Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411506 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 10:18:28 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsPortfoliosHinchy Sites - freelance web design
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Hinchy Sites - freelance web design  (Read 3088 times)
Hinchy
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« on: April 06, 2010, 06:57:24 PM »

I do freelance (X)HTML webdesign at reasonable prices. Examples of my work: Taco Sisters, J. Varisco Events; as well as my own web portfolio site. Email me ([email protected]) or message me (AIM/YAHOO/Skype: zachhinchliffe; MSN: [email protected]) for details.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 11:17:07 AM by Hinchy » Logged
sumudrauk
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 02:43:20 AM »

You've got a spectacular flash site along with impressive layout, images, navigation along with almost everythingthat is certainly visually captivating however in the event the font size along with styleare a few things definitely not eye friendly it follows that each of the attempts to deliver the website design to its expected audience is going to be in jeopardy.

Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 03:38:31 AM »

Runaway sentence spam bot!

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
Hinchy
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 07:59:28 PM »

What's funny is that my sites aren't made with Flash.
Blindsight
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 11:49:27 PM »

First let me say I don't mean to criticize you at all.  I'm really only posting to express my own ignorance (which isn't hard) about your line of work. Isn't "web design" kind of a thing of the past, the skills having been rolled into the "graphic artist" title?

Just curious because, while I can (and I think most people that would be browsing these forums, if not most people comfortable with internet technology can) put together a decent, clean and simple website there is certainly still a need to get other people to do it for you. Smiley

I'd be interested in sourcing some web work myself but the examples you posted don't strike me as something that I would need someone else to do. Don't get me wrong, the sites are nice, effective and I'm sure they meet the needs of the client -- which is the point right?

I guess what I'm really interested in knowing is, what exactly do you do/offer? Do you just do straight HTML or do you also do Flash, Animations, Graphics/logos, Custom wordpress themes, database backed UIs, shopping carts, etc?

Chaos: It's the only system that works EVERY time.
Hinchy
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 08:39:48 PM »

Reviving this topic because god damnit I need money. Also because I finished my latest website and it's pretty neat -- runs on a custom-built creative media CMS called ACME, which I basically just finished the first alpha of.

Also to reply from that one post from May:

Isn't "web design" kind of a thing of the past, the skills having been rolled into the "graphic artist" title?
No. It's not.

I guess what I'm really interested in knowing is, what exactly do you do/offer? Do you just do straight HTML or do you also do Flash, Animations, Graphics/logos, Custom wordpress themes, database backed UIs, shopping carts, etc?
I definitely do flash, animations, graphics/logos, and custom wordpress themes. I'm not sure what exactly you meant by databsae backed UIs... if you mean themes for CMSes and stuff, yes, but I don't do custom database stuff (though I plan to offer ACME to my clients once I hit something feature-complete enough to use for my clients' websites). I don't do shopping carts.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic