Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 09:28:07 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesMarvel vs Capcom 3
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39
Print
Author Topic: Marvel vs Capcom 3  (Read 92638 times)
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #740 on: March 22, 2011, 02:17:48 PM »

theres Literally no reason to ever play single player.

i play on 360, and my favourite single character is probably wolverine. i mostly play wolvy/sent/hulk because hulk is The Real Sentinel and wolverine + drones is gruesome. i also switch in skrull, spencer, wesker, chris, doom and zero when i feel like it.

with sent's health nerf drones assist isn't so safe anymore so i'm probably gonna put hulk in second and pick another anchor (probably doom w/ hidden missiles but spencer has retarded comeback ability)
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #741 on: March 22, 2011, 02:20:37 PM »

congrats to all of you shitty idiots who couldnt be bothered to put half an hour into training mode to learn how to fight sentinel

spoken like a true sentinel player
that's the thing though. what really made people mad about sentinel (armoured normals, level 3 x factor) hasn't been addressed. it sets a really bad precedent to make a kneejerk change this quick on top of which bad players are still gonna get mauled by sentinel.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #742 on: March 22, 2011, 02:25:18 PM »

I generally do Hulk/She-Hulk/Dante to fit my playstyle (rushdown). Hulk is the bomb but he's so slow, so keep-away is the main way people seem to counter me.

I think the Sentinel nerf will be adjusted as more feedback is given, but it's a step in the right direction. He did need a health or damage nerf (and got a health nerf), and preferably some changes to his armor (which, unfortunately, he didn't get). The 3XF isn't so much of an issue on him because any character is hella great with 3XF, except maybe Phoenix. Hulk's 3XF + Crush can kill an entire enemy team if they are in crossover combo, for example.

Edit: Does Ammy's down beads assist anchor?
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #743 on: March 22, 2011, 02:30:35 PM »

his health was fine because he gets opened up so easily by overheads by everybody and has some stunningly bad matchups like ammy. what they really needed to do was make level 1 x factor a combo cancel, change level 2 to level 1, and change level 3 to level 2.

sentinel plateaud immediately and everybody who is going to play the game for longer than 3 months learned how to fight against him. this isn't an mmorpg and you shouldn't just go screwing with balance willy nilly.
Dustin Smith
Level 10

Eskimo James Dean

View Profile WWW
« Reply #744 on: March 22, 2011, 03:36:06 PM »

i take back what i said about wolvey, he's a beast.

i'm running wolvey/haggar/zero, but as much as it pains me to do so it looks like i need to swap out zero. nostalgia-wise, nothing beats playing as him in black armor (X5 for the victory) but he's my weakest character at the moment. arthur is still a pain to play as but i really want to learn him. super skrull and spidey are both getting some action too.

and i guess the people i play against suck, because i've developed a trick or two against the prevalent sentinels.

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: March 22, 2011, 03:53:42 PM »

zero is great but his health makes him a liability, especially as your anchor. haggar's assist is great for keeping people off you but you need an assist to help you get in. i'd recommend hulk gamma wave or sentinel drones, gamma wave otgs so you can extend your wolverine combos. also hulk gets a ridiculous 230% damage boost in level 3 x factor so he's kinda handy to have in your pocket.
Dustin Smith
Level 10

Eskimo James Dean

View Profile WWW
« Reply #746 on: March 22, 2011, 05:08:14 PM »

thanks again for the advice, i'll give hulk a shot. if it weren't for shitty internet i'd love to play you guys online.

Drum
« Reply #747 on: March 22, 2011, 05:11:15 PM »

Wish they'd done something more interesting than just reduce Sentinel's health - make it so he doesn't gain health when he's on the bench or something.
Do not agree that he didn't need a nerf though - not because he's unbalanced or overpowered, just that's he's too much of a swiss army knife and shows up too often in matches.  This compounded by the fact he's a bad matchup for some fun characters and is not all that fun to fight even if you are demolishing him.
jwk5
« Reply #748 on: March 23, 2011, 02:10:53 AM »

I like getting the endings etc., though the ones in MvC3 pretty much have bare minimum effort put into them, but still! Actually, the little profile pages you get for beating the game with each character are a lot more interesting than the endings are.
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #749 on: March 23, 2011, 04:26:12 AM »

Also on that note... isn't Sentinel one of the characters you have to unlock by beating Single-Player mode? Who, Me?

Sentinel scrubs are what teleporters and beam-whores are for. I'll tell ya who needs a nerf, and that's WESKER. >.<

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #750 on: March 23, 2011, 04:54:17 AM »

thanks again for the advice, i'll give hulk a shot. if it weren't for shitty internet i'd love to play you guys online.
hulk has a terrible time getting in without assists so use sentinel instead if you want an easier time on your last dude. but hulk is great.
jwk5
« Reply #751 on: March 23, 2011, 04:55:14 AM »

Also on that note... isn't Sentinel one of the characters you have to unlock by beating Single-Player mode? Who, Me?

Sentinel scrubs are what teleporters and beam-whores are for. I'll tell ya who needs a nerf, and that's WESKER. >.<
No, you just have to have X number of player points which you can get in any mode (single player, multiplayer, online or off).

Also, Spencer's background music is awesome (the Bionic Commando NES 1st level theme remixed), too bad the character looks doofy as fuck.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #752 on: April 09, 2011, 02:23:30 PM »

oh my god i just picked up spencer again and spent like 5 hours in training mode and hes a monster. you can 100% any character in the game with level 1 x factor.
battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #753 on: April 09, 2011, 02:29:55 PM »

oh my god i just picked up spencer again and spent like 5 hours in training mode and hes a monster. you can 100% any character in the game with level 1 x factor.
BIONIC ARRRRRRRRRM
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #754 on: April 09, 2011, 04:33:59 PM »

also the guy who plays spencer is the brother in law of a friend of mine. spencer owns. play as spencer. i removed sentinel from my team so now i have more trouble getting in but once i get in if i land a single hit as spencer any character is dead. Play As Spencer.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #755 on: April 09, 2011, 04:44:10 PM »

make a vid plz!

The Monster King
Level 10

FRKUC im ALWAYS ANGRY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnerd

View Profile
« Reply #756 on: April 09, 2011, 11:11:47 PM »

yeah spencer is lovable
teach us combos superb joe
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #757 on: April 10, 2011, 11:42:31 AM »

i recorded some stuff but it was a pain in the ass to sit through and find the cool bits and then i accidentally deleted the folder the videos were in before i rendered it and couldn't recover a bunch of them. so this is all there is right now. these are both x factor level 1:

first combo: L M H xx BIONIC ARM xfc L M H S ^ M M H S v tiger knee M grapple S QCF+S xx super

if you fucked up and missed a hit somewhere you can otg grapple after the final super for more damage, the combo uses 2 meters but you build one and a half

i recorded a bunch of raw bionic arm combo setups that did more damage than this one but whatever:

BIONIC ARM xfc L M H S ^ M M H S v hulk assist M H S ^ M M H S v tiger knee grapple then one in mid air
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #758 on: April 10, 2011, 11:50:33 AM »

oh also people keep saying that you can link armour piercer off of his f+H overhead. thats not strictly true, because you can actually mash it out. give it a try
The Monster King
Level 10

FRKUC im ALWAYS ANGRY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnerd

View Profile
« Reply #759 on: April 10, 2011, 12:21:59 PM »

do you have some nice non-x factor bnbs? the only non boring i was able to pull off involved being at a very specific distance from the wall and armor piercer
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic