Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 07:01:47 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGravity Garden - COMPLETE!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Gravity Garden - COMPLETE!  (Read 12885 times)
Dauss
Level 0

"DAMN YOU HEMMINGWAY!"

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2010, 05:10:34 PM »

Evening Gents. I am the Dauss in question. I'm the story guy, and I also make levels. I'll be on hand to answer questions and give my two cents on the project.

Dauss
Level 0

"DAMN YOU HEMMINGWAY!"

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2010, 06:59:57 PM »

Just got Felix, our music guy, situated so he can easily give his songs to the rest of us for implementation in the game, should be nice and easy to do so now.

Dauss
Level 0

"DAMN YOU HEMMINGWAY!"

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2010, 04:18:13 PM »

The next version is coming along very nicely, here's a screenshot showing off Angry Cosmonaut Simulator mode.

We're currently just shy of half the planned levels in the game, and the new version will be released for your enjoyment then. Hopefully this kick starts your attention spans until then!

TheLastBanana
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2010, 02:20:02 PM »

Oh, hey, thread.  Haven't seen you in a while.
...No, I swear, I haven't been seeing any other threads!
Here, I'll make it up to you.  How does an update sound?  You'd like that?  Okay, good.

So, after 2 months in the works, version 0.9 has come out.  There's been plenty of little versions along the way, but there was so much going on that I never really felt it was ready for another milestone.  Eventually Dauss and I said "when it gets to 18 levels, we'll release it".  So it did, and then there were more things to do.  Anyway, that's all said and done, so here it is!  Give it a try - it's fully playable at this point.  The only important things missing are 18 more levels and two cutscenes.

You'll also know there's a bunch of music in the game now, and it's actually really good.  Thank Felix for that, because I was pretty sure I was going to end up making it, and that doesn't usually turn out well.  We'll probably stick the music up on Bandcamp at some point so Felix can make a little cash of of it, but for now you'll have to enjoy it while you fling plants and crates around a room.
TheLastBanana
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2010, 09:08:57 PM »

Well, it's been 124 days since I last posted here.
We're almost done. ALMOST.
The game has been downsized to 25 levels, but I don't think that's a huge loss. I just don't have the drive to push out 36, but I think 25 is enough for most people's enjoyment anyway.
Mitiz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2010, 12:38:02 AM »

The Variable Orbit Drift Kinetic Alternator.

V.O.D.K.A

Is it bad I noticed this? (:

Play League Of Legends for free!
TheLastBanana
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2010, 09:22:13 PM »

Good to know that somebody did!
Dauss
Level 0

"DAMN YOU HEMMINGWAY!"

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2010, 10:49:27 AM »

Gentlemen, today we will be discussing a figure of history. A true hero, looked up to by millions as a source of inspiration every day. A man who's legacy was not so much defined, but etched into the very fabric of his time, and time thereafter.

I am referring, of course, to Ivan Alexandrov.

Ivan Alexandrov was born in Moscow in year 19XX, the son of a farmer and his wife. As a boy, Ivan displayed great promise in the field of aeronautics and engineering. On his parents farmland he devised new and original methods of transporting produce to government warehouses, becoming the first person to strap a live farm animal to a hand fashioned rocket powered by agricultural waste as a form of shipping (A practice still widely used today in Russia and her surrounding nations, commonly referred to as 'Rokketpigviy').

Upon his 18th birthday, Ivan was conscripted into the Red Army. After completing basic training, which consisted of taping one bayonet to the end of another and shouting curse words at actors portraying Uncle Sam, Ivan was put on a train and ordered to stand guard at the Finnish/USSR border. After a superior officer spotted Alexandrov encouraging a fellow guardsmen to leap from the defensive wall with nothing but a winged suit to slow his fall, he was to be disciplined. Until the officer saw the guard actually attempt to fly, that is.

The guard broke his legs in 4 places. Ivan was transferred to officer training. The Soviet Union could make use of such talents.

After completing his officers training, which was accomplished when he could successfully order a soldier to sit in the corner of a circular room, Ivan was free to pursue the field of work he had desired all along. Aeronautics.

The charismatic, talented young man rose quickly through the ranks. A combination of his stunning handsomeness and ingenious advances in the aeronautical field ensured he was well known and renowned within the military high command. After improving upon the IS-2 design, which allowed the tank to not only fly, but engage other aircraft in combat, he did the unthinkable. He informed command that he wanted to begin construction of a complex structure, powered by a combination of solar panels and an enormous reactor, packed with computers and millions of rubles worth of technology...

And he wanted it in space.

Swayed by his argument that this act would underline Soviet achievement and power, and that rumors were the Americans were beginning work on their own 'space station' as well, command signed off on the request.

Several years later, the completed space station was shot into orbit. The rocket which took it there piloted by none other than the man behind the entire project, Ivan Alexandrov.

A picture of Ivan shortly before boarding his 'Rokketpigviy 2' rocket to bring his space station into orbit.

The first man in space became an icon the world over. Ivan was known internationally for his great achievement, and his accomplishment became a statement to the efficiency of a communist run country. His image was used across the nation to bolster the morale of the people.

Here is a rare still, declassified from United States intelligence operations, and smuggled out of the country. It depicts Ivan Alexandrov promoting his self themed, government issue industrial grade wheat based breakfast cereal, "Ivan's Breakfast Blast Off!".

The USSRs thunder was not to last however. Within months, the United States government announced that their "Really big" space station was to enter orbit as well, approximately 500 meters from the already established Soviet station. The USSR declared their disapproval of this attempt to 'Get all up in our grill', but the United States government replied 'Deal with it.' before launching their space station into position.

Now, as tensions rise between the two superpowers, the future of humanity on Earth and the stars ahead lies in question.

Who will colonize space? Red or blue? Communist or Capitalist? Eagle or Bear?

Well I guess you'll just have to find out yourself...

TheLastBanana
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2010, 09:12:57 PM »

We're ready for release! All that's left is one last piece of music. While we wait for that, here's a trailer:

TheLastBanana
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2010, 11:06:21 PM »

We're finally done! Check out the topic in Feedback here:
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=16216.0
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic