Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 11:10:43 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMusic Fall(BETA)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Music Fall(BETA)  (Read 1731 times)
geel9
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2010, 08:26:09 PM »

So I made a music game, called Music Fall. Explanatory!

So am I the only one that hates all those guitar hero clones? They're just getting so old! It's time for a NEW style of gameplay! That's where music fall comes in. Its intuitive, mouse-only gameplay leaves the player free to rest their hands by their side. Frantic action mixed with upbeat music leaves players wanting more.

I'm so awesome at that.

Link
Xecutor
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 08:42:26 PM »

My office mouse can't sustain speed required to catch all notes al hardest level Sad
I'll try at home with razer  Evil

Quite fun, but IMO somewhat easy.
geel9
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 08:43:17 PM »

My office mouse can't sustain speed required to catch all notes al hardest level Sad
I'll try at home with razer  Evil

What level did you try?
Destral
Level 10

Climbing that mountain...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 10:27:36 PM »

It's pretty fun, and I loved the music! I tried all the levels, the first two are easy enough, but it does get considerably harder starting from the third (Tea and Crumpets), and the last two I was terrible at. Did you compose the music yourself?

Do you have plans on having different difficulties for each of the songs, or are they a linear progression? I would _maybe_ suggest that the difficulty curve becomes a little steep starting with Tea and crumpets, but that could very well just be me. Good job!

Currently working on: Sword Surfer
Xecutor
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 11:57:20 PM »

What level did you try?
I perfected all, but last.
chardish
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 06:56:56 PM »

Reminds me a lot of SpinItUp, only played on a line instead of a circle.

I can't find the game online anymore, but I can find videos:

PKBT
Level 1

cool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 07:25:51 PM »

Feels a lot like a combination of Guitar Hero and Audiosurf, except played in top-down view.
I like it. It's pretty addicting!
Draknek
Level 6

"Alan Hazelden" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 02:41:25 AM »

On Tea and Crumpets, the notes stop coming maybe a third of the way through the song. Then once the music actually stops, after about 15 seconds the level starts again without resetting my score. Is that why it seems to be crossed out on the level select screen?

Parts of Chaoz Airflow are just too insane. Other parts of it were tricky but doable, but overall it should probably be toned down.

The +100 text floating up on the left hand side is black text on a black background, so is almost never visible unless there's a note coming down at the right time.

Also, the "play" button could do with having a larger clickable area, and it sometimes doesn't seem to notice when you first mouse-over it. That screen should probably have the same background as the rest of the game too, rather than just being white.

Other than that, I like it. Very satisfying.

geel9
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 12:14:37 AM »

But there is no white background...
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic