:37 PM »

What Ke$ha song's at the main title screen? Is it Tic Toc?
Yes, it is - arranging that was one of my favorite parts of making the game (among other things, of course).

ThetaGames
Level 5

Informatikmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2014, 06:11:15 PM »

Please excuse me for my necro-post, but I was just curious - what do people think of this game now?  Looking back, I think it is one of the better of the games that I made in the past.  Perhaps others, who did not play the game in the past, could provide feedback too.  Cheers!

- Theta

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2014, 06:22:34 PM »

i have not replayed the game since i posted in this thread, but i still occasionally watch the youtube video of the game's playthrough that ortoslon made, just for the music

ortoslon
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2014, 11:11:36 PM »

It's your best game.

I haven't replayed it after re-recording the playthrough either (because it's too easy) but I still think highly of it and recommend it in personal conversations whenever it's fitting (8.5 times so far). I haven't seen anything like it in those years, which is a pity: I'd like to play more anti-shmups, non-intrusively text-heavy action games and games that are synced to music non-trivially. Oh wait, there were lots of the latter (music video games) but I hate almost all music so never mind.

TIGForums, if Ceramic Shooter: Electronic Poem won't be "'"cloned"'" in four more years, I shall pronounce it inimitable.

ஒழுக்கின்மை, just take the .oggs from the game folder, that's what I did.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 11:18:17 PM by ortoslon » Logged
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2014, 02:27:34 PM »

still waiting for this btw

im going to make a fangame called "ceramic shooter gaiden: etude aux chemins de fer" just to prove ortolson wrong
ThetaGames
Level 5

Informatikmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2014, 07:24:13 PM »

i have not replayed the game since i posted in this thread, but i still occasionally watch the youtube video of the game's playthrough that ortoslon made, just for the music
I'm glad you like the music - I feel as it is some of my best.  I actually recorded it in one session - went to my college practice room and improvised based on some over-arching structure that I had.

It's your best game.

I haven't replayed it after re-recording the playthrough either (because it's too easy) but I still think highly of it and recommend it in personal conversations whenever it's fitting (8.5 times so far). I haven't seen anything like it in those years, which is a pity: I'd like to play more anti-shmups, non-intrusively text-heavy action games and games that are synced to music non-trivially. Oh wait, there were lots of the latter (music video games) but I hate almost all music so never mind.

TIGForums, if Ceramic Shooter: Electronic Poem won't be "'"cloned"'" in four more years, I shall pronounce it inimitable.

ஒழுக்கின்மை, just take the .oggs from the game folder, that's what I did.
I'm glad you liked it - and thanks for both the recommendations and playthroughs!

still waiting for this btw

im going to make a fangame called "ceramic shooter gaiden: etude aux chemins de fer" just to prove ortolson wrong
make it

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic