Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411421 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 08:54:45 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadUnpaid WorkArtist looking for a good time
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Artist looking for a good time  (Read 1587 times)
SCIBOTIC
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 16, 2010, 11:47:15 PM »

I'm interested in filling out my portfolio with 2d sprites of an illustrative style, so I'm currently looking for a developer to collaborate with that will let me show off and have fun.

Just so you know what to expect, being more a fan of adventure and action in general I typically find turn-based games boring. I prefer working in high-res, roughing out most of the assets with place-holders before going in and replacing it with final art. I can do illustrations, concept art, backgrounds, characters and props but tiles give me grief. I run both Windows and Linux, so cross-platform games gets definite bias.

I want to complete this project, so I'll be giving preference to games that have progressed past being mere ideas and even more preference to developers with a proven track-record. Bonus points if it's short, simple or you have enough time to push this along quickly. I will accept both free and commercial projects, but I would like to be compensated for the latter once it becomes apparent that things are working out.

I've put some sketches here so you have some idea of what I can do: http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/2038725/1/TIG?h=644120

You don't have to meet all the criteria, I just wanted to be up front about what I'm into...

Thank you for your consideration!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 05:31:50 PM by SCIBOTIC » Logged
Relix
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 01:40:14 AM »

Let's see...

I do need pixel artist and I'm in progress of making an action adventure game, though I must say that it will probally take a long time for me to finish due to massive school projects. I already have basic functionality coded as well somekind level editor.

My friend who uses Linux, promised to port the final game into it, provided that I can complete it. This project has passed the mere idea mark long time ago, but I work really slow during the school year, for the above reason. So if you were to cooperate with me, I'm mostly coding my own stuff in summer. It's simple, but I'm not sure about the length, I'm expecting fourt to five hours of game time with everything done.

It will be released for free, the only thing hindering me is my own un-artistic abilities and school work.

If you're interested, look at here: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=11145.0

Cheers;

Zoglu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 04:20:20 AM »

Hello, I'm looking for a pixel artist Wink

The game I'm working on is a small Flash browser game. Most of the coding and game design work is already done and I have a lot of spare time to finish the game.
I'm planning to distribute the game everywhere I can when it's finished, and maybe earn some money thanks to ads. Of course if I earn something, you'll get some money too  Wink

For more information, check the project topic here : http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=12241.0
Or have a look at my website (which only shows a small part of my works) : heep://www.zoglu.net
Or try the current version of the game : http://www.zoglu.net/online/SnakeDefender.html
SCIBOTIC
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 06:44:27 AM »

Zoglu, Looks good! Sent you a PM.

Relix, It's hard to tell what you're aiming for in your project at this stage, have you fleshed out any of the puzzles or action yet?
Relix
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 08:22:58 AM »

Fleshed as in already implented or fleshed as in I know what I'm going to do? In any case, the latter. Like I said, I have most of the stuff already planned, but school works doesn't leave me with much free time (I'm supposed to be writing essays right now even) and it's also a great motivation killer. As soon I get to summer break, I can start working on this again.

So, the answer would be: No, not yet - unless you count all the small documents or scethes I have done along with a basic platforming. I do realise I might have asked too soon or I'm hoping for too much, but I just figured I could ask a month or two in advange.

Of course, I could use my own crappy art until I manage to code all the basic actions in and then ask again.

SCIBOTIC
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 09:33:45 AM »

Honestly it's a better idea that you use placeholders for the time being, your game will be going through a whole lot of changes and completed art won't make sorting out the gameplay any easier. I'll be happy to take another look at your project again when you're ready, assuming I'm still around of course. Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic