Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411418 Posts in 69362 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 17, 2024, 06:36:20 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsTIGJam UK3!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Print
Author Topic: TIGJam UK3!  (Read 47142 times)
deathtotheweird
« Reply #180 on: June 07, 2010, 03:18:04 PM »

I noticed this on the introversion blog:
http://forums.introversion.co.uk/defcon/introversion/viewtopic.php?p=91588
increpare
« Reply #181 on: June 07, 2010, 04:56:19 PM »

Oh, perrin - thanks a million for getting the website up - it's really neat.

Also, draknek - there was another set of load routines I needed to call after loading the file (there's a callback for the loadbytes method as well), but I got it all working in the end - thanks for your help : )
Stormcloud
Level 0

I like pretty colours. I can't help it.

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 08, 2010, 05:04:16 AM »

I had fantastic time at the jam. Thank you all for being so welcoming and supportive. I came away having learnt a lot and I can't wait for the next one!

Stormcloud / Adrian
v21
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 08, 2010, 06:12:15 AM »

I too had a great time! Thank you to draknek for sorting me out with a bed at such short notice, thank you to everyone who organized it for ... organizing it, thanks for the awesome website, thanks for everyone for being there and helping make me feel like part of an Awesome Indie Machine.

I hosted up my cubes game, by the way : http://nottheinternet.com/games/cubes
brian
Level 0

WHOAAA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 08, 2010, 06:59:04 AM »

That was a totally awesome weekend and although I only got two games even remotely done I found the experience of the 3 hour jams to be really rewarding and got to grips with how to go about it the more of them we did.

I'll put up that text platformer thing when I get home tonight on the friendship club site. Seeing all the games that you miss while you're actually there is pretty interesting too.

Should see a few of you at the world of love jam in a few weeks too.

Thanks for setting it all up dock/bento_smile/perrin/anyone else I forgot!
Perrin
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: June 08, 2010, 05:06:16 PM »

Oh, perrin - thanks a million for getting the website up - it's really neat.

No problem, glad you put your games up. Really glad that it means there's a place where people can find all the cool stuff people made at the weekend.

Lemming
Level 2

victim of gravity

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: June 09, 2010, 12:30:33 AM »

Thanks to everyone who attended, I had a great time! Smiley

I guess there wasn't enough of an introduction, at least for us who arrived late.. I think everyone should wear name/nick/company-tags so you can figure out who everyone is. It's also a good conversation starter: "Hey I played your 'game x', I love it!"

LeFishy
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: June 09, 2010, 02:35:25 AM »

Increpare, I think it was you who was using some music program where you can just scribble on the screen to make sounds...

I was intrigued by it at the time but the connection didn't really make getting it a possibility and now I have forgotten what it is called. If you could tell me it would be lovely indeed.

Just thought I'd let you all know that my motivation and inspiration is returning to me in great spoonfuls thanks to last weekend. Cheers guys :>
Jonathan Whiting
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: June 09, 2010, 02:58:48 AM »

I guess there wasn't enough of an introduction, at least for us who arrived late.. I think everyone should wear name/nick/company-tags so you can figure out who everyone is.

That might have been a good idea, yes.  Although I must say I've been kind of enjoying piecing together the gaps in who everyone was.

Increpare, I think it was you who was using some music program where you can just scribble on the screen to make sounds...

I was intrigued by it at the time but the connection didn't really make getting it a possibility and now I have forgotten what it is called. If you could tell me it would be lovely indeed.

I believe the program you're thinking of is HighC, http://highc.org/

I played about with it a bit during/after, it's certainly more immediate than trying to figure out something more 'tracker' like.  Hasn't stopped me sucking at music though..

Robert Swan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: June 09, 2010, 03:20:58 AM »

The jam reminded me I really need to learn flash in some form (flixel probably). And some of my entries are a great starting point to learn. Hurrah for 32x32 pixel flash games.

Perrin
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: June 09, 2010, 05:04:16 AM »

I guess there wasn't enough of an introduction, at least for us who arrived late.. I think everyone should wear name/nick/company-tags so you can figure out who everyone is. It's also a good conversation starter: "Hey I played your 'game x', I love it!"

A little twee but it might help. We were making an effort at the start with introductions but eventually that just got too unwieldy.

With over 30 people I always just presume I'm never gonna remember everyone. My memory is crap anyways.

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: June 17, 2010, 09:52:21 AM »

Sad I missed this, look forward to the next one.

angrygeometry
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: June 17, 2010, 01:00:49 PM »

pah, i wish i had known about this sooner! i would have been there like a jumping flash. you couldn't have stopped me. oh well, NEXT TIME. i'll get wise and hone my skills.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic