Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 10:12:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsVGNGMOWN (aka: Morbidly Obese Workout maN) ***DONE***
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: MOWN (aka: Morbidly Obese Workout maN) ***DONE***  (Read 23066 times)
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2008, 04:38:55 PM »

There's a lot to like about the game. The concept's fun and original, the art's charming, and the game plays pretty well. My only major criticism is that there isn't enough jumping involved. Generally, it's much easier to fall to your destination, which makes the game seem less like 'Morbidly Obese Workout Man' and more like 'Morbidly Obese Skydiving Academy'.

ravuya
Level 7

Yip yip yip yip yip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2008, 08:06:09 PM »

Are there some kind of "keywords" I should look out for when recruiting a personal trainer to make sure I don't end up with the extreme variety?

I'm suspecting I shouldn't hire anyone named Togo.

can-o-spam
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2008, 02:21:53 PM »

Well, I've got pretty much everything in place now. Title screens, death scenes, etc.

The only thing remaining is the sound. I just can't get Flash to behave the way I need it to. It seems that changing the volume of one sound at runtime, changes the volume of all the sounds currently playing. Even those simply placed on the time line of a different movie clip?

Argh. We'll see what I get worked out, but in the end I might just rip out all the sound and release it.

Look for a final update in the next 12 hours or so.

Thanks for watching!
can-o-spam
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2008, 05:02:36 PM »

Done. Not complete, but done. There are a lot of little things I wanted to add, but no use crying about it. I just hope I'm in under the deadline, what with timezones and all that.

I just haven't had time to beat Flash into shape and make it do what I want with the sounds. (I'm in the last 3 weeks of my MFA, so free time is short.) This means that there are only a few simple effects, and no music.

But, the game is playable! There is even code in place in case you win. But you won't. :D

I'll put the download link here, and in the 1st post. (Win and OSX versions are in the .ZIP)

Hope you all enjoy it, and please leave a message if you play!
Golds
Loves Juno
Level 10

Juno sucks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2008, 02:12:39 AM »

Haha, I had fun with this.  I love the wheezing and the balance you have to manage due to your unhealthy lifestyle.

@doomlaser, mark johns
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2008, 03:02:06 PM »

Hehe. This one had me chuckling. It definately has the best death sequance out of all the entries. Good stuff.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic