Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 11:03:35 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsFishbane - RELEASED AND OUT OH MY GOD
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Fishbane - RELEASED AND OUT OH MY GOD  (Read 22332 times)
JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2010, 01:19:37 PM »

have you seen this thread over at flashpunk?

http://flashpunk.net/forums/index.php?topic=93.0

droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2010, 02:09:57 PM »

Hmm.

Okay, I'm not trying to be immodest here but - basically! - I think this game (Fishbane) is pretty awesome, and I don't want to end up doing anything without doing my best to give it what it deserves / get out of it what it has to give.

I guess if it's as good as I think it is though, I'll get some kind of reputation for the future, which will help me get sponsors?

Really it all comes down to hunting for a sponsor or not, and I don't really gain anything from not waiting for a sponsor. The players do, however, and I have a moral dilemma about this and it's all very tough to take a course of action ;_;

Anyway, it kind of seems like there are enough awful clones of flash games getting sponsored that an original game of this quality (I only have my playtesters' feedback to go on but it was all rather good >_<) should get at least a decent sponsor offer!
edit :: perhaps being too harsh on other flash games here, I dunno. a good deal of them seem fairly mindless though

Maybe I'm just too impatient -- but I'm not gonna let this go if it's just about be not having enough reputation because that's just awful D<
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 02:27:00 PM by Droqen » Logged

JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2010, 02:12:22 PM »

did you try this place

http://www.flashgamesponsorship.com/

droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2010, 02:24:15 PM »

Aye.

It's been up for... four or five days, and I've sent three emails out to sponsors [I think].

I'm going to be trying again, but
---> I've got a bunch of sponsor views but most of them were awfully short and I've got no bids
---> I got no responses from the portals/sponsors that I contacted

deathtotheweird
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2010, 02:33:55 PM »

http://mochiland.com/articles/marketing-flash-games-the-other-half-of-the-battle

E-mail more than just 3 sponsors (list below). Send multiple emails (but not to the point you're annoying)

some sponsors:
http://wiki.mochimedia.com/Flash-Game-Portals-to-Submit-Your-Game
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2010, 02:36:49 PM »

Oh goodness.

Thanks, allen.

maxwell
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2010, 11:40:21 PM »

I got a game sponsored recently by emailing a 15 or so sites. I got responses from maybe 4, & let them bid it out. The initial responses took up to a week and the bidding continued for a week after. What I learned:

- Link to a video (check)
- Link to screenshots (shows resolution, quality, etc. that aren't apparent in video)
- Link to a webpage with your swf embedded in it. No downloads, passwords, rar files, etc. People will somehow fail anything failable.

Also, I think your video is awesome, but then I'm a person who reads about incomplete games for fun. It doesn't give much sense of what the game is like because of the quick cuts. I think you might do better to show a minute or so of continuous, advanced gameplay, something that says "it will be totally sweet playing this game in 5 minutes so stick it out through the ramp-up." Even though they should determine the quality of the game by playing it, first impressions are huge and will affect their attitude when they play.

I hope that helps and I'm really excited to play FISHBANE

offal
Level 0

goblet lifestyle

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2010, 07:32:28 AM »

droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2010, 08:06:19 AM »

maxwell: I know what you mean about the video but I was also worried about giving away solutions to things -- could do that, though; I'll look into possibly making another trailer or a gameplay video or something.

Thanks! I hope it helps too o:

offal: Awesome xD

Loren Schmidt
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2010, 09:51:55 PM »

Hey, best wishes Droquen. You're right to believe in your game and stick it out. You already seem to be off to a good start in terms of presenting your game well. I think it's just a matter of getting the odds in your favor.
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2010, 10:15:05 PM »

Hey, best wishes Drogen.
fix'd

This game is good and I'm sure it will get a sponsor sooner or later. (hopefully sooner)
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2010, 11:28:18 PM »

mokesmoe you are terrible xD
(yes I hope so too thank you ^^)
Thanks a lot, Sparky! :3
Yay at all the positivity in the airs <3

I am going to be undergoing a descriptive and contact overhaul over the next couple of days so here's hoping it works out for the best!

droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2010, 07:58:34 PM »

Take a look at the first post! There is something new there!

Something big.

(( Don't share it with too many people until I make sure I can hog some bandwidth ))

SHARE IT WITH EVERYBODY
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 07:42:50 PM by Droqen » Logged

muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2010, 03:35:37 AM »

Whoah, the demo moves in slo-mo on my Athlon 3200. If the count at the top left is supposed to be in seconds, then it seems to be 3-4x too slow. I think you should look into optimizing it.
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2010, 07:29:09 AM »

That is way too slow to be a problem that can be solved through optimization o__o

... Any other flash things do this for you?

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2010, 04:58:10 PM »

In the last level, you don't need stoney to press a button.

You can just press one blue button, get on the red platform, throw your spear at the red button, and jump just before it hits.
muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2010, 06:14:57 PM »

That is way too slow to be a problem that can be solved through optimization o__o

... Any other flash things do this for you?

No, Flash games typically run fine for me. Some of the more demanding ones start to lag a bit once lots of stuff is on the screen (it is a rather old machine), but in this case there was virtually nothing going on at all...
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2010, 10:56:02 PM »

ohh this is bad.

muku, this is very weird :/ I really don't know what to suggest o_o

mokesmoe: 1. are you running into this same issue or any lag at all? 2. thank you for pointing that out; it has now been remedied

PaleFox
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2010, 08:44:38 AM »

I get massive slowdown too -- until I reload the page, at which point it runs fine. Strange, that, but maybe you could try it.
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2010, 09:03:13 AM »

I get no slowdown at all, but I have a very high end computer. Maybe I have the problem, but my comp can keep up with it anyways.

Also, collision: (or lack of)

Doing level 5 the right way is much harder.
I did manage to get all 5 goldfish. It was in the previous version, but the update didn't change any goldfish.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic