Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411517 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 11:36:10 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingCONS: playable alpha of action game for Windows, Mac (intel), and Linux
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: CONS: playable alpha of action game for Windows, Mac (intel), and Linux  (Read 920 times)
dto1138
« on: April 25, 2010, 07:30:06 AM »

I'm pleased to release a playable alpha of my new game CONS. The game concept in a nutshell:

Explore and eventually destroy an alien starbase of unknown purpose. The player is composed of several square 16x16 pixel pieces whose movements follow one another like a centipede. At the start of the game, there is the "agent", i.e. the head of the snake, and three segments. Each body segment is one inventory slot; adding body segments upgrades one's inventory, but since segments are also susceptible to enemy fire, these upgrades also increase your vulnerability.

Here is the page link, with all download/install info for Windows, Mac (intel) and Linux.
Please note that some compatibility problems have been reported for 64-bit Windows.

http://dto.github.com/notebook/cons.html

Here are some screenshots.

Comments, questions, and feedback would be greatly appreciated. Although CONS is in a slightly rough state, it's quite playable.

David

- By the way, my general games page is http://dto.github.com/notebook/games.html
increpare
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 04:08:00 PM »

Oh hello! I remember seeing this game before : )

It feels pretty solid, actually.  I like the music.

I would like fullscreen.

Yes, playing a couple of more areas.  I like this game.   Works fine on XP for me on my laptop.
dto1138
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 04:11:10 PM »

Cool, thanks for your comments. Smiley

To get fullscreen, you need to set up an options file. It should contain (at least) the following line:

(setf xe2:*fullscreen* t)

And that should go in the plain text file HOME/.xe2rc

Yes the filename begins with a period, and HOME differs by platform. On unix it's /home/yourname, windows usually C:\Users\Yourname, and on mac /Users/Yourname i think. Let me know if you have any trouble, you can visit irc.freenode.org#lispgames, I am "dto" on there.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic