Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411527 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58432 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 09:58:11 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsLights! Camera! Action! ACTION 52 OWNS (let's do this)
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 96
Print
Author Topic: Lights! Camera! Action! ACTION 52 OWNS (let's do this)  (Read 538267 times)
dasdsad
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: March 24, 2011, 10:55:24 PM »

Is this still active? There's quite a few games in here that are VERY enjoyable.

Sombreros and Mashman are notably awesome.
genericuser
« Reply #1701 on: March 25, 2011, 06:12:45 AM »

It's in a sort of hiatus. Podunkian has given up on it, and it seems like the games in development are taking a while. I believe someone was working on a menu for the finished games, though.
AuthenticKaizen
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

*Prestige Worldwide*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1702 on: April 23, 2011, 11:40:59 AM »

i have created a thread that lists the action 52 owns games with screenshot, download link and youtube video (if available). Smiley
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=18937.0

PixelProspector.com - the indie goldmine + Marketing Guide for Indie Game Developers             
“Knowing is not enough, you must apply; willing is not enough, you must do.” (Bruce Lee)
Jack Mcslay
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: April 24, 2011, 05:50:05 PM »

I've been working little by little on Operation Full Moon. Taking longer than originally hoped because I hadn't a simplified enough engine to satisfy the project requirements thus I've been doing the engine from scratch. Probably there'll be screenshots next weekend

ACTION-52-3AD62B99
jakomocha
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1704 on: May 15, 2011, 07:58:58 PM »

Okay, I am making the Ooze remake. One thing.
1. Can I please make up my own story because Ooze doesn't have one. I will use the basic idea of Ooze.
Thanks Smiley
handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1705 on: May 17, 2011, 08:08:25 AM »

1. Can I please make up my own story because Ooze doesn't have one. I will use the basic idea of Ooze.
Thanks Smiley

That sounds good. Go for it!  Hand Thumbs Up Right

jakomocha
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1706 on: May 17, 2011, 03:35:55 PM »

Thanks Smiley

That sounds good. Go for it!  Hand Thumbs Up Right
thanks Smiley
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1707 on: May 22, 2011, 04:01:30 AM »

I'd be willing to make the art for a Megalonia remake if someone does the programming.

I even have a cool plot for it and everything!
It is the year 2550.

A hundred years ago, humanity created the most advanced A.I. in history - a distributed intelligence codenamed MEGALONIA (MEGA-Linked Orbital Nano-Intelligent Administrator).

This gigantic collection of robots were created from modular blocks and possessed one mind. They would construct the next generation of massive planetary-class starships.

However, the limiters installed to prevent MEGALONIA from becoming sentient were recently deleted by an anti-robotic terrorist group. It soon rebelled against its creators and launched an attack on Earth.

The military quickly enacted its contingency plan. While a drone pilot would be hacked, and a large fleet would be disassembled, a human pilot would be able to infiltrate it and destroy the core.

Because MEGALONIA is a distributed intelligence, each enemy destroyed damages the core process. If enough enemies are destroyed, the administrative robot for that sector will weaken and eventually simply cease to function.

However, the central core, codenamed EMPRESS (Electro-Mechanical Phase-Regulated Energy Surveillance System) is isolated from the network and therefore must be destroyed directly.

Geeze
Level 5

Totally.

View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: May 23, 2011, 10:16:02 PM »

I'd be willing to make the art for a Megalonia remake if someone does the programming.

I even have a cool plot for it and everything!
It is the year 2550.

A hundred years ago, humanity created the most advanced A.I. in history - a distributed intelligence codenamed MEGALONIA (MEGA-Linked Orbital Nano-Intelligent Administrator).

This gigantic collection of robots were created from modular blocks and possessed one mind. They would construct the next generation of massive planetary-class starships.

However, the limiters installed to prevent MEGALONIA from becoming sentient were recently deleted by an anti-robotic terrorist group. It soon rebelled against its creators and launched an attack on Earth.

The military quickly enacted its contingency plan. While a drone pilot would be hacked, and a large fleet would be disassembled, a human pilot would be able to infiltrate it and destroy the core.

Because MEGALONIA is a distributed intelligence, each enemy destroyed damages the core process. If enough enemies are destroyed, the administrative robot for that sector will weaken and eventually simply cease to function.

However, the central core, codenamed EMPRESS (Electro-Mechanical Phase-Regulated Energy Surveillance System) is isolated from the network and therefore must be destroyed directly.
Cool story! I could probably do the programming for this. Well, I have finished only one project (which was for LD20) and lots of cancelled stuff (but with some results), well most because no proper artist to work with, and I'm kinda lazy to do even programmer art. But I would still want to do my best.
Go anti-advertising, yay!

SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1709 on: May 24, 2011, 12:36:06 PM »

Somebody was tripping out when they made this game...  WTF

New, updated mockup!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 03:44:06 AM by SundownKid » Logged

handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1710 on: May 25, 2011, 08:54:51 AM »

Nice guys! I'm glad to see that this project has some activity again! I'm still planning on writing a launcher for the completed games one of these days when I get a chance, I just have so many projects on my hands at the moment.

We'll get all 52 of these games done someday!  Wizard Hand Thumbs Up Right

SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1711 on: May 25, 2011, 02:29:56 PM »

Yeah, I found this before I joined the forum, back when it was just starting up, and I always wanted to remake one of these.

BTW, we should just restart this as a long term project. Release a nice pretty launcher of the ones that are already done, grey out the ones that aren't, and keep adding them as they are finished instead of waiting until kingdom come.

You don't want this to be Action 52 Forever, do you!? It really doesn't make a difference because people just treat them as individual games when they're released.

Dustin Gunn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: May 29, 2011, 09:04:34 AM »

You'll probably need to assign a new leader if you want to continue the project (Which I think would be cool to see finished), Mr Podunkian is busy as hell, basically.
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1713 on: May 29, 2011, 11:25:14 AM »

You'll probably need to assign a new leader if you want to continue the project (Which I think would be cool to see finished), Mr Podunkian is busy as hell, basically.

Yeah, definitely. It also needs a new signup sheet since some of the games have been abandoned. (For example, #001 Fire Breathers).

poe
« Reply #1714 on: May 30, 2011, 05:08:54 PM »

Decided to join, I'll be making Haunted Halls of Wentworth with Game Maker Smiley
Though I won't be starting until I finish my current game's engine(which is almost done Tongue just needs some polishing).
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1715 on: June 03, 2011, 05:46:05 PM »

Megalonia progress update! We now have self-assembling cube enemies, more graphics for the intro cutscene and voice acting!

We plan to have walls to avoid and parallax graphics. I'm interpreting those mysterious pink arches as the structure of a spacedock that will scroll, R-Type style.

The story has been changed somewhat, and now it's the story of fixing Megalonia rather than destroying it. If you will notice, the original summary says you have to "defend against" the enemies but says nothing about destroying them. Grin

handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1716 on: June 06, 2011, 06:06:39 PM »

I finally got around to making a small little launcher!

It's fairly basic at the moment, but all the completed games should be playable. The information about the games is from the manual and I put the data in really quickly since it was time consuming, so there might be some errors in there right now.

You can download it here.

SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1717 on: June 06, 2011, 08:53:16 PM »

IT LIVES! I think you should be the de facto project manager for now.

But, my god, the default summaries are worse than I thought. It looks like someone failed 4th grade English. I think the new version should have rewritten summaries, at least to make them partially coherent. After all, the games are improved remakes...

Also, the X and C buttons are supposed to be the only ones you use, and when I tried them, nothing happened. Either it has extremely delayed feedback, or I button mashed and pressed something else that worked. What are the controls for this thing?

Also, I went back and read the Cheetahmen summary, and my mind was blown. Fighting off all the bad guys from the remakes? This will be epic.  Evil
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 09:04:24 PM by SundownKid » Logged

handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1718 on: June 07, 2011, 07:35:57 AM »

Also, the X and C buttons are supposed to be the only ones you use, and when I tried them, nothing happened. Either it has extremely delayed feedback, or I button mashed and pressed something else that worked. What are the controls for this thing?

Up and Down move the cursor
Left and Right change pages
Enter starts a game
Esc quits

But, my god, the default summaries are worse than I thought. It looks like someone failed 4th grade English. I think the new version should have rewritten summaries, at least to make them partially coherent. After all, the games are improved remakes...

Yeah, I tried to change the summaries for some, but it already took long enough to go through and copy-paste from the original manual (which is horrible.) It also doesn't help that the WIP font I'm using doesn't have any punctuation or lower case letters at the moment Grin. I think I'll specify the information that is needed for each entry and have the developer provide it, so I don't have to go hunting for the info 52 times.

I wanted to have the option of launching the developers webpage and pulling up the readme too. We will also have to do some sort of intro screen in the future.

IT LIVES! I think you should be the de facto project manager for now.

I can put the games together into this pack whenever it needs updated. I just took all the games from the Action 52 game collection thread and used the information from that page. The only problem is that having all the games included means a giant file size, and I don't have a very good place to host.

It would be nice if we could find some way to revitalize the project.

SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1719 on: June 07, 2011, 09:53:01 AM »

Yeah, I think you should make "X and C" do the same thing as "enter" to conform with the original guidelines for the games.

I wouldn't want you to get rid of the original summaries, for posterity's sake, so it would be cool to have an option to choose between "original summary" and "new summary".

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic