Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 01:16:45 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesHumble indie bundle - pay whatever you want
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26
Print
Author Topic: Humble indie bundle - pay whatever you want  (Read 74013 times)
mark
Level 7

not actually fat, just posing.

View Profile
« on: May 04, 2010, 09:55:56 AM »

A bunch of pretty good games are being sold, at a pretty reasonable price over at:
http://www.wolfire.com/humble

It's another "Pay whatever you want"-deal but this time for a pretty big package (5 game), and they're all pretty good (in my opinion).

Best part is, you can purchase it as a gift and give the games to someone else (oh and they're supporting charity).

GAMES INCLUDED:
  • Aquaria
  • Gish
  • World of Goo
  • Lugaru
  • Penumbra: Overture
Thanks to ChrisFranklin for making the list (I was freaking lazy)

The promo video is pretty good (can't embed video on here Tired) :

A FAQ has been put together.

edit:
Additional notes: 
  • Per Infinite Ammo's twitter account, this is the only place to get Aquaria for Linux computers.
  • All games are DRM-Free!
  • All games are also multiplatform, capable of running on Windows/Mac/Linux OSes

THEY'RE SO CLOSE TO BREAKING 500k AWESOME!

Putting $0 gives you a nice surprise Smiley.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 01:48:20 PM by mark » Logged

I call it the KittenPunisher.

My lisp code told me to leave.
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 10:06:08 AM »

Oooh, that's a nice deal.

I think I'll take it.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
ChrisFranklin
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 10:12:27 AM »

Curses!  I was going to make this thread in the Indie Games forum!  Hand Shake Right Smiley

Anywhoo, I'll post the same information here for those too lazy to click through:

GAMES INCLUDED:
  • Aquaria
  • Gish
  • World of Goo
  • Lugaru
  • Penumbra: Overture

All five games can be yours for the price of $X, where $X is > 0.

Not only that, but you can divvy up where your purchase goes between three parties:
 - Split amongst the developers
 - The Electronic Frontier Foundation
 - Child's Play

They're all awesome games and this is for three great causes, so please consider supporting it!

Additional notes:  

• Per Infinite Ammo's twitter account, this is the only place to get Aquaria for Linux computers.
  • All games are DRM-Free!
  • All games are also multiplatform, capable of running on Windows/Mac/Linux OSes
shig
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 10:44:54 AM »

I don't think "pay whatever you want" deals are good ideas when it comes to the number of sales.

Regardless, I'm totally buying this.
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 10:56:57 AM »

Just got in on this. It's a great way to get second copies of games. I'm all for the 'pay what you want' model.

jrjellybeans
Level 3

They're All Gonna Laugh At You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 11:24:58 AM »

I don't think "pay whatever you want" deals are good ideas when it comes to the number of sales.

I always thought that these were done mostly for the marketing.  Could be wrong though...

In any case, this is a sweet deal.

mark
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 11:26:27 AM »

Regardless, I'm totally buying this.

They earn some money, and these guys are even giving 2/3 to good causes, I don't see how this is a bad idea.
If you're thinking they're trying to beef up their sales numbers, well I can't see a reason why this would help them as they are all indie and have no reason to want to seek a publisher, they're their own publishers.

Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 11:39:34 AM »

How long will this be going on?
mark
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010, 11:43:53 AM »

How long will this be going on?

I think they said a week in the video.

Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 11:45:45 AM »

Ah, there's a timer on the top of the page counting down to the end. I'm not sure if that was there earlier  Huh?
mark
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 11:49:10 AM »

Ah, there's a timer on the top of the page counting down to the end. I'm not sure if that was there earlier  Huh?

I didn't notice it till you said it, they might want to move it down.

edit:

This humble indie bundle is just the beginning. Would you like to be notified about the next promotion from these developers?

Uuuuh.

Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2010, 12:03:03 PM »

Sounds very good deal though I fear my current near zero income won't allow me to pay as much as I'd like to leaving me a bad feeling afterwards  so I'm not sure if I'll take the offer Sad

Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2010, 12:06:49 PM »

I refuse to feel bad about this sort of thing. I'll probably pay the average and then tell some of my friends about the event to fulfill its purpose of raising awareness.
John Nesky
Level 10

aka shaktool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2010, 12:34:26 PM »

Hand Thumbs Up Left Smiley Hand Money Right
mark
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2010, 12:45:48 PM »

I refuse to feel bad about this sort of thing. I'll probably pay the average and then tell some of my friends about the event to fulfill its purpose of raising awareness.

I think this is what they expect people to do since they are displaying the average.
I paid above the average and gave a little extra towards the devs (since splitting 1/3 five ways seems like a small amount) I really hope everyone else who likes indies will do this too, and buy a copy for a friend if you already have the games.

edit:
Just found this on Somethingawful's forums, I'm glad I have you guys because they're all hateful bastards Sad
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 01:01:00 AM by mark » Logged

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2010, 01:26:47 PM »

Just found this on Somethingawful's forums, I'm glad I have you guys because they're all hateful bastards Sad

what do you mean? when i had the pay what you want sale for immortal defense, the something awful forums were very supportive -- not one negative comment

Eraser
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2010, 01:34:18 PM »

I got in on this  Hand Thumbs Up Right The download server is pretty fast, 700kb/s-1.2mb/s(and at this point, it was maxing my connection). Glad I caught wind of this.
mark
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2010, 01:38:38 PM »

what do you mean? when i had the pay what you want sale for immortal defense, the something awful forums were very supportive -- not one negative comment

Generally they're not that bad, I agree, but this time someone was apparently raped by an indie dev, so he didn't want to donate/buy any indies ever, and the charities somehow made them sad too.

Laremere
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2010, 01:45:18 PM »

Wow, this is a great deal, I already have Lugaru (mac giving tree), and World of Goo (Pay what you want sale), but I've been wanting Aquaria and Gish for a long time now, so I'm definitely going to do this, possibly buy some for my friends too.  Oh and there's a fifth game...I guess I'll have to look into that one as well...

The fact that 2/3rds of this is going to charity is really awesome.  Whoever donated $500 is even more awesome.

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, is sound_tree_fall.play() called?

"Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom."
-Albert Einstein
mark
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2010, 01:56:01 PM »

Wow, this is a great deal, I already have Lugaru (mac giving tree), and World of Goo (Pay what you want sale), but I've been wanting Aquaria and Gish for a long time now, so I'm definitely going to do this, possibly buy some for my friends too.  Oh and there's a fifth game...I guess I'll have to look into that one as well...

Penumbra (5th game) is great, but if you're the type who doesn't like being scared...well at least you got 4 other games.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic