Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411508 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 09:42:44 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsFlood Shooter - a procedural SHMUP (alpha available)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Flood Shooter - a procedural SHMUP (alpha available)  (Read 1886 times)
Akari
Level 2

View Profile
« on: April 15, 2010, 12:38:48 AM »

Flood Shooter

So yesterday we had a little gamedev compo organized at #tigirc with a length of two hours. Basically we had multiple themes and were supposed to use as many of them as possible. I only ended up implementing one of them (endless flood) but then again I was pretty much the only one to actually finish Durr...? (you can get the compo version from here if you're interested in what I had done at the 2-hour mark).

I decided to put in a few more hours of polish and testing into it and now it's starting to feel pretty nice and I think I'll continue developing it even further. Next step would be to implement some sort of pickups, include multiple weapons and enemies that actually differ in other factors than just looks.

Get it here!

Here's a screenshot:
(Taking interesting screenshots of this is pretty hard)

Anyway, I'd like to hear some feedback and ideas if you've got any. I've also included the source code in the zip (this is made with Construct, so the source code is the .cap file), if you're interested in taking a look at what's going on behind the scenes. Be warned that the code is quite messy at the moment, though. I didn't spend any time cleaning it up yet (and during the compo I simply didn't have time to do so).
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 11:30:46 AM by Daiz » Logged
yokomeshi
Level 0

tonight we're gonna party like it's 1989

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 09:43:59 PM »

All the zeroes at the top are making me feel... inadequate.

It looks great, but I think it'd be nice if the ship had at least a little bit of inertia - it's a bit snappy right now, which ironically makes it harder to dodge bullets, since you tend to dodge into other ones.
Akari
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 12:14:39 AM »

That's what focus is there for, but yeah, dodging bullets tends to be quite hard at the moment and grazing especially so. I'll probably make things more bullet hell -like, in other words meaning more bullets and slower bullets.

Also, just to note that your hitbox is very small, like 4x4 pixels - it becomes feintly visible when focusing.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic