Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411433 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58418 Members - Latest Member: Pix_RolleR

April 20, 2024, 07:34:28 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingBushes, online 2p game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Bushes, online 2p game  (Read 7117 times)
jankoM
Level 0

Beat around the bushes

View Profile WWW
« on: March 16, 2007, 12:33:47 PM »

Hi, I made this game a while ago.. (nothing to download) its a browser based game (no need to register either) so you are very welcome to try it. It is fully playable but it's not yet "released" because ... lonnnger story....

here is the link: http://www.itmmetelko.com/webdemos/bushes/

it took 1 to 2 weeks to play one testing match (because it is non-real-time turn based game) with another person at easy pace (every day few turns). Testing was fun, only if I hadn't lost all 3 times. After few weeks of testing (I stopped having time) and colleague that helped me test it found another person to play with (and beat him too) and then he told me that his friend could not understand how turn passing at this game works... and that he would also like to see it the usual way (register, login) so he could get marks for all the matches he won, look at statistics and compare to the others. I liked that I made a more open and a little different way of passing turns and starting fight without any need to register or login but his arguments were smart to so I decided to ditch this and make register/login/profile... way.

Now am just about to start working on this again but I decided to post here before and see if I get any feedback of the old system from you before I remove it. maybe it still has some merits... or maybe I could do both... anyhow.. If you will try the game you are very welcome to tell me what you think.

current system of passing turns is very simple... you start a clean game (or continue on a turn with a turn Id you got from your opponent).  After you make all the moves in your turn you get a link or just the number which you can pass to your opponent via any way you want. Why I liked this... because the system is allmost nonexistant and does not assume anything.

You can play over email (you send a link, opponent clicks it and plays his turn and sends link back in few days).. you can play it allmost realtime over skype or phone (just telling/writing them the number) and so on. And if your opponent stops playing you can just send link to someone else and play with him further (if he wants to). Or you can play up to some point and send link to 5 people and play 5 games (like forks) from that point on... or you can play with yourself... and of course you don't have to register or login to play

... Do I win something for the most feedback threads now? I could post another one but I will rather spare you for later Wink

« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 12:43:20 PM by jankoM » Logged

jankoM
Level 0

Beat around the bushes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 03:31:03 AM »

No feedback? I gues I forgot to mention one potentially problematic 'system requirement'... you need to find someone to play with Smiley

I will be available after this week (now I have some urgent things still)... you will see... it's fun .. you get to eat mushrooms and catch *magic* snails to steal their magic... and beat enemy bushers with al that..

if you don't know how to play read some bible:
http://www.itmmetelko.com/webdemos/bushes/bushes_bible.php

Quote from: Bushes Mini Bible (mini edition)
Bushes tries to be minimal, direct and exact strategy game with rules that you can understand and remember in a minute. So that the real strategy is NOT in remembering the rules - but using them!
moreĀ»

So what do you do?
You beat your opponet around the bushes... eat mushrooms for energy... catch magic snails... and use that magic to beat yout opponent some more.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 03:38:46 AM by jankoM » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic