Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411506 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 10:43:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesMarvel vs Capcom 3
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 39
Print
Author Topic: Marvel vs Capcom 3  (Read 93076 times)
The_Flying_Dove
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2010, 10:44:49 AM »

I've realized something about myself recently, and that is the fact that I am no longer interested in games that are created as entertainment. Wasting hours and hours of my life everyday, when I can go ahead and learn more about how to manage my personal finance properly, what I can do for others, and how I can improve myself. A lot of great, long-term opportunities are, as a result, avoided. My primary focus will be on games that are serious ones (anything as a simulation that is meant to educate others, like a real space flight simulator, a business simulator, a documentary-styled game, or even a political one) and strategy/tactics games, which are more consciously-driven rather than hand-eye coordination-driven, making them closer to simulators than to every other genre of games.

"No one is to be called an enemy, all are your benefactors, and no one does you harm. You have no enemy except yourselves." - St. Francis of Assisi
The Monster King
Level 10

FRKUC im ALWAYS ANGRY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnerd

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2010, 11:12:56 AM »

sounds like you have no friends that play games with you old person because when you're playing a fighting game with friends it is real, it is more than "entertainment" it becomes about winning and saying OH YEAH YOU CAN DO THIS NOW WELL WATCH THIS BITCH 99 hit combo 99% of your life and it is good looking too

yeah i'm kinda disappointed that there is both a resident evil guy and a frank west (you have a pistol too!???) but i guess frank west is less serious so its ok.

if there should be anything else from resident evil it should be one of the tyrants, not a third guy(or girl whatev) with a pistol.

the other reveals are cool stuff i guess Captain America better still have Final Justice!
Ouren
Enjoyed Some Pizza!
Level 7

Poppy Works

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2010, 11:30:56 AM »

The 30~ character roster is disappointing to me.  Droop

jrjellybeans
Level 3

They're All Gonna Laugh At You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2010, 12:51:57 PM »

This is awesome. 

Capcom is really making some awesome fighters these days.

gunmaggot
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2010, 01:03:50 PM »

The 30~ character roster is disappointing to me.  :droop:

It is, if only because it guarantees that almost none of my favourites are going to make it in, and reduces the likelihood of a ton of wtf selections.  Bye Amingo, Shuma Gorath, Son Son etc. :(
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2010, 01:32:40 PM »

trying too hard to be epic

Word on the street is Cave Story will be in it.
All I know is Maximo, PowerStone and Forgotten Worlds are awesome.

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2010, 01:48:03 PM »

Yeah this looks crazy.
Would be even crazier if they throw in Disney characters

Dibs on the Genie.

I'm pretty stoked for this. I still think the best one of the series was X-Men vs Street Fighter, but I still love the insanity that ensues in these games. Definitely hope that Deadpool rumor pans out also!! Chances are high what with him getting his own movie and new found resurgence of popularity he's been getting.
Let's hope that Deadpool is in the game and that Ryan Reynolds never dresses up as him ever again.

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
undertech
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2010, 02:12:56 PM »

• Living Comic Book Art Style: See the most adored characters from the Capcom and Marvel universes brought to life in a “moving comic” style, blurring the boundaries between 2D and 3D graphics.

At first I thought this was just going to be SF4 style graphics with different characters, but this bullet point has me intrigued.
John Nesky
Level 10

aka shaktool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2010, 02:22:34 PM »

Yeah, try freeze-framing the trailer during closeups. The shading and details are interesting. Especially the last scene with Chris Redfield pointing the gun at the Hulk.
Kramlack
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2010, 02:29:56 PM »

Character art is apparently in game renders. Mind blown.
John Nesky
Level 10

aka shaktool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2010, 02:32:18 PM »

I am skeptical. The picture of Morrigan has way more cleavage than the one in the video.

Corny Laugh
Chris Z
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2010, 02:33:26 PM »

I am very cautious of this sequel.  The producer on this game was responsible for TvC which many consider an insanely dumbed down vs. game.  What maintained MvC2's popularity for this long (after the initial "whoa i can play as spiderman") was the consistently active higher level competitive scene, which will ignore this game if it's anything like TvC.  That's where the "decade of demand" line comes from.

Contrary
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2010, 02:37:00 PM »

Dan better be in it. SAIKYO!!!
The Monster King
Level 10

FRKUC im ALWAYS ANGRY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnerd

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2010, 05:26:07 PM »

I am very cautious of this sequel.  The producer on this game was responsible for TvC which many consider an insanely dumbed down vs. game.  What maintained MvC2's popularity for this long (after the initial "whoa i can play as spiderman") was the consistently active higher level competitive scene, which will ignore this game if it's anything like TvC.  That's where the "decade of demand" line comes from.

marvel vs capcom 2's vs scene is a huge joke though there are like 6.5 characters used competitively
Chris Z
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2010, 06:02:24 PM »

The scene is definitely not a joke, it's pretty huge although it's declined in the last couple years and since SFIV came out.  If you're referring to the small amount of tournament worthy characters then yea that's ridiculous, but that's what happens when a game gets played extensively for that long.  In any case, the individual teams are more like the "characters" in the game.  Even lower tier characters are powerful on certain teams and you play certain characters differently depending on the team as well.

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2010, 06:07:35 PM »

this is how sf4 looked in the trailer. those were in-game graphics too, supposedly. they changed it to make it less stylish when it was released.

Chris Z
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2010, 06:14:47 PM »

this is how sf4 looked in the trailer. those were in-game graphics too, supposedly. they changed it to make it less stylish when it was released.

You're right about SF4 but this new technique looks doable in realtime based on the character art posted.  To emulate the heavy comic book inking it looks like they're rendering black if the light calculation falls under a certain threshold.  Probably not that simple although I imagine it's similar to cel shading but using the light vector instead of the eye vector for edge detection.  Mad World did something similar but with edge detection and only black/white.

John Nesky
Level 10

aka shaktool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2010, 06:27:13 PM »

Mad World did something similar but with edge detection and only black/white.

Not really. Most the shading in MadWorld was painted on as a static texture and had nothing to do with lighting effects.

That said, Capcom has a bunch of experience with flat shading effects.
shig
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2010, 06:35:23 PM »

I like it how, apparently, the Capcom roster won't be Ryu, Blonde Ryu, Tanned and Evil Ryu and pink wearing funny Ryu.
Chris Z
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2010, 06:41:34 PM »

Mad World did something similar but with edge detection and only black/white.

Not really. Most the shading in MadWorld was painted on as a static texture and had nothing to do with lighting effects.

That said, Capcom has a bunch of experience with flat shading effects.

Ah ok, I was just speculating.  That's actually a lot more efficient but probably looks bad as you get closer to the characters without insanely high-res textures.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 39
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic