Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411804 Posts in 69416 Topics- by 58462 Members - Latest Member: Moko1910

May 28, 2024, 10:12:55 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsLights! Camera! Action! ACTION 52 OWNS (let's do this)
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 96
Print
Author Topic: Lights! Camera! Action! ACTION 52 OWNS (let's do this)  (Read 540077 times)
ZH8T
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: September 19, 2010, 08:12:05 PM »

Cry baby will be done next week.

ACTION-52-42E0E06C
BK-TN
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1641 on: September 21, 2010, 11:53:40 AM »

Oh jesus Pod, I thought you harassed me @ "I HAVE INTERMEDIATE GAMEMAKER 8 EXPERIENCE".
Luckily you didn't, thank god.

Anyways, I've decided that Thrusters should have 7 levels. I just sent demos of level 5 to my friends, they thought it was hard enough there already.

Website | Twitter<br />ACTION-52-3F080CC2743
Power Potato
Level 0

:D

View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: September 21, 2010, 04:03:00 PM »

ill choose a game

Loading signature...
Power Potato
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: September 21, 2010, 04:08:04 PM »

boss: a lizard with a shotgun + my experience in contra-like games = i will take it,

Loading signature...
deathtotheweird
« Reply #1644 on: September 21, 2010, 04:10:24 PM »

well thats not suspicious, a new guy and a double post. same email as el cucu.

im going to go out on a limb and say its you again. dont you take a hint?
Power Potato
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: September 21, 2010, 04:12:51 PM »

i am el cucu, but i want to have a good start, no trolling and doing a good game sample when i finished, gimee a chanse plz

Loading signature...
deathtotheweird
« Reply #1646 on: September 21, 2010, 04:15:00 PM »

gimee a chanse plz

no. as soon as podunk sees this you will be removed from the list. stop wasting our time
mr. podunkian
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: September 21, 2010, 08:11:28 PM »

i am el cucu, but i want to have a good start, no trolling and doing a good game sample when i finished, gimee a chanse plz
jesus christ, fuck off already. what a pathetic loser.

FrankieSmileShow
Level 6

OOOOOH! >:O

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1648 on: September 24, 2010, 08:53:36 AM »

Thought id try to at least give a weekly update!

Im making a lot of progress, if anyone wants to test Non Human catch me on IRC or send me an email or something. I dont really want to post a new version here too quickly, Im having problems tweaking the difficulty for the last portion of the Hard difficulty game, so people who havent played it yet become an important ressource. Im also thinking the easy difficulty level might be too easy.
Most of the work left on it is still a bunch of visual assets that are currently placeholders or sketches in the game, and as mentionned above, difficulty tweaks.

Dustin Gunn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: September 26, 2010, 04:19:21 PM »

http://www.sniperdiplomat.com/Sombreros.zip

Here's Sombreros in its beatable form, at least it should be. It having game-stopping bugs would not surprise me with how it's been acting up lately.

A few things aren't yet implemented.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 06:18:05 AM by Dustin Gunn » Logged
zez
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1650 on: October 02, 2010, 11:07:35 AM »

Congrats on getting frontpaged Dustin, Ima have to actually take the time to play through yours eventually, it looks and sounds pretty friggin rad.
In  Ninja related news, level 1 is go, and I think I managed to balance the difficulty curve enough that people can make it through, although the last battle on the map is kind of epic. I need to add in proper score code and adjust the hud a teensy bit, as well as finish up the sound code, and get the game tested a bit more to make sure people who dont know the mechanics and AI like the back of there hand can make it through alright. Ill post a solid update with the current build once I get the score set up, so probably sometime over the weekend (later today even, if I feel up to it.)
Fifth
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: October 03, 2010, 08:11:35 PM »

I'm not sure why there aren't more comments on Sombreros; this game is remarkable!  I love how it plays and how it feels, and the humor!  Aw man, I laughed aloud at the boss fights, and at points just because of your level design.

Seriously, good stuff.
Dustin Gunn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: October 03, 2010, 11:33:06 PM »

Haha nice smiley.

Thanks for the kind words.
ortoslon
« Reply #1653 on: October 04, 2010, 06:09:06 AM »

Sombreros playthrough without dying

Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1654 on: October 04, 2010, 03:51:02 PM »

Sombrero's was one of the best experiences Ive had playing an indie game (or any game) in a long time.  I laughed so hard at all the dialogue and visual jokes.  All the levels were so different but still used the same game mechanic , really genius stuff Dustin.  Also Arthur, I am constantly amazed at how good of a composer you are, the music was incredible.  All around amazing game.  The last boss battle was really fun!

zez
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: October 06, 2010, 09:06:01 PM »

I havent made it through sombreros yet. largely due to far more work then I know what to do with at the moment, and the amount of kicking my ass its doing, but what I have played is a breath of fresh air. This is the best indie shooter I have played sense Destruction Carnival, and the time stopping aiming is both amazingly fun and implemented perfectly. The soundtrack and graphical presentation also just reek of awesome.... soo umm... dont be too surprised if everyone sucks up to you two for a bit, its merited.
GZ
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1656 on: October 08, 2010, 10:54:36 PM »

Posting also to say Sombreros puts the "owns" in Action 52 owns. Great stuff all around.

I know this is mainly because it's late into this collaboration, but this compilation could really use some more people / completed projects. I also have a feeling people are getting intimidated by games like Sombreros and Streemerz, in that, they think they need to pour a lot of effort into their projects to stand out or meet the quality standard for this compilation, but I don't think that's necessary or the point of the compilation. If not that, possibly a feeling of trying to meet some personal standards because you are a fan of Action 52 and want to do the remake justice.

I think it's possible to keep a smaller vision of these remakes and still come out with a good product, an example being the Mash Man remake. It's short and simple, but does a good job of getting the vibe of the old game across and providing a specific experience.

So come on guys, Action Gamemaster needs YOU!

mr. podunkian
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: October 11, 2010, 04:19:55 PM »

on the contrary, i've been pretty stringent in making sure the games that are being developed for this are up to snuff. if the idea of A52O is to make good versions of bad games, i want the new game to be markedly better than the old one -- and not simply just a simply a decent remake with fixed mechanics or anything like that.

i may be picking up a second project sometime soon, just to get this thing running along.

Seryu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: October 12, 2010, 04:36:47 AM »

I have a question about Fire Breathers, can I remake it in 3d or should i preserve nes aesthetics?

I was thinking that a Panzer Dragoon look would be great for this title.

Fire Breathers!
mr. podunkian
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: October 12, 2010, 05:40:25 AM »

so long as you can make actually finish it, and finish it in a proficient manner it should be fine. it's worth noting, though, that a few 3D games have been attempted, but only a few were actually completed, so you should set realistic goals for this.

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic