Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411503 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 03:48:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid WorkKeen Software House Recruiting!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Keen Software House Recruiting!  (Read 3896 times)
iHenk
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: April 27, 2010, 06:54:00 AM »

Team name:
Keen Software House ltd.

Project name:
Miner Wars

Brief Description:
Any person interested in game development is welcome to come and discuss with us their possible project participation. The studio will value the willingness to participate as the No.1 factor for acceptance. The studio welcomes any people who have tried to make their own Indie game in the past or are just eager to start and gain some experience.

Brief description:
‘Miner Wars is a 6DOF underground and space shooter played in a fully destructible environment and is a combination of single player story game and MMO.

As a player, you operate an advanced mining ship in an open world asteroid belt area. You dig kilometers of tunnels, harvest the ore, travel the solar system, fight your enemies and discover mysterious alien secrets.

Game play is led by an epic story and is a combination of a single/multi-player game, cooperative, or you against everyone.

The story will introduce you to many types of missions: rescue, exploration, revenge, base defense, theft, transportation, stealth, search and destroy, pure harvesting, racing or just flying around and destroying everything you see.

High quality rendering and special effects, realistic physics, unique 'destructible engine' and game area with no borders will make this game an experience that is out of this world.’

Target aim:
Commercial release through digital distribution Q4 2010. Perhaps even retail if the odds are in our favor!
PC and Xbox live arcade

Compensation:
When we start making money, we will leave something in company accounts (reserve fund), something will go to monthly expenses (server, software, etc), then maybe some salaries, and rest willl split among all devs according to their "time investment" or "contribution". But in the end, We all do believe in the ambition of this game, That's why we're going to deliver a Kickass game!

Technology:
VRage Engine – Voxel Rage Engine

Talent needed:

Programmers - Essential is the knowledge of object oriented programming, preferably C# and XNA (not mandatory)

"We are also looking for programmer who is willing to bring VRAGE rendering core to a new level by implementing deferred rendering, real HDR, depth of field, motion blur, advanced decals, realitme shadows, level of detail for voxels calculated in post-render pass"

3D Modelers - experience with any 3D modeling software like 3Ds MAX, modelers can start contributing their models in the game immediately. Experience with texturing the models is a big advantage.

Art & Graphics - the studio is essentially looking for anyone who wishes to contribute to the game with their own art or graphics style. Studio is especially interested in people with texture drawing experience.

Web designer - we are looking for a web-designer who will help us with making this site better.

Texturerers – We’re currently looking for people who know how to UVMapping and are willing to texture simple objects and other stuff in the game. (A lot)

Team structure:
The team currently exist out of 30 people all doing their part in the development process. I am responsible for the Community Marketing lead.

www.minerwars.com

Contacts:
If you're interested in our project and you would love to work with us. You can leave your application letter at the following E-mail Adress:
[email protected]

Previous Work by Team:
This is going to be our first Indie game.

Of course, We’re eager to hear what you think of this project. Feel free to leave a comment. I haven't got a good experience when it comes to adding pictures and videos in topics, So i suggest you should check out our website and see for yourself:)

Thank for your time!

Kind Regards,

Henk Bembom
Community Marketing lead
Keen Software House ltd.

www.minerwars.com
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 09:35:38 AM by iHenk » Logged

Community Marketing Lead
Keen Software House
iHenk
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 08:24:15 AM »

UPDATE: Our Musician team is full now.

Community Marketing Lead
Keen Software House
Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 02:04:13 PM »

Man, that trailer looks kick-ass! I love ships in space being dwarfed by huge objects! Hand Thumbs Up Left

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
iHenk
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 03:00:36 AM »

Man, that trailer looks kick-ass! I love ships in space being dwarfed by huge objects! Hand Thumbs Up Left

I'm glad you like it Beer!

UPDATE: Web designer - we are looking for a web-designer who will help us with making this site better.

Community Marketing Lead
Keen Software House
iHenk
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 02:52:20 AM »

UPDATE: We're currently actively looking for new programmers

Community Marketing Lead
Keen Software House
MrOrange
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 05:33:12 PM »

Don't have the qualifications to apply but I seriously can't wait to play it.  Hand Thumbs Up Right

For pickup artist openers, routines and more visit my blog http://www.puaintraining.com
Blindsight
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 12:56:51 AM »

Certainly looks like it's coming along guys. Lots of potential there. The trailer could use some work IMO. Drawn out in some areas (run silent is a good example) and doesn't show enough of the gameplay elements in a short enough time span.

If I had the time I think I'd really enjoy working on it. Good luck with it!

Chaos: It's the only system that works EVERY time.
iHenk
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 10:20:37 AM »

Hello guys! Thanks for the positive responds so far! The game is still in a heavy stage of development and alot is going to change in the future. The Silent run feature is as you probably noticed still in development, Like everything else you see in the latest trailer. This game is a indie game but we want this game to be that great that it is too big to be considered as a indie game!

I would like to let you guys know about the following update:

- Our team has grown from 17 developers to a number of 30.
- The programmer section has been updated with new information: "We are also looking for programmer who is willing to bring VRAGE rendering core to a new level by implementing deferred rendering, real HDR, depth of field, motion blur, advanced decals, realitme shadows, level of detail for voxels calculated in post-render pass"
- Also expect in the near future  that i will update the compensation section.

Also i would like to let you guys to know that we're eager to know what you guys think of this project, Feel free to leave a comment!

Thanks!

Community Marketing Lead
Keen Software House
iHenk
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2010, 09:39:01 AM »

Another Update!

Texturerers & Brief Desciption.

Community Marketing Lead
Keen Software House
Francesco D'Andrea
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2010, 01:57:38 AM »

Hi Henk and hi to everyone from the Keen company,

my name is Francesco D'Andrea, I work as videogame composer and sound designer.
I have read your announcement about Miner Wars on the Tigsource forum and I loved this project.

I have spent some time watching the videos and the screenshots, and I really liked the work done so far.
I would be really happy to collaborate in the music and FXs production. I already had some work experiences in both indie and professional game developments,
and I am currently looking for good and professional projects to build a larger portfolio and to have fun, so that would be perfect for me.
Here is the link of my website, with some of my past works:

http://www.francescodandrea.com/

I don't know if you already have your own audio department, but even in that case, I would like to join it.
If you are interested and think that I could be of help, feel free to ask me any information.
Keep up the good work and all the best!

Francesco

Videogame Composer & Sound Designer
http://francescodandrea.bandcamp.com/
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic