Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411516 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 05:41:56 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)Gamer Maker Character Creation
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Gamer Maker Character Creation  (Read 1020 times)
givecake
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 29, 2010, 07:57:01 PM »

Hi all,
This is total noob question. But I have no pride or dignity so I can post easily (except pride about having no pride). I want to make a char, and set the different walking sprites for each direction (up,down,left,right) but.. as I was experimenting I realised I might need to create and destroy instances of each object (with it's own sprite animation) to get this to work. I was thinking though.. there might be a better way, as the codes you apply to one object, you'd have to apply to all, and I noticed that some child-parent objects don't inherit stuff perfectly, for example MOVE CODE! I put move code on a parent and the child had problem moving diagonally! Well, any help with a tiny tutorial on making a complete moveable char in all directions would be great, thanks.
I realise it's kinda messy request, if willing to help but missing something, please poke and I'll clarify.
Thanks, Robin
Skofo
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 08:10:54 PM »

The treasure.gmk example that comes with Game Maker 8 should help ya out. Smiley

If you wish to make a video game from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 04:09:38 AM »

Don't use different objects.
Use one object and different sprites.

givecake
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 06:32:39 AM »

Thankye kindly. Ninja
Pages: [1]