Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 12:18:09 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsVGNG8-bit Gun Tales *Demo Finished, download on first page.*
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: 8-bit Gun Tales *Demo Finished, download on first page.*  (Read 26441 times)
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2008, 12:43:35 PM »

The nose grab is an interesting mechanic, but like you mentioned prone to collision errors. At one point I was nose-grabing and turned around to flee a driod following me but I got stuck inside the platform.

For a very first game using an unregistered version of GM it's pretty awesome. This is the kind of stuff you should polish the graphics on and show people in order to get coders to make more advanced games with your awesome pixeling skills. Smiley

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
threesided
Pixelhead
Level 5

derp.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2008, 12:48:41 PM »

The nose grab is an interesting mechanic, but like you mentioned prone to collision errors. At one point I was nose-grabing and turned around to flee a driod following me but I got stuck inside the platform.

For a very first game using an unregistered version of GM it's pretty awesome. This is the kind of stuff you should polish the graphics on and show people in order to get coders to make more advanced games with your awesome pixeling skills. Smiley

Yeah, when I get more time this summer, I'm definitely going to revamp some of the graphics. By the time I was done the demo, I hated how empty it looked. It needs to feel more full and factory-ish.

I don't have time now though since I'm in the thick of exam and essay season at university. But one day!
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2008, 03:30:44 PM »

Wow! This one took me by surprise. It's an excellent entry. It has a very expansive feel to the levels. I almost felt like I could go on indefinately without hitting the end of the level. A lot has been said about the 'barrel ledge grab' so I'll just add that I liked it too. I definately think you should finish this game off. Add a bit more polish, more story, more enemy types. Good stuff.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic