Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 10:47:19 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Creativecomicompo3 | check it out!
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 46
Print
Author Topic: comicompo3 | check it out!  (Read 141320 times)
astrospoon
Level 4

Andy Hull

View Profile WWW
« Reply #800 on: August 23, 2010, 07:01:32 AM »

Another awesome comic! Hooray!

Special mention for Squiggly_P for a most fantastic bridge page. It managed to make a really radical shift that fit into the narrative very smoothly. Extra Beer! for you!

unsilentwill
Level 9

O, the things left unsaid!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #801 on: August 23, 2010, 08:23:01 AM »

Wuh... wow. That was amazing!  Tears of Joy

Captain_404
« Reply #802 on: August 23, 2010, 09:01:41 AM »

Aw... my resolution got ugly'd from resizing. Would it be too much to ask to resize and resubmit so it can sport some nice, clean vectors?
hroon
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #803 on: August 23, 2010, 09:03:37 AM »

This was great! Nice planing Xerus, thanks!

bateleur
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #804 on: August 23, 2010, 09:06:45 AM »

That worked surprisingly well! Special hat tips to Konjak, John Nesky and savethe dinosaurs for pages I particularly enjoyed.  TigerHand Thumbs Up Right

Next time, any chance of impressing of people a bit more strongly the importance of not discarding all the content of the previous pages? Several page authors this time annoyed me by breaking the continuity in an excessive and unnecessary way. The format is at its best when as much content from the previous page carries over as possible.

r.kachowski
Level 5

and certainly no love below

View Profile WWW
« Reply #805 on: August 23, 2010, 09:13:08 AM »

oh wow it actually was a magic retractable bicycle  Grin
MaloEspada
« Reply #806 on: August 23, 2010, 09:15:22 AM »

The comic continuation thing was a FANTASTIC idea.

Also, yes, konjak's page... Holy shit.
And kinnas's mario-mega man-quote was sooooo awesome haha. Full of other indie references everywhere, too.

Nice work, everyone!
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #807 on: August 23, 2010, 09:16:38 AM »

I knew there was a reason Mr.T's frohawk was so solid and unmoving.

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
Laufman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #808 on: August 23, 2010, 09:27:04 AM »

That was the crazy thing I've ever been a part of!  Thanks for letting me participate. It was definitely a fun and challenging experience.  Beer!

Captain_404
« Reply #809 on: August 23, 2010, 09:41:31 AM »

Just finished it all. This may be one of the greatest narratives of out time.
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #810 on: August 23, 2010, 10:05:54 AM »

You know, it does look like a dream narrative. At least in my experience dreams tend to do stuff like this a lot. Losing or altering connections and elements just as our perception moves away from them, and then creating entirely new ones to fill the gaps.

I agree that a few people seemed to go out of their way to break continuity. It wasn't nearly as pronounced as the last comicompo, at least, and one might argue that's just part of the show.

I'm glad you liked the bird arc Konjak. Grin Is my page one of those you liked? I tried to do a mix of going in a completely new direction and sticking with the setting I was given, and letting the next page decide how they'd work with that.

Great job everyone. Gentleman

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
konjak
Level 4

Bad to the bone.

View Profile
« Reply #811 on: August 23, 2010, 10:18:19 AM »

It was the most consistent and funny as well, that's why I liked those pages, all of them!
Mass
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #812 on: August 23, 2010, 10:22:52 AM »

Funniest page was probably Mass's. ROR! Big Laff

But Id have to go with Derek and say the funniest page was Mass's although lots of them were very close.

Oh, so this is what pride feels like.
Aglathan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #813 on: August 23, 2010, 10:38:30 AM »

Yep, I've just made the bike disappear because it was boring to draw it every frame, I laughed out loud when I found out that it really was a retractable bike all along.

Oh, and I thought the guy with the bike was Peter Molyneux, somehow I expected the story to be full of Peter Langedell references.

Oh, and someone should really do a game based in this comic.

And thumbs up to all the silversnakes, the only team without "it was a dream all along" sequence.

Anyway, when we start the next one?

(Oh, and Xerus is a genius, since when he has been planning all to make all comics part of the same story? from the beginning or since we started discussing it for the comicompo 4?)
Chris Z
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #814 on: August 23, 2010, 10:45:11 AM »

Wow! That was well worth the wait and wrapping them all around like that was brilliant.  We have so many talented artists in this community.   Hand Thumbs Up Left Tiger Hand Thumbs Up Right

lokijki
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #815 on: August 23, 2010, 10:53:22 AM »

Just finished reading it. Epic.  Shocked

My games on  GameJolt.com

Squiggly_P
« Reply #816 on: August 23, 2010, 12:00:40 PM »

Awesome :D
Kinnas get my vote for best page, helped along by my love of megaman, mario, bad-ass facial hair and rough paint.

And yeah, linking all the comics together was an awesome idea.
Jvie
Level 0

-

View Profile
« Reply #817 on: August 23, 2010, 12:20:01 PM »

The comic turned out even better than I could have imagined. Great job everybody!
It's kinda funny that the little octopus became one of the most long lived characters in the comic after I added it just to avoid drawing the diver's face...
mintpuffs.
« Reply #818 on: August 23, 2010, 01:23:50 PM »

Yay~ This comic is pure love <3 random hilarious love!
Everyone did such an amazing job ^_^

I loved so many pages and I can't list them all, but the bird-pages are adorabletastic. 8D
My one favourite must be Melly's.

So impressed by unsilentwill for being able to follow up the worst page ever (sorry >__<) so well~
Chaoseed
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #819 on: August 23, 2010, 01:26:49 PM »

Now I finally read through the whole thing, and it's completely awesome.  Linking the four stories together was a stroke of genius. Hand Thumbs Up Left Ninja

It's kinda funny that the little octopus became one of the most long lived characters in the comic after I added it just to avoid drawing the diver's face...

Well, I knew that after konjak rocked his page, I couldn't just forget about the octopus, even though I focused on the other character. Grin

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 46
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic