Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411480 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58425 Members - Latest Member: solpreston

April 23, 2024, 09:13:47 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid Work[France Only] Teach teenagers how to make videogames, have fun, be paid
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [France Only] Teach teenagers how to make videogames, have fun, be paid  (Read 1934 times)
Guillaume
Level 7

View Profile
« on: April 15, 2010, 06:16:19 PM »

Hi all,

First of all, this offer is only available for people living in France (or having a french work permit, but you need to speak French). I know there are a couple of us here, so hopefully this won't go unnoticed. Sorry for the others Sad

So yeah, hi, my name is Guillaume, I'm a student in computer science (will be starting my PhD next year) and I dabble with indie game dev during my free time.

This summer I will be assistant director on summer camps that deal with the creation of video games for a company named Telligo. The age group is roughly 12-17 years old, and I'm looking for people to work on the following dates:

July 3rd to 13th
July 13th to 21st

You can apply to either or both  Smiley

What will I be doing?

You'll be essentially teaching kids how to make videogames, which is usually fun. We allow them to use pretty much any tool they want- Game Maker, RPG Maker, but also programming languages (typically C++ and Java) and are ready to teach them about these, so you should be proficient on these topics in the context of video game development.

Any additional stuff you can bring is more than welcome- last year, for instance, I initiated the kids to various indie games such as Knytt Stories, Gravity Bone, Spelunky, and tons of others- I also led debates with the kids on the plots, moral and ethical implications of their favorite video games, etc.- that was a huge hit.

So yeah, anything cool you can bring to the table is great. Even things such as art and design, music composition, etc. are highly valued- nothing is ever useless!

It's not a huge period of time (10 days) and a lot of these kids haven't programmed before, or barely- so we won't be doing anything crazy, but we typically get some pretty cool stuff made on Game Maker, etc.

What's expected of me? What are the conditions?

You must be over 20 and have the baccalauréat. Ideally, you're working for a game company or such, or have released a couple games- in any case you need a pretty good experience with video game development. Of course you also need to be cool with kids, good at teaching, expressing your ideas, fun to be around- but you're on TIGSource, so that shouldn't be an issue!  Beer!

Also, for the legalese stuff, you need a clean judiciary file (bulletin number 3), a note from the doctor saying you're not contagious, etc. Don't worry about that for now though, we'll give you a complete rundown when the time comes.

You'll have to come to a preparatory meeting and training weekend in Paris in June (we pay the train tickets and all), and then of course you'll have to come to the camp for the actual work (it's in St Pol de Léon). You'll be sleeping on site, be fed, can do your laundry, etc, and will get one  full day off. You'll also be paid 18.64€ per day raw- which is not the best pay ever, but pretty sweet considering the nature of the job and all the perks Smiley  If you have the BAFA though, it goes up to 31€ a day.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

And if you're interested by the job, just shoot me a private message (English or French) so we can chat and see what you could bring.

Thanks for reading!  Gentleman
Indievelopper
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 06:56:04 AM »

french but under 20, sorry.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic