Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411510 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

April 30, 2024, 06:54:44 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsTIGVan: CANADA 2010
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Print
Author Topic: TIGVan: CANADA 2010  (Read 22539 times)
FrankieSmileShow
Level 6

OOOOOH! >:O

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2010, 07:08:09 PM »

Hot damn, when is the tigvan in Montreal?
I'm definitely gonna be joining up with the two Renauds and nihilocrat and whoever else lives near there!

weasello
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2010, 10:41:31 AM »

Aw Sad No edmontoners got back to me, so looks like I missed out on the Monday meet. I'm now in NORTH BATTLEFORD and will be heading in the direction of Saskatoon today, then Eastbound from there. Will probably be in Winnipeg in 3-4 days!

IndieElite4Eva
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2010, 10:43:58 AM »

Approx, when do you think you are rollin' into Ottawa?

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
weasello
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2010, 10:51:33 AM »

I'll probably enter Ontario in 5-10 days, but hitting individual cities is hard to figure out at this point. There's several family members and friends to visit, then the Toronto gamedev crowd; then guys like you! It's by far the busiest province. I'm going to guesstimate 12-20 days from now. Smiley

I'll refine things as we go!

IndieElite4Eva
aeiowu
Level 10

Greg Wohlwend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2010, 11:01:41 AM »

where you gonna be on June 5th? We're having a game jam in des moines. If you can't make TIGJam: Winnipeg, maybe you can make it to Iowa then?

weasello
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2010, 11:08:08 AM »

June 5th? I'll keep it in mind! It really depends on how many interesting attractions there are per mile of road between here and there. And Des Moines is on my "return trip" schedule which flows at a very different pace. I'll keep you updated!

IndieElite4Eva
team_q
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2010, 11:12:11 AM »

Rock and Roll, I was wondering because the Winnipeg jam is the weekend of the 29th, and I'm totally going to be in Winnipeg at that time.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Nava
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2010, 12:58:40 PM »

If you get into the peg on Saturday, we have a function that we are attending with Alec's family.... but if you get in on Sunday, we will gladly meet up with you :D
KM
Level 9

KM "Shilling for CASH!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2010, 01:24:06 PM »

Wow, North battleford to Winnipeg in 3-4 days? o_O; Must be taking a lot of detours. I usually make the trip from Manitoba to Edmonton in less than a day. Then again, I've done it about a dozen times.

weasello
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2010, 06:10:18 AM »

Thanks for the offer nava! We will probably take you up on that on Sunday. We should get in touch via email.

But yes, we are taking just about every detour there is.... and avoiding all major highways. Google maps says the whole country can be done in two days.. but that's not very fun, and we have nearly 3 months. Smiley

IndieElite4Eva
KM
Level 9

KM "Shilling for CASH!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2010, 10:18:07 AM »

I don't see how you could do the whole country in two days as it take about 10 hours to cross any given province in the west. And there's the wide provinces of Ontario and Quebec. Yeah, can't really see it being done. :/ But oh well, those maps are wrong anyway, they even tell people to turn into lakes instead of roads. D:

Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2010, 10:26:32 AM »

I don't see how you could do the whole country in two days as it take about 10 hours to cross any given province in the west. And there's the wide provinces of Ontario and Quebec. Yeah, can't really see it being done. :/ But oh well, those maps are wrong anyway, they even tell people to turn into lakes instead of roads. D:

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
team_q
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2010, 10:32:25 AM »

Having Driven accross the country before, if you go for a straight shot, it's about 45-50 hours or so from Seattle to Toronto, and about 20 or so, Toronto to PEI

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Nava
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2010, 10:09:08 PM »

TIGVan visits Winnipeg! Beers and good times are had:

Thanks for stopping by, Andy and Aubrey! We had a great time  Beer!
RabTom
Level 0

Programmer Extrodinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2010, 05:04:04 AM »

Don't forget the Golden Boy! (Talking about the statue not Alec Big Laff) Sorry I missed out on the beer Hand Thumbs Down Left
aeiowu
Level 10

Greg Wohlwend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2010, 07:32:47 AM »

what are we drinking there? an IPA of some sort i trust...

weasello
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2010, 08:45:09 PM »

We had two local sampler packs (Fort Garry and Half Pint), one of which included an IPA, yes. Smiley

Super awesome thanks to Alec and Nava for their hospitality and showing us the "seedy side" of town. Also, golden boy! wooooo. I like how he's "running towards prosperity" (north).

We're leaving Winnipeg tomorrow, and heading out through the northeast highway out of Manitoba (not the #1 but the other one just north of it). We miiight just hit Thunder Bay tomorrow if we're lucky! You Ontarians better PREPARE. The waves of my arrival might flood Ottowa.

Also: Manitoba is #1 suckiest province ever when it comes to tourism. Everything is closed for the season/day/time we arrive, and half the "attractions" have shiny new highway signs but have been actually visited so infrequently that the info signs are sunbleached pure white and the attractions themselves are so overgrown with bush you can't actually see them.

Also, I've been seeing a lot of wildlife on this trip, for the first time. I saw my first mountain goats in the rockies, the first bison in Alberta, my first Elk in Saskatchewan, and for the first time ever, I've seen ticks in Manitoba. Thanks, Manitoba. I'll never forget the veritable herd of a half-dozen ticks marching up my bare, shorts-wearing leg, towards my nether regions.

IndieElite4Eva
Nava
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2010, 09:36:24 PM »

I'll never forget the veritable herd of a half-dozen ticks marching up my bare, shorts-wearing leg, towards my nether regions.

Shocked
I'm sorry we missed that.
And yeah, our tourism industry is not really booming.
KM
Level 9

KM "Shilling for CASH!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2010, 10:48:19 AM »

I'll never forget the veritable herd of a half-dozen ticks marching up my bare, shorts-wearing leg, towards my nether regions.

Shocked
I'm sorry we missed that.
And yeah, our tourism industry is not really booming.

Uhhg, tell me about it. My fiancee works with animals all day and she brings these bastards home with her. Funny thing is, I've never saw a single tick in Alberta. Weird.

And yeah, tourism, not much of that in my area...

sugarbeard
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2010, 11:35:59 AM »

The waves of my arrival might flood Ottowa.

I believe it is YOU good sir who will need to prepare for Ottawa! The Dirty Rectangles crew is getting right ready for your arrival. Hope you like russian beer!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic