Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 03:10:54 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsLights! Camera! Action! ACTION 52 OWNS (let's do this)
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 96
Print
Author Topic: Lights! Camera! Action! ACTION 52 OWNS (let's do this)  (Read 538253 times)
Armageddon
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: October 19, 2011, 10:02:20 PM »

Is this still going? I'd like a game. Shrug

SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1781 on: November 28, 2011, 02:18:32 AM »

Attention all programmers! Progress on Megalonia has been stalled for a while, so I'm looking for someone willing to finish a SHMUP. If anyone is interested (and are sure they have time!) then message me.

Geeze
Level 5

Totally.

View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: November 28, 2011, 03:44:24 AM »

My apologies about that.
@Someone who'll take over: I f there's any questions about the code(If not doing it from scratch) feel free to ask.

King Hadas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: December 04, 2011, 03:36:59 PM »

So how far along did you guys get?
shojin
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1784 on: December 04, 2011, 05:45:55 PM »

So how far along did you guys get?

I'm not sure on the game itself, but this is how far the music got...
http://artembank.bandcamp.com/album/megalonia

Lilfut
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1785 on: December 07, 2011, 06:37:57 PM »

I'd like to throw in my hat for Evil Empire, IF using game creation programs is allowed. I'd like to use Sim RPG Maker 95 to create a Fire Emblem clone with it.
jakomocha
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1786 on: December 07, 2011, 07:42:05 PM »

I'd like to throw in my hat for Evil Empire, IF using game creation programs is allowed. I'd like to use Sim RPG Maker 95 to create a Fire Emblem clone with it.
I'm pretty sure game creation programs are allowed, as a majority of the games are made in Game Maker and MMF2.
EDIT
I just looked at Evil Empire, and it appears to be a platformer. I don't know if you are allowed to altogether change a game genre, especially since platformer and Sim RPG are very different genres.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 08:01:47 PM by jakomocha » Logged
Neonlare
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1787 on: January 11, 2012, 01:58:01 AM »

Having to drop the Project I was working on due to some serious computer problems; the source-code got corrupted in a forced Windows Update. ._.

Is this still going down? What projects are still open? Anything that -Isn't- a SHMUP?
King Hadas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: January 12, 2012, 01:29:59 PM »

Here are the game that are probably available. That is, no one's given any sign that they're being woked on.

Fire Breathers

G Force Fighter (Horizontal SHMUP. Wasn't this the one you were working on?)

Dam Busters

Sharks

Spread-Fire (Vertical SHMUP)

Micro-Mike (Horizontal SHMUP)

Underground

Cry Baby

Crazy Shuffle

Lollipops

Evil Empire

Billy-Bob

Bits and Pieces

Manchester Beat

The Boss

Hambo's Adventure

Ninja Assault

Robbie and the Robots

The Cheetahmen
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 03:21:36 PM by King Hadas » Logged
unsilentwill
Level 9

O, the things left unsaid!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1789 on: January 12, 2012, 02:44:09 PM »

They shouldn't be shmups. Admittedly our game was turned into a shmup from an arena shooter, so it's not a good example. But the whole ideas is finding whatever could be good in the original and bringing it out into something unique and playable.

And come on guys, Cheetahmen. No one has done Cheetahmen.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 05:01:14 PM by unsilentwill » Logged

King Hadas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: January 12, 2012, 03:07:29 PM »

Cheetahmen is pretty intimidating, and I understand beat em'ups are challenging to build.

Action 52 games I'd have liked to have seen remade.

Manchester Beat - This'd probably take too much ambition for anyone to attempt.

Cry Baby - This is the only Action 52 game that had a mechanic that interested me. Climbing on furniture is kind of neat.

Dam Busters - At first I thought this game was about Sumo wrestlers that shot balls out of their bellies. Admittedly I'm not as interested now that I now it's about beavers or something.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #1791 on: January 12, 2012, 03:16:51 PM »

Slashers is still being worked on, albeit slowly.
King Hadas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: January 12, 2012, 03:29:10 PM »

Who's working on Slashers? It says Cosmic Fool on the old sign up sheet but I don't know if that's relevant.

@unsilentwill - Storm Over the Desert was awesome.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #1793 on: January 12, 2012, 03:54:58 PM »

Me and Cfool, although it's been a bit long in production.
Painting
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: January 12, 2012, 05:25:15 PM »

I always imagined Improved Dam Busters as being basically Pocky and Rocky. It'd be pretty fun to make. If no one else does it I will try.

Lollipops is my favorite Action 52 game ever; I've always seen it as being an incredibly morose and gloomy game despite its cheery-sounding plot. Completely by accident, of course, but the fact remains that the black backgrounds, completely abstract graphics, and insane sound programming give it a lot of character.

edit: Alistair hasn't been on this site since halfway through past year. I am unofficially claiming Dam Busters, but I'll step down if he comes back in (and just re-asset anything I've already built up and continue working, I've wanted to make a P&R thing for a long time).
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 05:34:42 PM by Painting » Logged
jakomocha
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1795 on: January 12, 2012, 07:21:39 PM »

Here are the game that are probably available. That is, no one's given any sign that they're being woked on.

Fire Breathers

G Force Fighter (Horizontal SHMUP. Wasn't this the one you were working on?)

Dam Busters

Sharks

Spread-Fire (Vertical SHMUP)

Micro-Mike (Horizontal SHMUP)

Underground

Cry Baby

Crazy Shuffle

Lollipops

Evil Empire

Billy-Bob

Bits and Pieces

Manchester Beat

The Boss

Hambo's Adventure

Ninja Assault

Robbie and the Robots

The Cheetahmen
Lolipop is taken by Jtreiner(http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?action=profile;u=47321), I don't know if he is still going to do it, but since we are friends in actual life I will ask him.  If you don't believe that he signed up for it for some reason check out this website: http://www.superfundungeonrun.com/action52/index.php
Painting
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: January 12, 2012, 07:30:01 PM »

If you don't believe that he signed up for it for some reason check out this website: http://www.superfundungeonrun.com/action52/index.php

King Hades made that list include games that haven't had any apparent progress in a long time. Dam Busters is taken too, as are a bunch of the other ones, they just got (seemingly) dropped or delayed to a point where someone else might be able to do something with them.

I hope Jtreiner finishes it, though, because I love that game and his rendition was looking classy.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 08:32:10 PM by Painting » Logged
Neonlare
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1797 on: January 14, 2012, 01:34:25 AM »

Crazy Shuffle it is. I shall have this done post-haste!

BTW, does anyone know where we can read the write up "stories" for each of the games? I deviated with Meong, but want to stick a bit closer to the source this time around.
King Hadas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: January 14, 2012, 01:51:54 AM »

Good luck with that, here's a transcript of the manual. http://www.nesworld.com/manuals/action52.txt
Neonlare
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1799 on: January 14, 2012, 02:48:44 AM »

Crazy Shuffle is a Card Matching game?

HUUUUH.

Well wow, it's nice to see how focused the original developers were, it's certainly not a card matching game at all! Well, setting about to work on this, nearly got the basis of the engine done.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic