Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411526 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 08:16:34 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsLights! Camera! Action! ACTION 52 OWNS (let's do this)
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 96
Print
Author Topic: Lights! Camera! Action! ACTION 52 OWNS (let's do this)  (Read 538262 times)
Geeze
Level 5

Totally.

View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: June 07, 2011, 11:04:35 PM »

Yeah, I think you should make "X and C" do the same thing as "enter" to conform with the original guidelines for the games.

I wouldn't want you to get rid of the original. summaries, for posterity's sake, so it would be cool to have an option to choose between "original summary" and "new summary".
Agreed. Perhaps possibility to show hi-scores in the launcher could be nice. That and uniform controls would make action 52 almost perfect for custom arcade cabinets. :D.  I've been planning to build a MAME/Arcade-cabinet, and would be good if it had action 52 owns.

Geeze
Level 5

Totally.

View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: June 13, 2011, 07:52:53 AM »

Some progress!

All basics are done now so levels and actual content is going to be next.

Those blocky things rotate btw! It's kinda cool when they come to screen and assemble from parts, and support for rotating enemies is done. Hand Clap Addicted

WelcomeToAwesomeness
« Reply #1722 on: June 16, 2011, 02:24:48 AM »

I am up for this. What games do you guys need done?
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1723 on: June 16, 2011, 10:55:56 AM »

I am up for this. What games do you guys need done?

There are some games that have been taken on the list but abandoned. You should look at this thread and then look at the list. If it's not in the thread and not Megalonia, it's probably abandoned. You shouldn't do anything that's been claimed in the last few pages, just to be safe.

WelcomeToAwesomeness
« Reply #1724 on: June 16, 2011, 11:51:54 AM »

Ok, I will take "Sharks" or "Spread Fire" then. Do I still need to fill out the sign-up sheet?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 12:00:29 PM by WelcomeToAwesomeness » Logged
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1725 on: June 16, 2011, 04:51:14 PM »

Ok, I will take "Sharks" or "Spread Fire" then. Do I still need to fill out the sign-up sheet?

The sign up sheet's dead, so it doesn't matter either way. If it's not taken, you might as well.

I'd suggest Spread Fire, since you're doing it alone, it sounds like an easier game to make, as it's a stationary shooter with barely any description at all. I'd suggest a twist like making your turret dude a flamethrower.

WelcomeToAwesomeness
« Reply #1726 on: June 16, 2011, 06:30:20 PM »

I agree with doing Spread Fire, and I may actually be getting some help from someone I know. What do you mean by "turret dude" though?
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1727 on: June 16, 2011, 08:41:05 PM »

I agree with doing Spread Fire, and I may actually be getting some help from someone I know. What do you mean by "turret dude" though?

I'm assuming it could be a turret or a person, hence the juxtaposition of both. Cheesy Anyway, remember that the gameplay has to be similar and the horrid melody that can barely be called "music" needs to be remixed too!

EruditeDragon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: June 17, 2011, 08:43:37 PM »

I must say, I'm happy this project's getting some life back into it.  I haven't been posting much, but I have been watching this project since I first heard of it... and darnit, this needs to be completed.  If not for us... then for all the poor souls who have played the original A52, whether for the sake of a Let's Play, or... well... actually, I can't think of any other reason to subject yourself to the entire set of Action 52's "games."  Masochism?

Anyhow, I really hope this gets back on its feet... If I had any skills other than playing games & testing them, I'd be making my own.  That said, the games done so far have surpassed the originals in every way, while still having a retro feel.  I'd love to eventually have a finished copy of this on my PC.

In summary:  Go A52O team!

A thought.  Has anyone contacted the developers that had proof of concepts / Betas already made (specifically thinking of Non Human and Haunted Halls here)?
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1729 on: June 18, 2011, 07:40:48 AM »

Non Human was nearly finished, but I believe has been set aside for other projects.

But this whole project took place quite a while ago, and has kind of run out of steam a few times, and it's pretty much in limbo, so I wouldn't get too excited about it now.

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1730 on: June 18, 2011, 10:07:19 AM »

I must say, I'm happy this project's getting some life back into it.  I haven't been posting much, but I have been watching this project since I first heard of it... and darnit, this needs to be completed.

I felt the same way.

A thought.  Has anyone contacted the developers that had proof of concepts / Betas already made (specifically thinking of Non Human and Haunted Halls here)?

Good idea. Is that the only thing that's unfinished? Link?

But this whole project took place quite a while ago, and has kind of run out of steam a few times, and it's pretty much in limbo, so I wouldn't get too excited about it now.

handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1731 on: June 19, 2011, 05:35:26 AM »

Anyway, remember that the gameplay has to be similar and the horrid melody that can barely be called "music" needs to be remixed too!

Well, I would say that exactly. More like, the game has to be 'in the spirit of' the original. I wouldn't worry too much about making the gameplay similar, just some way that resembles the original game somehow or even just nods at it a little bit.

What I mean is, if you have to make it less like the original to make the game good, do it. We all know the originals are very far from good!

As for the signup list, I would say that every game that you don't see finished in  this thread or being worked on in the last couple of pages is open and ready to go. If you want to start a game, you should at least make a post here saying which game you are working on, so nobody else will do the same one. Also, post on your progress to keep us all informed and excited about the project! You can also start a devlog/feedback thread in the appropriate section of the boards if you want, since all of these are completely separate games (yet in the same collection.) You will probably get more feedback about your game over there, since this one is kind of hidden (and old.)

shojin
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1732 on: June 19, 2011, 12:07:54 PM »

Intro music for Megalonia so far... Proud to be on board with this project. And yay for remixing old tunes.

http://soundcloud.com/redshojin/intro

King Hadas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: June 19, 2011, 03:01:19 PM »

Anyway, remember that the gameplay has to be similar and the horrid melody that can barely be called "music" needs to be remixed too!

Well, I would say that exactly. More like, the game has to be 'in the spirit of' the original. I wouldn't worry too much about making the gameplay similar, just some way that resembles the original game somehow or even just nods at it a little bit.
If anyone needs an idea of how you can go wrong here check out Hamburger's Bits and Pieces, the only game to be rejected for being too far removed from it's source.

The game mechanics aren't why it was rejected although they're unique, it was because the graphics had nothing to do with the original's.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 05:02:48 PM by King Hadas » Logged
pgil
« Reply #1734 on: June 19, 2011, 04:54:58 PM »

Speaking of Bits n' Pieces:

shojin:
Very nice intro tune.  Reminds me of Silpheed.
WelcomeToAwesomeness
« Reply #1735 on: June 19, 2011, 05:30:33 PM »

I just realized you controlled a lobster in Spread Fire, so know it's going to have to be a Fire-breathing space lobster.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1736 on: June 20, 2011, 08:56:01 AM »

All action 52 games have the potential to be awesome in an "Altered Beast" way of WTF-awesome.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
sergiocornaga
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1737 on: June 20, 2011, 06:49:23 PM »

Speaking of Bits n' Pieces:

Are you... are you making it?
genericuser
« Reply #1738 on: June 22, 2011, 02:29:36 AM »

Seems like the original site where I hosted They Came has gone down.

Reuploading it for inclusion:

They Came v4
cheetahmenfan
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: June 29, 2011, 08:36:50 AM »

cool give it a go for cheetahmen Gomez
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic