Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

April 30, 2024, 09:57:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsTIGJam UK3!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Print
Author Topic: TIGJam UK3!  (Read 47208 times)
LeFishy
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: May 29, 2010, 09:48:12 AM »

Blergh. Fucked up on trains. Nobody happens to be driving up from the south west do they?
mirosurabu
« Reply #141 on: June 01, 2010, 08:16:16 PM »

Last minute decision is I'm coming to this, I have to prepare, buy a bus ticket to Belgrade and try not to miss it this time like the last time when I had to pay lots of money for taxi.
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: June 02, 2010, 03:37:50 AM »

@revulsion. FWIW, last time people started jamming at some point in the daytime on Friday. Smiley So, if you turn up at 7:30 people might still be in CB2 :D

Hmm well as I said I am a newbie to all this. I am happy to put my hand up and be a meeting post if we are all going to do the get together thing at the pub. It sounds like you have the experience bento what you suggest perhaps we just meet at the cafe and work it out from there do you think? It sounds like the pub thing might not work as expected.

My mistake! Jamming will probably be going on all day on Friday, so probably best to just head into CB2 instead of the pub Smiley

Perrin
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: June 02, 2010, 03:54:06 AM »

We now have a website: http://cambridgeindies.com/

Idea is for people to post their games up there throughout the weekend so everyone else can play them.

bento_smile
« Reply #144 on: June 02, 2010, 04:23:13 AM »

Realised I should have made an introductions thread. Sorry guys! /fail  Shocked

Ok, more solid plan! I shall attempt to get to CB2 sometime around lunchtime on Fri. :3 Then, I guess we'll stay there until it closes, at which point, the Man On The Moon is a decent enough place to move on to for some drinks (for those who want to).

For newbies - we'll be seated upstairs :3 looking like a bunch of game developers  Kiss

Anyone: If you have power splitters, bring them! (I have a couple... but that is all! It's easy enough to buy more... but it would be nice to avoid doing that.) :3

Anything I've forgotten?  Smiley
increpare
« Reply #145 on: June 02, 2010, 04:27:52 AM »

Oh god I'll be in cambridge tomorrow.
bento_smile
« Reply #146 on: June 02, 2010, 04:35:46 AM »

Yessss! :D
Jonathan Whiting
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: June 02, 2010, 05:20:28 AM »

Laptop acquired.  Method of transport chosen.  Hostel stuff has been booked.  This is going to happen.  Exciting! Smiley

I'll be traveling from Oxford on Friday morning, so I guess I'll be arriving around lunchtime (possibly a late lunchtime if I'm lazy).  Then I'll go find CB2/people.  Presumably we have the function room?  I've not been there before, will it be pretty obvious what's going on if I just stroll in?

I have a power splitter or two I can bring, will aim to remember them.

Really looking forward to meeting everyone.

bento_smile
« Reply #148 on: June 02, 2010, 07:48:08 AM »

I'll be traveling from Oxford on Friday morning, so I guess I'll be arriving around lunchtime (possibly a late lunchtime if I'm lazy).  Then I'll go find CB2/people.  Presumably we have the function room?  I've not been there before, will it be pretty obvious what's going on if I just stroll in?

Yay! Head upstairs in CB2 :3 that's where we'll all be! (It's an L shaped room, so people can hide around the corner XD )
brian
Level 0

WHOAAA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 02, 2010, 10:38:37 AM »

Can't wait for friday, does CB2 close around 11? I'm getting in at 9pmish and just wondering where I should aim for when I get there.
bento_smile
« Reply #150 on: June 02, 2010, 01:35:22 PM »

Yup, they usually close around 11 Smiley
LeFishy
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: June 02, 2010, 02:36:00 PM »

Ok I got around to booking my train. Almost £100 aaaargh but I'll see you on friday at 3ish :3
Graham
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 02, 2010, 03:24:32 PM »

Thanks to the kind donation of two tickets from Matt Hammill, who couldn't make it, my girlfriend and I will be coming along. We're both really excited! (And I'm a bit scared).

Lisa and I will be making a game - having started to learn Game Maker in the past week - and I'm planning on writing something about the whole thing for the magazine.

For the sake of that feature, I may at some point take pictures and try to ask some of you questions. If you're not interested in being a part of either, please just let me know. I don't want to be a distraction!
increpare
« Reply #153 on: June 03, 2010, 12:07:51 AM »

I'm on a train, guys!
bento_smile
« Reply #154 on: June 03, 2010, 12:16:06 AM »

Ok I got around to booking my train. Almost £100 aaaargh but I'll see you on friday at 3ish :3

Hoorah! :D

Thanks to the kind donation of two tickets from Matt Hammill, who couldn't make it, my girlfriend and I will be coming along. We're both really excited! (And I'm a bit scared).

Lisa and I will be making a game - having started to learn Game Maker in the past week - and I'm planning on writing something about the whole thing for the magazine.

Yay! (Don't be scared.)

I'm on a train, guys!

YAY!
Damian
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 03, 2010, 06:33:48 AM »

I hope this happens next year again.

I've kept back on this years one, being young compared to most of you lot, I think next year will be a new experience for me. But before I decide, what is the average age of most people going to tigjam UK? 1 or 2 slightly younger than 20 with a few in there 20's and mostly over 30's? or are all of you old. haha

I like to plan ahead and save, and being 18 next year I'd like to know if I'd welcomed into such an experiance.

Enjoy your Jamming  Hand Joystick
increpare
« Reply #156 on: June 03, 2010, 06:52:39 AM »

There were a couple of people under 18 here last year I think.

I'm in CB2!
Jonathan Whiting
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: June 03, 2010, 07:20:54 AM »

I'm in CB2!

Woo!  I kind of feel like I should have taken this afternoon off and come down early too now.  Ah well, tomorrow...  Have you made any games yet? Smiley

increpare
« Reply #158 on: June 03, 2010, 07:24:26 AM »

Woo!  I kind of feel like I should have taken this afternoon off and come down early too now.  Ah well, tomorrow...  Have you made any games yet? Smiley
Nope.  Taking it easy today and doing action 52 stuff.
Perrin
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: June 03, 2010, 07:33:15 AM »

Were it not for the fact my hostel booking is from tomorrow I'd be tempted to head to Cambridge now. Too distracted here today, not getting much done. CB2 focuses the mind, must be the spicy chips.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic