Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 06:41:23 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsLights! Camera! Action! ACTION 52 OWNS (let's do this)
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 96
Print
Author Topic: Lights! Camera! Action! ACTION 52 OWNS (let's do this)  (Read 535026 times)
Geeze
Level 5

Totally.

View Profile
« Reply #1740 on: July 04, 2011, 08:23:38 AM »

Progress! Make your own conclusions.

handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1741 on: July 16, 2011, 09:01:27 AM »

I check this board every day for Action 52 updates. I suppose I should post more to keep up some activity in the project thread. Keep on working on your games guys, they are looking good!

Anybody else still working on a game that hasn't posted recently? I would love to see some more screen shots/ hear some news!

Neonlare
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1742 on: July 21, 2011, 02:47:11 PM »

I had thought this project disappeared since the forum section got moved. Finally re-found it though.

Are there any A52 games that haven't been taken? I did the Meong game a while back, and would like to attempt another project on this. Would be awesome to get this all completed :3
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1743 on: July 21, 2011, 06:54:51 PM »

I had thought this project disappeared since the forum section got moved. Finally re-found it though.

Are there any A52 games that haven't been taken? I did the Meong game a while back, and would like to attempt another project on this. Would be awesome to get this all completed :3

Anything that's unclaimed from here or not taken on the list are open.

King Hadas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: July 21, 2011, 08:48:02 PM »

Yeah, and this thread is up to date with what's been finished (They Came, Space Dreams, and Lazer league are on the second page).

Megalonia, French Baker (They need an artist but are otherwise finished), and maybe Spread Fire are being worked on, everything else is free.

I honestly don't think we need to reserve games anymore, not really feasible now that no one's administrating this. I say go ahead and pick something and if it turns out someone is working on it, whatever. Not sure why two people can't work on the same game.
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1745 on: July 21, 2011, 09:49:32 PM »

Not sure why two people can't work on the same game.

In the interest of finishing the project faster and not having duplicate games. But, we could really use some kind of Google Docs spreadsheet with a current up-to-date list of games in progress and those that are finished and not finished. I'd say if people don't post progress in 2 weeks the slot opens up. Not that they're going fast, mind you =)

Neonlare
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1746 on: July 22, 2011, 05:28:47 PM »

Alright! Welp, I've decided to go ahead and work on G-Force Fighters. It'll be a bit more changed up in comparison to the previous project I did, but with most of the A52 games being scrolling Shmups I think some diversity would be a good thing.

See you on Planet, Space-Dog.
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1747 on: July 22, 2011, 06:02:34 PM »

Sweet, another side scrolling shooter. It looks like it has the potential to involve some gravity-based gameplay to shake things up a little.

Neonlare
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1748 on: July 22, 2011, 07:06:17 PM »

First Update here. This is the bare bones, lacking any meat or muscle or in fact most limbs build, but just posting to show that work is being done on it. If anyone's familiar with Cybernoid, that's the kind of idea I had in mind for this project. Looking forward to suggestions and ideas guys!

It does need a HUD system, which shouldn't take long. It also needs one of those "slow camera pans from each room" effects like in Super Metroid or Zelda, which is more complicated but I'll find a way of doing that.

HUD is pretty much done, as is room transitions. The next version will be uploaded when it has some semblance to a game and less of an engine (the Surface of the World for now).

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9780777/G-Force%20Fighters%20Ver%200.00001.zip
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 10:59:14 PM by Neonlare » Logged
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1749 on: July 23, 2011, 12:41:53 PM »

I thought it seemed strange at first, but after watching a playthrough, it looks like a fun game. The music is also awesome.

Neonlare
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1750 on: July 29, 2011, 03:59:37 PM »

Just a little snippet of music for you guys, hope you enjoy it! Will get some screen shots posted sometime in the near future~

http://soundcloud.com/kaineon/layer-1
jakomocha
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1751 on: July 30, 2011, 06:46:38 PM »

Hey, does it matter if I use the original Ooze song instead of getting someone to remake it? I can't find anyone to remake it for free.
King Hadas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: July 30, 2011, 10:01:21 PM »

Ooze was sort of remixed by RaustBd.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/339588

The first minute or so is Ooze remixed, then it segues into a remix of Space Dreams and I don't know what the last bit is a remix of. You'll have to cut this up if you want to use it. Also ArmchairArmada worked on an Ooze remake pretty extensively, you might try contacting him and see what he was doing for music.

If you don't like that then yeah the original would at least work as a good placeholder. You'll want to remix it eventually but I would think a willing musician would be easier to find with a completed game than with a hypothetical one.
Davoo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: August 06, 2011, 05:55:36 AM »

So--and I'm sure it's useless to ask--but will this project never reach completion? It was the most awesome concept, but it's not going anywhere, is it? I suppose that to buy free garage-developer online games, we have to pay with our patience instead of our money.

By the way, I'm glad "Action 52 Owns" is a 'working title'. And I hope it still is, right? Because I don't like it. There are so many better things you could call it. My favorite would be,

"Action 52: The Special Edition"

O laughity laugh! Get it? It's like satire; most people probably at best bat their eyes--or at worst get angry--when they hear the words 'special edition', expecting a deformed abomination of something they love. But here, it's the total opposite! Derpy doo!

Or maybe,

"The Action 52"

MORE satire! Big Laff It's just like how movie remakes/reboots just put the word 'the' at the beginning to make the title different.

Or how about,

"Action Fifty-two"

Taking of Pelham 123, anyone?

Oh! Oh! The best one of all:

"Action 52... 2!"
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1754 on: August 06, 2011, 06:49:57 AM »

I've always liked Action 52 Owns.

Patience is not currency, and lots of games hype themselves up way in advance. You have to 'pay with your patience' for all sorts of games.

SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1755 on: August 06, 2011, 10:42:53 AM »

Seconding "Action 52 Owns". It just has that gratuitous bro-ish quality to it that fits perfectly for such a ridiculous set of games.

I really don't know if it will be finished, since it's been an abandoned car running on fumes for a long time. It's mostly newbies who try to make a game and never get anywhere.

With all the levels, Megalonia is pretty tough, but it already looks awesome and I'm sure the final product will be great. At least in some capacity. Eheh...

(BTW, there is a launcher for the games that have been done so far)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 10:49:20 AM by SundownKid » Logged

Davoo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: August 06, 2011, 11:17:05 PM »

Bro-ish quality? I guess I wouldn't think of it that way... and I just realized why; because I'm not one of the people making the game. Yeah, the way you describe it, a remake of Action 52 invokes thoughts of chillin' and feeling awesome, because you're the ones making the game. You follow?

So, I guess looking at it that way, I can understand it a lot more now. Although by that principle, the regular, everyday players of the game wouldn't like it so much. I actually mentioned this game to my brother, and he agreed the name was weird.
leonelc29
« Reply #1757 on: August 10, 2011, 06:29:27 AM »

the name are not really important.

this name is given by the people who start this collab, so there's no point in changing it. Also, people are already get used to this name, changing it will only cause chaos for people who like it. i don't know the number, but i'm sure many people like it.

and the name you suggest are not anything better either. no offence.
jakomocha
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1758 on: August 10, 2011, 06:25:36 PM »

I know the website that showed the action 52 games stories was taken down... so I used the wayback machine to get to the web page. Here it is: http://web.archive.org/web/20090408081601/http://cheetahmen.silius.net/action52n.txt
Also, Ooze is going pretty well. It's very tough to make, and I'm only about %2 done, but I'm not giving up. Sorry I haven't posted any pictures or videos yet, I will soon (I hope). If anyone has any ideas for my Ooze game, feel free to tell me. If you have any questions, go ahead and tell me your question.
Also.. does it matter if the music in my game is just a remix for the original or does it have to be a remake? I don't mind which one it has to be, I am just wondering so I know what to do.
Thank you.
jakomocha
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1759 on: August 16, 2011, 10:36:14 AM »

Hey everyone, I finally have some pictures for Ooze  Smiley. Sorry I didn't take them from my computer but from my iTouch. It's because I had to leave a minute after I took the pictures so I was rushed.
Okay I have a problem with posting the pictures. What do you write under ? I know you should write the file name in one spot probably, but what about the other spot?
Thank you and sorry.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic