Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 02:18:56 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallA pajarito's life - Short artgame.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: A pajarito's life - Short artgame.  (Read 3761 times)
tyranus
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: April 03, 2010, 12:14:44 PM »

Hi everybody! My name is Alejandro Adrian Iglesias (Tyranus on the web). Here I bring to you a game called "A pajarito's life", In few words is a sad, melancholic and short game.
I did it for the contest of ADVA 100x100px.

I hope you like it!

Greetings!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 08:11:04 PM by tyranus » Logged

increpare
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 12:37:08 PM »

You posted this in the wrong forum - should have been announcements or feedback.  Mods will probably move it before long.

Anyway - welcome!  It's always great to see people from ADVA call over here (I've haven't been around there in a while).

- spoilers follow -

I feel i've scene the starting scene (egg hatching) before but don't remember the rest of the game.  I personally really liked figuring out how to fly - it fitted in well.  However, I personally would not have had the game actually loop - I'd have ended it rather than have it loop endlessly.  But I'm not too pushed about that - I thought it was ace : )

The music works well - it felt a little repetitious eventually for me, but several minutes after playing I find myself a affected by it still.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 12:47:00 PM by increpare » Logged
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 01:43:13 PM »

pajarito = small bird

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
tyranus
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 07:35:00 PM »

Facepalm I am a idiot. Sorry for the mistake.

Thanks for the coment increpare, and we hope you will back in a future contest! Smiley

Few word's man moi  Tongue, thanks for the traductions, I forget explain it.

Can anybody report this post, i cant report my own post. Smiley

neon
Level 10

DOHOHOHOHO

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 08:54:41 PM »

i feel like it would be good if only flying and moving wasn't so maddening.  i see how it adds difficulty to the game but i had to stop playing after the "fly away" part just because i'm on a laptop and it's so damn hard to stay afloat.  so far, it was pretty good, though.

Eraser
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 09:00:16 PM »

Heh, I can see how this would be annoying trying to play on a laptop Wink It was indeed a nice little game. I probably died 10 times or so, but what can you do. Darn competition for food and failing to win love without bribery.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 09:10:26 PM »

I thought the flying controls were pretty neat, aside from accidentally moving the mouse away from the game and it not registering. I think I had the most trouble on the building a nest part, I had to do it over a few more times compared to the rest of the game.

It is a very nice game though.
tyranus
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 05:44:42 PM »

Thanks for comment!

I known it's quite dificult play with a touchpad (on netbook, notebook whatever), i've tried and it's hard. But i have my reason,and basicly are two:
- One: Inmersion in the character.
- Two: Frustration, to make you feel depressive in conjunction with the music and grays graphics.

I hope make you fell sad with this game  Big Laff muahaha

Thanks again!

AndroidScholar1
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2010, 05:49:34 PM »

Thanks for comment!

I known it's quite dificult play with a touchpad (on netbook, notebook whatever), i've tried and it's hard. But i have my reason,and basicly are two:
- One: Inmersion in the character.
- Two: Frustration, to make you feel depressive in conjunction with the music and grays graphics.

I hope make you fell sad with this game  Big Laff muahaha

Thanks again!

You seem to be mistaking "depression" with being "annoyed" - more people will probably get frustrated at a difficult control scheme than sad, which can break immersion in the game and thus get the opposite effect of what you're looking for.

No biggy, a lot of people tend to do stuff like this, but it's easily sorted, and I'm sure the game's great anyway Smiley gotta love games with atmosphere. I'll give it a go as soon as I get a chance.
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2010, 07:17:31 PM »

Quite liked this, in particular the controls. Reminded me a bit of Coil, in that aspect.

AndroidScholar1
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2010, 04:09:22 AM »

Just played through it, and it's quite nice Smiley Loved the background music, it fitted rather well with the overall theme. I think the health could be made to last longer though, because after just a short while flying I need to go down and get food - I'm not sure if this was intended or not, but it was a tad frustrating.

The art style, though 2D, fitted nicely as well. Overall, you did a great job Smiley
tyranus
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2010, 04:25:21 AM »

You seem to be mistaking "depression" with being "annoyed" - more people will probably get frustrated at a difficult control scheme than sad, which can break immersion in the game and thus get the opposite effect of what you're looking for.

It's not so annoying (i think Tongue), just it's quite dificult without a mouse. However, it's true that you say: Unmeasured frustrating, is not depressed, is disturbing; the game experience it's different with the touchpad.

No biggy, a lot of people tend to do stuff like this, but it's easily sorted, and I'm sure the game's great anyway Smiley gotta love games with atmosphere. I'll give it a go as soon as I get a chance.

I will be waiting you!  Wink

Quite liked this, in particular the controls. Reminded me a bit of Coil, in that aspect.
Good! Thanks.
Coil?... Wow,I did not know this game, looks very interesting (funny, I am doing a similar game right now (only the first level))

Just played through it, and it's quite nice Smiley Loved the background music, it fitted rather well with the overall theme.

The music It's beautiful! Roald Strauss have the credit here (this music it's free, my work has been choose it)

I think the health could be made to last longer though, because after just a short while flying I need to go down and get food - I'm not sure if this was intended or not, but it was a tad frustrating.
Maybe, but i want the player feel like hard work to build a nest, Not Only carry branches.

The art style, though 2D, fitted nicely as well. Overall, you did a great job Smiley

Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 04:29:44 AM by tyranus » Logged

Eraser
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2010, 07:29:37 AM »

Yes, building the nest was hard work. I was overly cautious and went back for food quite a few times Wink.
Rob Lach
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2010, 03:36:50 PM »

I like it.

PsySal
Level 8

Yaay!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2010, 02:16:33 PM »

Really like it, kind of makes me feel sympathy for my bird. However, I couldn't get past eat. It was just too hard for me to fly over to the food and eat it, or maybe I didn't know what I was supposed to do. However this game works well even if you don't make it too far.
saint11
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2010, 03:34:37 PM »

That a very beautiful and fantastic game! Congratulations! :] It really touched me.

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2010, 05:28:11 AM »

I found this very beautiful. Thanks so much for the experience.  I have no real negative criticism.  It took me a while to figure out the controls, but I liked that.

Loren Schmidt
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2010, 11:56:55 PM »

This is a good idea for a game.

It took me a little while to realize that I had to click to eat. I thought it was broken at first, because my bird wouldn't pick up food when I landed by it.

I was definitely affected by it. I think the nest building part was my favorite.
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2010, 01:18:06 AM »

is it wrong that one could take this game and make a meta-game out of it? like the 'fastest bird course' aka "Pakarito's Rally"

-race your friends on seeing who can out live the other.
-reaching the egg stage counts as a point.
-dying means losing a point.
-each player has ten minutes to rack up as many life cycles before the ten minute mark reaches. 

The players has to record their play through of the game and dump it on Youtube for all to see.

Other than that it was a fun simulator, but depressing isn't the word I would say for a game based on life. If so then the board game 'Life' is the most depressing game ever made.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic