Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 12:52:06 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallOgmo Editor
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Print
Author Topic: Ogmo Editor  (Read 35688 times)
Matt Thorson
Level 7

c'est la vie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: December 18, 2011, 02:25:09 PM »

You need the XNA 4 redist as well as .NET (http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=20914). Once it's stable I'll have an installer or something probably to get rid of all the confusion

zine92
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2011, 09:21:39 PM »

Anyways i just realized for people using integrated graphics card might crash. I had a "Could not find a graphics device that supports the XNA Framework HiDef profile." error when i tried to run it on my laptop which supports dual graphics card. When i ran it with my intel graphics, it crashed and when i switch to the dedicated graphics (AMD), it runs with no problem. But thanks finally got it to work on my computer.
pgil
« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2011, 04:55:43 AM »

I can't get this to run at all.  I've installed .net 4 and all the XNA updates, but I just get a generic windows error report when I start the editor. I'm using windows xp which probably doesn't help. 

I'm not totally sure I understand how xna updates work... Do I need to install each version separately?   I did that, but some versions had a "refresh" that I didn't download.
knight
Level 3

aka dude4k

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2011, 06:53:17 AM »

Anyways i just realized for people using integrated graphics card might crash. I had a "Could not find a graphics device that supports the XNA Framework HiDef profile."
You should compile this for the reach profile so more people can use it. I doubt you need any hidef features since the editor seems to be 2d oriented.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2011, 07:00:13 AM »

yeah Hidef is useless if you're using 2D.
It will lock out a lot of graphic cards as well as windows XP (another shit move from micro$$$haft)

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Matt Thorson
Level 7

c'est la vie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2011, 03:22:36 PM »

There was a reason I had to use HiDef, something about texture sizes for tile layers. I'll see if I can work around that though.

Matt Thorson
Level 7

c'est la vie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: December 21, 2011, 04:46:40 PM »

Okay yeah, I figured it out Smiley Just uploaded 2.0.0.17. Think it's almost stable...

• Switched to XNA Reach for better compatibility
  • Project files with errors (like broken paths to image files) will now report the errors and load straight into the project editor so you can fix them with the UI
  • Fixed the tab key behaving wrong in most of the project editor pages
  • Save level as image now defaults to the level's filename (+.png)
  • Fixed a crash with pressing some hotkeys before a project is opened

ffjboy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 23, 2011, 06:59:26 AM »

ITS SO GREAT!!!!
pgil
« Reply #88 on: December 23, 2011, 08:39:38 AM »

New version runs on my computer  Grin

I noticed it's pretty heavy on the cpu (dual core AMD Athlon 64). There's a big spike once the level editor opens.

Also, when I try to change a layer's type to "Entity" I get a crash with this message:

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object." 
Matt Thorson
Level 7

c'est la vie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: December 23, 2011, 02:02:53 PM »

Whoa that was a huge oversight on my part. I just uploaded 2.0.0.18 which fixes the entity layer crash bug.

davidarcila
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 24, 2011, 05:16:53 PM »

I'm sorry if i'm missing something, but i cannot open the tile palette. I already loaded the tileset in the project editor.
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2012, 02:38:50 PM »

The most recent couple of versions haven't been loading my projects or level files.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NotSupportedException: XNA Framework Reach profile requires TextureAddressMode to be Clamp when using texture sizes that are not powers of two.
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.ProfileCapabilities.ThrowNotSupportedException(String message)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.VerifyCanDraw(Boolean bUserPrimitives, Boolean bIndexedPrimitives)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.DrawIndexedPrimitives(PrimitiveType primitiveType, Int32 baseVertex, Int32 minVertexIndex, Int32 numVertices, Int32 startIndex, Int32 primitiveCount)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.PlatformRenderBatch(Texture2D texture, SpriteInfo[] sprites, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.RenderBatch(Texture2D texture, SpriteInfo[] sprites, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Flush()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.End()
   at OgmoEditor.LevelEditors.LevelEditor.Draw()
   at OgmoEditor.XNA.GraphicsDeviceControl.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Also, if you get around to it, a feature that would be really nice to have would be able to draw with custom groups of tiles.  For example, if I have a tree made up of 4 tiles, it would be nice to be able to just draw the tree as a whole onto the map rather than keep switching between the four tiles.

ChevyRay
« Reply #92 on: January 04, 2012, 06:27:31 PM »

I wrote an introduction tutorial here for those who are having trouble getting started.
Matt Thorson
Level 7

c'est la vie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: January 04, 2012, 07:52:00 PM »

The most recent couple of versions haven't been loading my projects or level files.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NotSupportedException: XNA Framework Reach profile requires TextureAddressMode to be Clamp when using texture sizes that are not powers of two.
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.ProfileCapabilities.ThrowNotSupportedException(String message)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.VerifyCanDraw(Boolean bUserPrimitives, Boolean bIndexedPrimitives)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.DrawIndexedPrimitives(PrimitiveType primitiveType, Int32 baseVertex, Int32 minVertexIndex, Int32 numVertices, Int32 startIndex, Int32 primitiveCount)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.PlatformRenderBatch(Texture2D texture, SpriteInfo[] sprites, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.RenderBatch(Texture2D texture, SpriteInfo[] sprites, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Flush()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.End()
   at OgmoEditor.LevelEditors.LevelEditor.Draw()
   at OgmoEditor.XNA.GraphicsDeviceControl.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Also, if you get around to it, a feature that would be really nice to have would be able to draw with custom groups of tiles.  For example, if I have a tree made up of 4 tiles, it would be nice to be able to just draw the tree as a whole onto the map rather than keep switching between the four tiles.

Just have to confirm: are you replacing the Content folder with the new one when you download the new versions, or just the exe file? This bug could be because you're using a new exe with an old Content folder.

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: January 04, 2012, 08:52:36 PM »

Thanks, that was the problem.

MaskedPixel
« Reply #95 on: January 05, 2012, 01:48:46 PM »

Just wanted to say thanks for the editor Matt.  It works great!   Beer!
Matt Thorson
Level 7

c'est la vie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: January 16, 2012, 01:55:58 AM »

2.0.0.22 uploaded tonight!

• More flexible tile loading (for when a project is changed)
  • Entity rotation is done with a textfield now rather than a tool
  • Fixed weird stuff with tiled images
  • Entity IDs are now drawn in the selection window
  • You can click and drag to move entity nodes now
  • Can now disable drawing entities "ghosts" at their nodes
  • Waaaay better looking value editors for level values
  • An installer! It should automatically check for .NET/XNA, and overwrite old installations

Game Oven
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: January 18, 2012, 04:03:11 AM »

Hey Matt,

We are seriously considering to use Ogmo for our next iOS game - will it be available through air or as a mac app as well? What are your plans on this?

-Adriaan

necromian
Level 2

ʘ_ʘ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: January 19, 2012, 02:27:19 PM »

Wow, this is pretty awesome. Good work!
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: January 19, 2012, 02:31:15 PM »

The new installer isn't working.  It says there are missing files.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic