Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411478 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58424 Members - Latest Member: FlyingFreeStudios

April 23, 2024, 07:10:12 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid WorkSeeking Game Designer / Developer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Seeking Game Designer / Developer  (Read 2918 times)
zoinks
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 13, 2010, 04:24:44 PM »

Hi everyone,

We're looking to grow our company, and we think we have a pretty neat opportunity for Game Designer / Developers that want to work on something totally new.

I am including the job description below. You can also find it at: http://blog.sifteo.com/2010/04/lead-game-designer/

If interested, reply to [email protected], subject "Game Designer"

----

Sifteo, a venture-backed consumer electronics start-up, is seeking Game Designer / Developers to create a new generation of interactive games on a revolutionary platform.  We are looking for someone who is passionate about games, who understands the essentials of both classic table top and video game mechanics, and who is excited about jumping into a start up environment.  You’ll be working with a small team and responsible for the full production cycle of a series of games. In short, you need to be able to design and develop mobile-size, production-level games individually and quickly.

Siftables are gesture-sensitive video tiles that form a smart, distributed system for games and education. The technology has been spun out of the MIT Media Lab and has been featured on the Science and Discovery channels, presented at the TED conference, and has been written up by Engadget, Gizmodo, New Scientist and Wired.

For a video demo of the product, see http://sifteo.com/

You:

2+ years of professional experience in game design & development
portfolio of awesome game work
background in game design, production
designer + builder + thinker: able to handle the entire game production cycle, from ideation to design to production / coding
comfortable working in a fast paced, start-up environment in a small team
coding chops (especially processing, web/javascript, flash/actionscript, python, ruby, iphone), and desire to learn more.
would love to work with us in our office in San Francisco

Responsibilities:

design games and applications for the world’s first distributed tangible game interface.
execute the development and coding of these games
develop compelling demos, stories and characters that match our product and markets.
work with content partners to bring existing franchises to the Sifteo platform.
work with the technical team to establish technical requirements for the hardware and software systems.
research demographics, follow industry trends, and generally be our primary eyes and ears in the game industry.
real game production: writing, storyboards, scripting, drawing, animating, audio, music scores, and so on.
iterate, iterate, iterate.

Bonus points for:

experience or interest in working with communities (developer and player).
experience with marketing and messaging games
experience with interaction design or information architecture
great visual art & design skills
great drawing/animation abilities
great digital music composition skills
come from an indie and/or mobile game development background
BS / MS in Computer Science

Compensation:

salary plus equity
contract work is a possibility

If interested, please send your resume to jobs at sifteo dot com, subject “Game Designer”
Craig Stern
Level 10

I'm not actually all that stern.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 04:07:15 PM »

Compensation:

salary plus equity

Care to post a range?

increpare
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 04:20:57 PM »

Oh, neato.  I wish you guys the best of luck with this stuff - lots of great possibilities here.
Indievelopper
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 06:54:13 AM »

Haha, i'd take the offer, but i don't have "2+ years of professional experience in game design & development" since i'm indie  Cheesy

TobiasW
Level 8

This can only end brilliantly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 07:17:52 AM »

Wow, these Siftables look great. I love the synthesizer example! It's a pity I don't match your profile yet. Good luck finding whom you are searching for, and even more luck with your product!

Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 10:30:13 AM »

Haha, i'd take the offer, but i don't have "2+ years of professional experience in game design & development" since i'm indie  Cheesy

pro indie is still pro bro

zoinks
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 04:58:18 PM »

Hey Everyone -

Indie is OK (it's great!). If you've been producing and delivering great games with a small team or solo, that's better for us than working only within the confines of large studios. (If you have worked only in large studios, that is OK too.)

Sorry, we can't post a range on the salary - we will pay competitive rates based on experience level.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic