Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411485 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 06:21:43 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsVGNGMy First Skydiving Academy(FINISHED)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Print
Author Topic: My First Skydiving Academy(FINISHED)  (Read 83224 times)
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2008, 05:34:53 AM »

Anyone feel that the powerup is counter productive gameplay wise in its current form?  Sure the speed bonus will gain you a few extra seconds, but you usually faceplant, and the bone damage/point loss makes it worse.  Instead of speeding up loads, I might make it slower after a fair bit of feedback saying so (thanks matt o), and increase your fire radius allowing you to incinerate enemies with alot less effort, yes / no / maybe?

I will also add a bigass trophy for the win screen instead of a cut paste large star, which is lazy.

Saint
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2008, 05:48:19 AM »

Anyone feel that the powerup is counter productive gameplay wise in its current form?

Hmm, no, not really. I felt it was rather balanced, a good way to pass - though barely - a level even if you constantly hit the walls and never gain enough speed to kill the creatures. If it also makes it harder to get *really* high scores, then I say it's all for the better (that shouldn't be easy, after all).

Great game, by the way  Smiley
shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2008, 05:45:03 PM »

Yeah, I generally avoid them, but I think that they do add to the game in their current form - they're just very hard to utilise. I do incorporate one or two on my runs - especially in the first two levels - but mostly, I avoid them like the plague and go for the birdies. Smiley

olücæbelel
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2008, 05:49:49 PM »

Anyone feel that the powerup is counter productive gameplay wise in its current form?  Sure the speed bonus will gain you a few extra seconds, but you usually faceplant, and the bone damage/point loss makes it worse.  Instead of speeding up loads, I might make it slower after a fair bit of feedback saying so (thanks matt o), and increase your fire radius allowing you to incinerate enemies with alot less effort, yes / no / maybe?
I think that, as they are, they're kind of a pain. It would be cool if they increased your speed to the point where you caught fire, but no further.

TooMuchSpareTime
Level 3

Came for the VGNG comp, stayed for the other stuff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2008, 06:01:45 PM »

I found this game difficult to play, initially, because I was laughing so hard. It's just... so... great. XD

In the ice level, the baby got stuck on top of a rock and couldn't escape.
http://kepple.illemonati.com/rnd/babystuck.jpg (Just on the sharp edge of that cliff jutting out from the upper left.)
He just sat there wiggling but wouldn't budge, until the time ran out!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 06:03:21 PM by TooMuchSpareTime » Logged
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: March 19, 2008, 06:20:18 PM »

I found this game difficult to play, initially, because I was laughing so hard. It's just... so... great. XD

In the ice level, the baby got stuck on top of a rock and couldn't escape.
http://kepple.illemonati.com/rnd/babystuck.jpg (Just on the sharp edge of that cliff jutting out from the upper left.)
He just sat there wiggling but wouldn't budge, until the time ran out!

Yea thats one of the 2 bugs i plan to fix, but due to time it might not be possible before the end of the competition, rather after.  Ive limited the speed a little on the powerup, its still insanely fast, and it also increases your incineration range now and basicly enlarges the fireball effect, new build will be up some time today my time so check it out when its up, I also added trophies to replace the final star.

The powerup is now (i think) a little more friendly, but its still dangerious if you dont know the map that well, but reguardless you can pretty much own any flyers near you with little effort now when its on. EDIT:  Its up.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 09:09:28 PM by Farmergnome » Logged

Corpus
« Reply #86 on: March 20, 2008, 01:45:12 AM »

Aw, I liked the powerup as it was. It had a nice balance of benefit and increased danger, and required skill to handle. I'll have to try the new one.
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: March 20, 2008, 07:18:41 AM »

Hopefully its all good, see you lot some time after the 23-24thish, theres alot of good entries in this comp, as usual it was a kickass comp and I expect some kickass entries  Kiss  Realy good community going here, everyones respectful of the work for these competitions and the first time in my life I actually feel comfortable releasing stuff, so big thanks to the tigsource community and derek/admins for setting these challenges up, and again, even though mentioned in the credits, massive thanks to joel for the sfx, again on short notice, eric for the kickass feedback, and my mrs for putting up with me turning into a hermit for 20 odd days.

As far as if its finished or not, im going out on a limb and saying no, but for the purpose of the competition its done, but then, when is anything ever finished.

Oh, my tightass friends thought it was a good idea not to hire a guide for our WW trip, so if im not back around the 24th, im probably caught under a rock kickin it back in my watery grave, nice knowing yall.

cactus
Makeout King
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: March 20, 2008, 09:56:27 AM »

Awesome graphics, man, and cool gameplay! I liked the power-up the way it was. I only died twice when playing, and actually found the game too easy, so it was cool that there was a power-up that required skill to handle.

The only thing I would change is the menu for when you've finished a level. I found it weird that "Again" was preselected instead of "Next", and that "Next" was to the left of "Again" instead of right. (I accidentally replayed the first level after beating it, and then when I beat the second level, I accidentally went back to the menu instead of going to the next.)

Oh, and did I say that the graphics were awesome? Really slick style!  Kiss
Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 20, 2008, 10:06:14 AM »

Pretty fun game, though very easy (I only had to retry once, in the last level). My score was 527000.

Great job! Grin
Rolf_Soldaat
Level 0

Fast as lightning.

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 20, 2008, 12:17:06 PM »

This game is awesome.
Golds
Loves Juno
Level 10

Juno sucks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: March 20, 2008, 12:55:33 PM »

Really nice game, Farmergnome.  <3

@doomlaser, mark johns
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: March 20, 2008, 04:08:34 PM »

I uploaded a increased damage mod across the board, that should make it a lil more difficult, im off cyas.

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: March 24, 2008, 01:17:50 AM »

I have returned, and Updated with a few bugs and menu changes thanks to the daily click peoples for finding that, good huntin Smiley

raelz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 26, 2008, 10:33:10 AM »

Definately the sexiest game from the comp Smiley
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 28, 2008, 08:47:48 PM »

Awesome, awesome, AWESOME!

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: March 28, 2008, 08:53:52 PM »

man, I really enjoyed taking part in this, thanks for letting me help out.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

A master of karate and friendship for everyone.

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 31, 2008, 10:29:09 AM »

Fantastic!

I think I laughed the entire time I was playing this game. Such a brilliant, macabre idea. Silhouette graphics are maybe becoming a touch overused, but given the time constraints and all, I don't think I can fault you for that.

Excellent graphics and gameplay.

Formerly "I Like Cake."
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: March 31, 2008, 03:26:16 PM »

Cheerio, I still want to make some levels, maybe a full version well see, maybe even remove some of the silhouetted look by actually spending a decent amount of time doing the graphics, but,  I think i need to get my cash on, thinking about starting a stock model site or something first, try n rake in some income so I can sit around n make games all day for free, because 9-5 doesn't agree with me.

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 03, 2008, 11:08:33 AM »

Adding to my previous (very accurate) statement, this is the first competition game I said "I have to vote for this one" while playing.

Hilarious, addictive, charming, and impressive for the short ammount of time.

Congratulations my good sir.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic