Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 12:59:37 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingAcid Ninja - Level 1 Demo
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Acid Ninja - Level 1 Demo  (Read 2449 times)
MekanikDestructiwKommando
Level 3

Let's ROCK!

View Profile
« on: February 27, 2008, 03:04:43 AM »

Video Walkthrough:

Removed the Story from this post! Game only!

What does this mean? You have a sword! You can walljump! Cops will disintegrate you with disintegration tazers (an upgrade from current technology), and throw grenades if they spot you from a distance!
Greyfaced "People of Society" watch out of windows, anxious to call the cops if they spot anyone who looks suspicious. If one of these see you, they will dial 911 and cops will home into your location!

So right now they automatically "Call 911".. gonna put in some telephone sounds later.

Objective: Story objective is make it to the upper-right corner of the map. But try killing all the Cops.
Controls: Left/Right arrow keys: gain momentum in that direction and start running. Press down to drop down a level if you are high enough (eg. on a building roof).
Shift: Jump. hold it down to get the most height -- this is necessary to make it past the first greyface, for example.
Up Arrow key: Grab a wall! Hold towards (left or right) to stall your descent slightly.
Control: Slice your sword!

Flashback: Press space to have a flashback and forget that you died! (If you're dead.)

Learn the cop's patrol patterns to time your attacks. Attack from behind! Every cop is killable in one go without them being alerted. If you are wall-grabbing and a cop stops at a roof above you they can see you.

You have air control! Press left or right in the air to influence your flight.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/s9a67p

I'll recover my 64 digits account tomorrow and put it on there.. Enjoy!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 06:08:07 PM by MekanikDestructiwKommando » Logged

There have always been interactive experiences that go beyond entertainment.  For example, if mafia games are too fun for you, then you can always join the mafia.
skrew
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 05:16:47 AM »

I find your premise a bit confusing; how many black clad, sword wielding, resistance leading, acid heads do you know?

All the ones i know wear trippy t-shirts, sleep most of the day, and are completely apathetic.
deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 06:25:22 AM »

I find your premise a bit confusing; how many black clad, sword wielding, resistance leading, acid heads do you know?

Go ask Alice.

tweet tweet @j_younger
Level 3

Let's ROCK!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 04:13:26 PM »

The story was made up after the gameplay, as an explanation for what was going on. Just skip it  :D

There have always been interactive experiences that go beyond entertainment.  For example, if mafia games are too fun for you, then you can always join the mafia.
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 05:40:53 PM »

I had a tough time getting anywhere with this game, I had tried 10 times, I tried to sneak and kill the first cop,but he seemed to have a sixth sense or impossible speed and kept catching me everytime I tried to stick him. I tried to climb up the building to escape the first guy, but I slid down right quick and was tazered. I eventually gave up, because the game is unfairly difficult and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Level 3

Let's ROCK!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 06:05:34 PM »

I'm amazed no one critiqued the crappy artwork.. I'm so indie..

Thanks for the feedback Quiggan  Smiley
I should probably include an explanation of cop vision ranges (drawing a box showing their range), that could be helpful.

Video walkthrough:

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic