Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411482 Posts in 69370 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 23, 2024, 10:29:45 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsLights! Camera! Action! ACTION 52 OWNS (let's do this)
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96
Print
Author Topic: Lights! Camera! Action! ACTION 52 OWNS (let's do this)  (Read 537994 times)
mr. podunkian
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1860 on: October 10, 2012, 04:48:22 PM »

are we still doing this? should i return to maintaining the games list?

jakomocha
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1861 on: October 10, 2012, 05:41:45 PM »

It seems like it is regaining attention  Smiley However, we really should try spike a lot of attention in this to get many people working on projects. Also, who is going to work on Cheetahmen?
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1862 on: October 10, 2012, 05:44:41 PM »

I honestly don't think remaking Cheetahmen is a good idea, what with the recent Kickstarter to actually remake Cheetahmen (I think it was legit). To me, it seems like it is impossible to continue without a significant increase in attention. Either give it some closure or reboot it, but don't just leave it hanging. (I would favor just closing it, since there are way too many scrolling shooters for it to be interesting...)

mr. podunkian
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: October 12, 2012, 03:00:31 PM »

i don't see how the two projects are mutually exclusive, but i was just thinking since this thread somehow still seems to be active in some capacity, why don't we just finish off the second half of the games.

King Hadas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: October 13, 2012, 10:50:43 AM »

Dude, are you thinking about remaking another Action 52 game? Cause that'd be awesome. As for maintaining the list again that'd be cool, three games were finished while you were away. City of Doom by HandCraftedRadio, Lazer League by Plasticware, and Operaton Full-Moon by moi. Recording who's working on what is a little harder. I wrote a list two pages back guessing who might be working on what.

I honestly don't think remaking Cheetahmen is a good idea, what with the recent Kickstarter to actually remake Cheetahmen (I think it was legit). To me, it seems like it is impossible to continue without a significant increase in attention. Either give it some closure or reboot it, but don't just leave it hanging. (I would favor just closing it, since there are way too many scrolling shooters for it to be interesting...)

Are you refering to this? It's actually not a remake, it's an NES reproduction of Cheetahmen 2 that's been Rom Hacked to work. Supposedly they're adding new content as well but the whole things a little fishy.   
Neonlare
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1865 on: October 13, 2012, 08:11:08 PM »

Absolutely rocking to see this project suddenly get a Second Wind! Welp, been working on converting the audio for Crazy Shuffle to Game Maker Studio and succeeded so far; might as well finish something that was pretty much nearly finished to begin with. Did lose a bit of progress (it being 2 PCs ago) but the dropbox file I had up had most of the core content at a near ready state. It won't take too long to have a more playable version of the thing, it's just a case of tweaking the filler graphics and adding certain things to the game.

Previously, I had been planning on working on some Boss Fights, but the mechanics of the game right now would make it a bit weird to fight singular bosses. I've been brainstorming a few ideas and I'll see how they flow, but was wondering what people think in general about this; Bosses or no Bosses?

Been considering a third project with this whole revival of interest in this collaboration, but I'm not too sure what's open or not. Was thinking of doing Slashers or Micro-Mike, but I'll browse the posts again to see what's been tracked as Okay and what's still being developed.
King Hadas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: October 17, 2012, 08:25:56 AM »

That's all cool. As for boss battles, I can't see them as a negative. Even when boss battles are bad it still feels right to have them.

I've thought about remaking one of these games. I'm an amateur artist with no game making experience though, and making a game is a lot of work man, so I guess nevermind.

Here, it's Micro-Mike

and here's Robbie

Impossible Realms
Level 2

Lurks in Pre-Alpha

View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: October 17, 2012, 10:34:23 AM »

That's all cool. As for boss battles, I can't see them as a negative. Even when boss battles are bad it still feels right to have them.

I've thought about remaking one of these games. I'm an amateur artist with no game making experience though, and making a game is a lot of work man, so I guess nevermind.

Here, it's Micro-Mike

and here's Robbie

These look pretty nice actually, they don't look like the original graphics much, but honestly most of the games will need major overhauls before they're fun, so its not really a bad thing.
Moon Goon
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: November 08, 2012, 02:33:11 PM »

Has anyone remade an Action 52 Sega Genesis game yet?

I don't think Star Evil counts as it seems to be influenced by the NES Star Evil.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 03:44:18 AM by Moon Goon » Logged

I'm a PEEK'er. I'm a POKE'er. And I'm a midnight coder. I type my programs and hit RUN.

Check out itch.io for my Atari 2600 game ROMs! http://theloon.itch.io/
Impossible Realms
Level 2

Lurks in Pre-Alpha

View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: November 12, 2012, 06:28:14 PM »

On-topic: I'm pretty sure that we're only supposed to be doing the NES ones, but nothing is stopping you from remaking one the Genesis games on your own.

Off-topic: I really should stop procrastinating and start working on Fire Breathers...especially since I already have most of the basic coding I'll need from other projects...
Moon Goon
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: November 14, 2012, 10:28:46 AM »

On-topic: I'm pretty sure that we're only supposed to be doing the NES ones, but nothing is stopping you from remaking one the Genesis games on your own.

Off-topic: I really should stop procrastinating and start working on Fire Breathers...especially since I already have most of the basic coding I'll need from other projects...

Yeah, I got the procrastination bug myself.

I just thought it would be cool if we could do the Streemerz thing where the remake was made BACK into an actual NES game.  Except this time on the Genesis.  I messaged L to get permission to port/remix his remake of Star Evil but haven't heard back yet.

I realise no one is stopping me but the question was:  what would make a good port back to the Sega Genesis?

I'm a PEEK'er. I'm a POKE'er. And I'm a midnight coder. I type my programs and hit RUN.

Impossible Realms
Level 2

Lurks in Pre-Alpha

View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: November 15, 2012, 10:33:10 AM »

I noticed recently that the guidelines say we're only supposed to use executable files. Are jar files exempt from this (due to the fact that they can also be double clicked and run easily, or will I have to convert it to an exe file?
Moon Goon
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: November 15, 2012, 11:25:25 AM »

I noticed recently that the guidelines say we're only supposed to use executable files. Are jar files exempt from this (due to the fact that they can also be double clicked and run easily, or will I have to convert it to an exe file?

I'd assume it's not only a convenience thing (not everyone may have Java) but also how the Action 52 OWNZ launcher works.

Impossible Realms
Level 2

Lurks in Pre-Alpha

View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: November 15, 2012, 11:35:23 AM »

Well the vast majority of computers do have java, but I would believe that might be how the launcher works. I know there's ways to convert jar files to exes, so I'll just have to learn how. Wish me luck! (Because I really don't want to have to learn a new language and start the engine over, or worse, go back to Game Maker. *shudders*)
handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1874 on: November 15, 2012, 12:17:42 PM »

A jar file should work fine. I'd say just do it in java if you'd like.

Impossible Realms
Level 2

Lurks in Pre-Alpha

View Profile
« Reply #1875 on: November 15, 2012, 12:58:02 PM »

Okay, cause I was a bit worried I'd have a useless engine on my hands. Welp, I'm working on the first stage now, I just hope I don't have to tweak it later because of not knowing the collision size I'll need.
Moon Goon
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: November 20, 2012, 09:44:03 AM »

Okay, cause I was a bit worried I'd have a useless engine on my hands. Welp, I'm working on the first stage now, I just hope I don't have to tweak it later because of not knowing the collision size I'll need.

If your canvas is variable can't you recalculate the bounding box size at runtime?

Also, thinking about snatching Spread Fire but since the check in/check out page is outdated I know not whether someone else has taken it.

King Hadas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: November 20, 2012, 12:03:59 PM »

No one is working on Spread Fire.
mr. podunkian
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: November 21, 2012, 05:14:41 PM »

it's just a convenience thing -- i want this to be a run a thing and play games thing, and i think having to install a bunch of libraries really kills the momentum and illusion of the thing.

alex_theman45
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: December 13, 2012, 05:25:27 PM »

A wild member takes Spread Fire
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic