Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 04:23:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsTIGJam 3: Dates!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Print
Author Topic: TIGJam 3: Dates!  (Read 38710 times)
Destral
Level 10

Climbing that mountain...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2010, 06:22:55 PM »

So do we have finalised dates yet?

Currently working on: Sword Surfer
progrium
Level 2

Swords will fucking cut you wide open!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2010, 06:57:42 PM »

See update in first post...

more details on tigjam.com coming soon!

Jeff Lindsay
progrium.com
Rob Lach
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2010, 10:10:49 AM »

I'm probably doing a TigRoadTrip from chicago to SF

aeiowu
Level 10

Greg Wohlwend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2010, 01:28:08 PM »

I'm probably doing a TigRoadTrip from chicago to SF

damn, really?! tempting...

progrium
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2010, 11:31:38 AM »

tigjam.com

Jeff Lindsay
progrium.com
X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2010, 08:23:07 AM »

Shit, I may actually be able to make this! Need to check on vacation time with the new job..

destiny is truth pre-op
mrfredman
Level 4

off on an adventure

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2010, 10:50:18 AM »

What an intriguing opportunity, I may very well drop in.

How many tickets are available? I'm not quite 100% able to confirm my availability yet, but I don't want them all to disappear before I have a chance to purchase one.

EDIT: Nevermind, I signed up anyways (although I'm still curious about what the maximum occupancy is)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 11:04:48 AM by mrfredman » Logged
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2010, 11:46:26 AM »

I might actually try and go to this thang. Shocked

I, too, am curious as to how many spaces are available though.

Fifth
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2010, 12:37:48 PM »

Oh, wow.  This is the closest that one o' these has ever been to me.

I'm sure I could get the time off of work, but what exactly goes on at these things?  And is it worth going, particularly for the really shy-type?
Richard Kain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2010, 01:32:29 PM »

It would be a bit of a drive, but I'm seriously considering attending. It would mean giving up a day or two of paid work, but I might be able to offset it with overtime. I'll check the website for the rules and keep an eye on this. Could be a really fun way to spend Halloween.
___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2010, 04:59:12 PM »

Oh, wow.  This is the closest that one o' these has ever been to me.

I'm sure I could get the time off of work, but what exactly goes on at these things?  And is it worth going, particularly for the really shy-type?

Fifth, don't be shy, we can hang out and talk about how MMF has permanently scarred us for life, and how I'm pretty sure I based the bonesaw platforming engine off of one of your example engines.

Basically everyone hangs out and makes stuff and gets feedback on what they're doing.  It's one of the best times I can think of for someone who likes to make games.
Problem Machine
Level 8

It's Not a Disaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2010, 07:24:06 PM »

Last year I thought I'd know what to do once I got there, but I completely didn't. I played Left 4 Dead because I didn't know what else to do, and then I wrote music because I didn't know what else to do, and then it was over. I liked the people I met and I liked the talks people gave but it ended up being weird because I didn't have any real direction, just like in the rest of my life  Big Laff

So, I'm a little hesitant to go. I probably will, but I'm worried about being the guy who doesn't know what he's doing in a room full of men with a purpose again.  Concerned

progrium
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2010, 09:47:36 PM »

So uhh... most people make games when they get there.

Jeff Lindsay
progrium.com
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2010, 01:23:55 AM »

Even if you're not going to make an entire game, you could still mess around with something weird, funky or fun...

Problem Machine
Level 8

It's Not a Disaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2010, 03:37:16 AM »

It's easy thinking of weird funky fun things when you're driving or in the shower or something, but harder when you're on the spot. It's like when someone says "say something funny!"; even if you're usually hilarious, it's hard Wink

Anyway, apparently I'm the only one who's had this problem. And hey, even if I just end up writing music and being a socially awkward presence there's probably worse things.  Gentleman

X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2010, 07:29:47 AM »

If you're shy you can just put headphones on and zone in, write some code, inspired that dozens of others are doing the same.

destiny is truth pre-op
RandyO
Level 0

I should laugh out loud more.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2010, 08:42:53 AM »

this just sounds awesome and I happen to live 50 miles north in Berkeley, so yes.  I am coming to this, and going to be an awkward guy who doesn't know anyone!  do people do a lot of teaming up on projects?  or is it mostly one-person work?  or, better stated, do people that don't know each other team up?

just curious.

X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2010, 10:40:49 AM »

this just sounds awesome and I happen to live 50 miles north in Berkeley, so yes.  I am coming to this, and going to be an awkward guy who doesn't know anyone!  do people do a lot of teaming up on projects?  or is it mostly one-person work?  or, better stated, do people that don't know each other team up?

just curious.

You can fix that by introducing yourself / getting to know people. Or post on forums about a project you want to work on and see if anyone's interested!

destiny is truth pre-op
Zaphos
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2010, 12:22:58 PM »

I'm in Berkeley too, so, I should go Smiley

Are the Berkeley/Oakland people planning on just taking bart+caltrain up to mountainview every day?  If so, maybe we could travel in packs and jam on the train ...

It's easy thinking of weird funky fun things when you're driving or in the shower or something, but harder when you're on the spot. It's like when someone says "say something funny!"; even if you're usually hilarious, it's hard Wink
You could probably team up with someone ... I'm sure some a bunch of people will want music for their games.
RandyO
Level 0

I should laugh out loud more.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2010, 03:30:21 PM »

hi, I'm randy o!  I don't know people round here, or many places online, as a matter of fact.

I actually don't mind not being part of a team. if lotsa people do individual things, then I have an idea I'd like to try and develop on my own.

if ya care bout who I am:

I currently make indie games for a living, though none of them are out yet, so I can't say that I've made a living from them.  I live and work in various coffee shops round berkeley, doing art and design for multiple indie projects, two of my own design, and two with others just as an artist.

I am so fascinated by game design and interaction and all that to the point that I'm worried I've become boring in other regards.  but I don't actually play that many games.  (when I do they are lotsa iphone experiments because they cover such a gamut of interactions/genres.)

I almost feel bad introducing myself because I am sure I'm going to end up neglecting this forum like I have all other forums I've ever been a part of.  I don't really communicate much with people except those who I have face-to-face contact with.  so I apologize.  I am neglectful of people, and it is a problem.

so hello!

but wait: how many people here are berkeley folk?!?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic