Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 03:14:15 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsLights! Camera! Action! ACTION 52 OWNS (let's do this)
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 96
Print
Author Topic: Lights! Camera! Action! ACTION 52 OWNS (let's do this)  (Read 537787 times)
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 10, 2010, 08:20:04 PM »

I think I'm going to quit.

Free Bubblegum Rossie!

Are you MAD? You have a game that's fun to play and practically done! Seriously, just slap some finishing touches on it and release it, it's pretty good so far already.

Mind explaining the reasoning behind the decision, at least?

In other news, like many other people are saying, I'm making steady progress but I'm not really sure I'll be able to finish this to the standards I wish for it to live up to by the deadline. Hopefully we'll have an extension.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 09:03:22 PM by Melly » Logged

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
oranda
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #321 on: May 10, 2010, 09:42:53 PM »

http://www.awesomenessinabox.com/files/dedant/demo.zip

"Playable" build tonight! Nothing fancy, you just throw rocks at each other indefinitely. I mostly just want to check for hardware incompatibilities, specifically on Intel chips. Anybody willing to give it a spin on an Atom based netbook?
JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #322 on: May 10, 2010, 10:06:34 PM »

I'm so close yet so far at being done..

deathtotheweird
« Reply #323 on: May 10, 2010, 10:09:20 PM »

Pretty awesome, not a netbook but your game ran fine here (q6600).
lowpoly
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #324 on: May 10, 2010, 11:10:28 PM »

ok, playable version is go: http://26k.org/dev/play/jupiter_v010.zip

there's still a lot of missing/temp art in there and no sound yet, but this should give a good idea of how the game will look and play. Eventually, there will be other enemies besides meteors and hopefully a change or 2 in location (time willing).

Really interested to see how this runs on people's computers, windowed 3D is shaky at best from what I've seen so far...

Have at it Smiley

JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 10, 2010, 11:44:46 PM »

Battlerager is working on Timewarp's music, but hey, if any musician there is crazy enough to give it a stab I wouldn't be against it. The more music the better.
sorry battlerager

Timewarp Tickers Original http://www.box.net/shared/f4sybtf476 (with sfx :/)
Timewarp Tickers JMickle http://www.box.net/shared/gr9rv2nb4f

Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 11, 2010, 12:00:46 AM »

Haha, that's pretty good. Battlerager will just have to make his BETTER. Evil

And lowpoly, runs like a dream here (though this is a beefy machine). I really like the look of it and the gameplay works fairly well. Pretty difficult to keep all building from being destroyed sometimes.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 12:04:44 AM by Melly » Logged

Andrew Brophy
Level 2

can't be hip forever

View Profile WWW
« Reply #327 on: May 11, 2010, 12:49:43 AM »

I am too busy this week. Ahh, I'll have to quit (aka free Star Evil). 

L
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #328 on: May 11, 2010, 01:05:16 AM »

Jupiter Scope suggestions:
* Exploit the difference in significance between meteors heading toward houses and those heading away from them. Make the RNG send out loads upon loads of unaimed meteors (meteors that won't hit any still-alive houses) that serve to disguise the few aimed meteors (meteors that will hit houses.)
* Make the meteors a bit faster, but compensate by making the Star-Zap's shots a bit wider.
* Since the Missile Command similarities are obvious, maybe add a "blast radius" that can neutralise a bunch of nearby rocks at once for large bonuses? (Possibly assign that chain explosion to a 'charge shot' that is unleashed by holding C...)
Nicend
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 11, 2010, 01:54:33 AM »

"Playable" build tonight! Nothing fancy, you just throw rocks at each other indefinitely. I mostly just want to check for hardware incompatibilities, specifically on Intel chips. Anybody willing to give it a spin on an Atom based netbook?

Ran perfectly fine, and very smooth, on my netbook (Atom based, ASUS 1000HE). It averaged 75 FPS running on powersave mode with a web browser still open so it has good performance. It also was only using about 15% of my CPU when I wasn't hammering on the keys (It rose  to 50% when I held the key for long enough) so it seems to be running perfectly well on my system.
Arne
The Pantymaster
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #330 on: May 11, 2010, 02:00:00 AM »

I spent the night actually writing some code, and I made a very simple playable thing, without graphics though.

I've been writing it in BlitzMax, which has some OOP stuff which is neat. It was very easy to add 2P coop because of how I handled classes, instances and lists. The 2nd player is controlled with Numpad8456 and Numpad+. Esc to quit, R to reset game. >50% and >75% accuracy gives big score bonuses.

This build is more of a thing to show the engine. The game I'm planning to make will have a Megaman weapon collection element to it. I don't think it will be very bullet spammy. Instead, firing bullets will have a cost, and x/c will fire different (captured) weapons. I think laying down careful combination fire will be more fun than just holding the button and strafing back and forth.

The green background 'matrix' is bucket contents drawn so I can see if anything is wrong, but I haven't gotten a crash yet so no out of bounds stuff going on that I know of. Physics is under 1ms for me.

The tiny gray stuff is debris - little panels which will fly off the ships. They're affected by explosion shock waves which gives a nice effect sometimes. Hopefully they won't clutter stuff up and cause crap deaths. The player has health anyways, and the enemies generally won't fire tons of bullets. This test version is quite random and unstructured though, because everything spawns... randomly.

The Monster King
Level 10

FRKUC im ALWAYS ANGRY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnerd

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 11, 2010, 02:38:36 AM »

hahah sorry bro, maybe next time!

rdein you're probably the one with the least reason to quit seeing as you're more or less ALREADY DONE
FrankieSmileShow
Level 6

OOOOOH! >:O

View Profile WWW
« Reply #332 on: May 11, 2010, 03:57:00 AM »

Gaah whats up with all the quits
you quitters....

after im done with mine ill finish all of your games for you and then SPANK YOU WITH EM
Ill film it put it on the 'tubes and grab all the moolah from youtube ads ill be a rich man

Hand Shake LeftApoplecticHand Money Right

pgil
« Reply #333 on: May 11, 2010, 04:00:39 AM »

ok, playable version is go: http://26k.org/dev/play/jupiter_v010.zip

there's still a lot of missing/temp art in there and no sound yet, but this should give a good idea of how the game will look and play. Eventually, there will be other enemies besides meteors and hopefully a change or 2 in location (time willing).

Really interested to see how this runs on people's computers, windowed 3D is shaky at best from what I've seen so far...

Have at it Smiley

Works great on my computer. Btw, here's some music for you: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3125554/jupiter%20scope.mp3. Is this the style you're looking for?

Also Ein don't be a quitter.
mr. podunkian
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 11, 2010, 04:37:11 AM »

i more or less finished my game. now i've just got go back and polish the ending, make sure the levels aren't too hard (and by too hard i mean too too hard, as the whole game is kind of just hard in general), and then add in the extras. not too bad at all for less than 2 weeks worth of work.

easynam
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #335 on: May 11, 2010, 07:09:31 AM »

Does this have to done by Wednesday or the end of the week or something, because if so I can't do it Sad there's a big art exam right now which would slow things down anyway but now the power adaptor for the laptop I make games on has exploded and I won't have a new one for another week. (can't use the laptop at all)

C418
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #336 on: May 11, 2010, 07:44:26 AM »

Also what the fuck rdein. Seriously, you are finished and want to quit. CHICKEN.

L
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #337 on: May 11, 2010, 09:24:07 AM »

I am too busy this week. Ahh, I'll have to quit (aka free Star Evil).  

This particular irked me quite a lot because I was looking forward to the Star Evil remake. In fact, I decided then and there to use the powers of high-speed game making to quickly assemble a replacement!!

http://l.j-factor.com/gamemaker/StarEvil001.exe

Controls:
X - fire, skip text
C - skip text, lower the good/evil meter

You have infinite lives, but you lose some progress at death. Nothing happens after you beat the boss. I'll put together 2 more levels in a little bit.

Meanwhile, in Meong:

These puzzling haikus appear at the start of several rounds, and introduce new game mechanics. Fortunately, your player-character will re-explain it in plain words after they appear.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 09:40:24 AM by L » Logged
Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 11, 2010, 09:47:50 AM »

Gaah whats up with all the quits
you quitters....

after im done with mine ill finish all of your games for you and then SPANK YOU WITH EM
Ill film it put it on the 'tubes and grab all the moolah from youtube ads ill be a rich man

Hand Shake LeftApoplecticHand Money Right

You can totally help me finish mine like you said you would. Kiss

And ein, are you going to give us at least some satisfaction as to why you quit? I sure as hell hope it's not because you don't think your game is good enough or some other similar bullshit. I know it's your choice in the end but at least say something.

oranda
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #339 on: May 11, 2010, 09:51:56 AM »

Ran perfectly fine, and very smooth, on my netbook (Atom based, ASUS 1000HE). It averaged 75 FPS running on powersave mode with a web browser still open so it has good performance. It also was only using about 15% of my CPU when I wasn't hammering on the keys (It rose  to 50% when I held the key for long enough) so it seems to be running perfectly well on my system.

Awesome, thanks! Way better than I was hoping for!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic