Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 05:19:10 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSpectrum of Violence (2D Fighter)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Spectrum of Violence (2D Fighter)  (Read 1410 times)
Joseph
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« on: April 07, 2010, 06:00:43 PM »

SPECTRUM OF VIOLENCE

PLAY IT http://studiohunty.com/spectrum/

Spectrum of Violence is a 2D fighting game created in Flash by Joseph King and R. Hunter Gough. It took us several years to make it, working on it off and on along with various other projects. It's still very rough around the edges, but we wanted to go ahead and release it even in an unfinished form so that other people could enjoy it.

CONTROLS:
Player 1: IJKL to move, S to punch, A to kick, and D for special.
Player 2: Arrow keys to move, ] to punch, [ to kick, and \ for special.

*  Press forward or back while pressing an attack button to do different attacks

o EXAMPLE:
            B + punch = light punch
            neutral punch = medium punch
            F + punch = heavy punch

B + kick = light kick
            neutral kick = medium kick
            F + kick = heavy kick

There are 2 methods for performing special attacks:

* Method 1: Press any direction while pressing the special button to do different special attacks.

o EXAMPLE:
            F + special = forward special
            U + special = up special

* Method 2: Combine directional movements and button presses (similar to traditional fighters).

BASIC MOVES:

Standing Block           Hold back when attacked
Crouching Block          Hold down+back when attacked
Jumping Block            Hold back when attacked in air
Parry                    Tap forward when attacked

Dash                     Tap forward twice or tap back twice
Tech Roll                When knocked down hold left or right
Taunt                    Hold punch+kick
Throw                    press forward+punch+kick or back+punch+kick

COMBO SYSTEM
Standard attacks can be chained together to form combos. The chain system varies by character.

* Zig-Zag: any punch can chain into a kick of the same strength, and an attack of lower strength can be chained into the subsequent attack of the next strength. (Anon, Wayne, Sia, Vanessa)
          o (i.e. LP -> LK -> MP -> MK -> HP -> HK) or (i.e. LK -> LP -> MK -> MP -> HK -> HP).

*  Stronger: any attack can chain into any stronger attack. (Otto, Dorian)
          o (e.g. LP/LK -> MP/MK -> HP/HK).

Anon Combo Example
MP -> MK -> HK xx uSP -> HK xx uSP

Key Features:
6 characters with unique animations
Player vs Player action
Special moves can be executed with traditional motion inputs or the special button

To Do List:
Story Mode
Training Mode
Remappable Keys

If you guys like the game you should email Hunter (rgough at studiohunty.com) and tell him to finish it up already!!!!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 09:18:36 AM by Joseph » Logged
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 05:52:15 AM »

I played this, although I couldn't do much without a second person to play with me. It seems like a pretty cool game, though. I like the characters and setting, though it would be cool to have them expanded upon a little bit more.

There were a few nitpicky things I noticed:
- I was playing with Sia and Anon, Sia was crouching and blocking and Anon threw a grenade at her. This caused Sia to slide backwards in the blocking position, and her controls all froze up. The only way to get her out of it was to hit her with another attack.
- Otto's throw attacks feel very light and lacking in impact compared with the rest of the attacks. Obviously you could improve this by adding sounds and special effects, but I also think his spinning-in-the-air move could benefit from being a little faster when he drops.

Joseph
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 10:44:59 AM »

Hey thanks for checking out the game!

-
There were a few nitpicky things I noticed:
- I was playing with Sia and Anon, Sia was crouching and blocking and Anon threw a grenade at her. This caused Sia to slide backwards in the blocking position, and her controls all froze up. The only way to get her out of it was to hit her with another attack.
- Otto's throw attacks feel very light and lacking in impact compared with the rest of the attacks. Obviously you could improve this by adding sounds and special effects, but I also think his spinning-in-the-air move could benefit from being a little faster when he drops.

- Ah yeah I think I've experienced a similar glitch, that's probably on our bug list already...
-I agree everyone needs some more impact on their throws.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic