Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 10:48:50 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)Wanted: Developer for a 3D and (multitrack) Audio Demo
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Wanted: Developer for a 3D and (multitrack) Audio Demo  (Read 2282 times)
PlainMartin
Level 0

The more you know ...

View Profile
« on: February 28, 2008, 09:49:00 AM »

Hello Community,

this is my first posting. I hope I'm not being too verbose or barking at the wrong tree here ... Smiley

I am looking for a developer to code a (hopefully) simple 3D demo (Win XP) based on a concept I am currently developing. I do not represent a company, and at this stage, I'll be paying for your work out of my own pocket. I will also do the audio part of this initial demo.

The product this will (hopefully) become will be a "game" only in the widest sense - i.e., it will be for entertainment purposes (no sex, gore or exploding cars involved, I'm afraid). But it can only be done by someone who has experience in game development, especially 3D and audio. In addition, experience with Steinberg's VST(i) technology would also help, but is not required at this stage.

Just a few notes to give you an idea:

- Abstract, minimalist 3D environment: no texturing, just some glowing/semi-transparent objects. Think Tron 2.0 / Rez / Synaesthete, minus the explosions. Smiley

- Needs a Building Mode (placing 3D objects on a grid) and a Walkthrough Mode (first person view).

- User places objects on grid, then walks/looks around (using the usual mouse/keyboard controls).

- Objects emit sounds (looped WAV files); objects' sound levels and sound positions (= pan) change according to user position/POV.

- *No* funky intros, splash screens, configuration screens, credits etc. at this point. Just a proof-of-concept demo.

(I have a more detailed exposé I'd gladly send to anyone seriously interested in participating; see below.)

This demo needs to be done a) relatively soon (because I will have the opportunity to meet some *cough* important people) and b) on a tight budget (because right now I'm paying for this out of my own pocket, and like most people, I have a daytime job paying for the wild night-time fantasies like this one).

If you participate, I can promise nothing but this:

1) I will pay for your work (preferably via PayPal), but as I said, this comes out of my personal "Pizza, Movies and Nonsense" budget. I have been working for an industry pretty close to your own for circa twenty years, and I have a good reputation, so you can expect to be paid.

2) If it does what it should, I will take your work (the demo outlined above) to three companies. None of them is a game studio/distributor, but all of them are big players in their respective field. The people I will be talking to know and trust me. Still, at this point, *anything* (from being kicked out to getting a deal) may happen.

3) If you do good work on the demo and we actually get some kind of deal, you/your team will be on board to develop the next version. If it bombs, however, you can a) blame me, b) keep the money and c) tell everyone that you were part of the AlmostTheNextBigThing once more.

If you are interested, please drop me a note at plainmartin808 AT gmail.com (I would appreciate some info about previous experience, projects, demos etc. at this point. I will then send you an outline of the project.)

Thank you, and if you feel there are better places than this forum to post such a project, please let me know.

Cheers,

Martin
PHeMoX
Level 2

"All bugs are belong to us."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 08:17:47 PM »

Sounds like a cool job. Does this involve multiplayer?

"Fun is rule."
PlainMartin
Level 0

The more you know ...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 01:19:01 AM »

Not for this demo.

The final produt could have multiplayer capabilities, but that would be optional; as in "Version 2.0" - Right now, I need someone to code version 0.1 ... Smiley
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 01:47:31 AM »

Hello, instead of paying, are you interested in a sort of partnership? I'm searching a talented artist to make some nice tracks for an indie game I'm doing, so I'll be credited on your demo and you on my game.
You can see something about it here
Anyway I'll mail you with further details when i'll be back to home Smiley

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
PlainMartin
Level 0

The more you know ...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 05:12:19 AM »

Hello Eclipse,

> instead of paying, are you interested in a
> sort of partnership?

Sure; bartering FTW. Wink

However I must admit that right now, coughing up cash might be easier for me than finding the time to produce some commercial-quality tracks/loops ...

Anyway, I'll PM you. Thanks.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic