Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 01:02:20 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsClean Up Crew: The Hidden Heroes
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Clean Up Crew: The Hidden Heroes  (Read 2202 times)
prof
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 23, 2010, 03:19:39 AM »

Hello. I am currently a member of a team that in 10 weeks are developing a game. It is a school project so i hope it is okay to post about it here.

From the (inactive) blog:
Clean Up Crew is a fast paced Co-op puzzle game developed by 13 students from Skövde University. We're making this game in educational purpose as we all study game development in one way or another.

We plan to have a complete game within ten weeks and today is already the third day of development so we have a lot to do. The project group consists of four subgroups, one for each department. Art, Design, Software Engineering and Sound Engineering.

More about the game itself. Have you ever wondered what happens when the Super Heroes are done playing? When SuperAwesomeMuscleMan is done with his epic Battle against SuperAwesomeMuscleVillain who cleans up what used to be the city center? This is the game that salutes the unsung heroes of everyday life, the cleaners! The game centers around a dysfunctional cleaning crew called “The Clean Up Crew”. As player you control one of four available characters or team-up with a friend in Co-op mode. Together you have to solve compelling puzzles and task as fast as possible without damaging the environment. To make cleaning a little bit more interesting you have a gravity tool at your disposal. This tool makes it possible to lift, push, pull and throw huge objects. All members are also equipped with gravity spheres which are used to stick objects together.

I will try to get some better video/images on the models.
The game is developed in XNA for PC with the help of physics library "JigLibX". We are 3 programmers, 4 designers, 5 graphic-artists and 1 sound-guy. And We are in on our 4th week now and finally some okay gameplay has been implemented.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Clean-Up-Crew/110825855609917

Here is a video for you:

Update video:

And some concept art:

« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 09:10:39 AM by prof » Logged
Rob Lach
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 03:46:57 AM »

Did i just watch a video of a hand-held recording of someone playing a video on another monitor?

Edit: Actually, it looks more like a video of a video of a hand-held recording.

William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 04:01:41 AM »

That video was bizarre, it seems like you already had the video footage on the computer so why did you record it again with a camcorder? argh

But - I really like the idea of this game, and the concept art is awesome. I'll be looking forward to this.

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 04:34:13 AM »

Probably doesn't want a high quality version of the video online yet. Looks good from what I saw, in fact all of it looks great. I like the idea, the quality of art, and the in game look from the vid-vid-vid. MOAR!

prof
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 05:10:49 AM »

Don't blame me for the video. It was the designers who recorded it maybe to get a feeling of "leaked" footage hehe. Problably some intern-school humour (spelled that wrong?). The recording was not so much planned either.

I might capture a non handheld video for you guys later.

And the video is a .. Video of a video of a recording from a cellphone when our lead programmer is playing Smiley
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 05:18:42 AM by prof » Logged
JackieJay
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 06:22:38 AM »

Why is this here ? This should go the devlogs/announcements section.
Love the art btw  Hand Thumbs Up LeftGrin

prof
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 07:02:13 AM »

Why is this here ? This should go the devlogs/announcements section.
Love the art btw  Hand Thumbs Up LeftGrin
"It is a school project so i hope it is okay to post about it here." = i did not really know where to put it.

But someone could move it Smiley
prof
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 09:11:14 AM »

Here is an slightly better looking video. Just recorded it. The framerate on the video is wierd, it runs smoothly on my computer. Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic