Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 10:00:52 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallHis Dark Majesty - 8bit TBS
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: His Dark Majesty - 8bit TBS  (Read 11896 times)
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2010, 01:08:11 PM »

Some mighty impressive work there. I used the installer, works great.

Some sexy music there, and the gameplay feels fairly deep.

Beer!

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Overkill
Level 3

Andrew G. Crowell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2010, 07:56:38 PM »

I have to say I really hate the fact there are is a turn limit on the levels. The fort level directly after the village defending where you're fighting against lots of Pikemen and Trebuchet was very difficult (for me), and TWICE I had just about won (two guys left) but then I ran out of time. At any rate, overall, it's fun and challenging. Maybe I'll get through the level faster if I can figure out a better strategy than using my Ballista and Crossbowmen to clear the Pikemen and other guys away.

Also, I noticed, if you're viewing an enemy unit's range and you make the camera scroll, the unit range display will disappear. This should probably be fixed.

EDIT: Okay, after I decided to complain, the next try I finished that mission no problem. Heh. Now figuring out the tavern map.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 08:34:13 PM by Overkill » Logged

ilmenit
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2010, 08:25:10 AM »

The turn limit has been added to prevent player from using too defensive (read: boring) siege strategy. It is justified by the story - the player is always in rush.
Overkill
Level 3

Andrew G. Crowell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2010, 10:08:41 AM »

Okay, fair enough. I figured there was a reason like that behind it. I just was sort of annoyed, but that was ultimately because I wasn't pushing enough. And a bigger concern was really that I forgot to pay attention to the turn counter that only appears at the bottom at the start of each turn.

I wonder, is there any way it could appear periodically at the bottom, or somehow popup in more splashy detail when your turn begins? Fire Emblem, Advance Wars, Disgaea and other strategy games tend to pop up a little banner when turns switch. That sort of thing could be a cool effect and communicate the turn information in a more attention-grabbing way. Obviously not a complete necessity, but could be a minor improvement.

Hmm, I think I noticed another little quirk with viewing enemy unit range. If you go to view an enemy's range, you lose the ability to undo your last move. Which can be deadly in certain cases.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 10:17:29 AM by Overkill » Logged

deathtotheweird
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2010, 11:27:26 AM »

The turn counter doesn't really need to displayed so extravagant. Throughout my play through of the game I mostly ignored it. The only time I exceeded the turn counter is when I was playing terribly anyway.

The undo reset thing isn't really a problem. But only a problem if you aren't paying attention. I don't think you should be able to undo after viewing an enemy's range. You should check it before hand.
Megazell
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2012, 07:59:20 PM »

I've been playing this game on and off for sometime. It's been great man and I just wanted to pop in and say so.

I tend to play this at night but the other day my little one caught me playing it and she got so enamored with it now she keeps asking me to play the "she whistles the game theme" game.

Cheesy

Great work!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic